JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

A Shelton, Wash., woman who answered her door early Friday morning was shot by two men. Mason County Sheriff's deputies are looking for the shooters.

It happened around 3:30 a.m. when the 30-year-old answered the door at her home on East Tyler Lane, according to Chief Deputy Dean Byrd.

When the woman opened the door, the suspects opened fire.

It wasn't immediately known how many times the woman was shot. She was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition. It's also not known if she knew the suspects.

Sheriff’s deputies set up a perimeter and were using a K-9 in the search for the two men.

Your assumption that she is a "doper" is ignorant and uninformed. Being up at that time in the morning is not unusual in this community. Many work for shellfish companies and living by the tides is part of the job. I'm not saying this is the case but I am saddened that you choose to make an assuption before the investigation is complete. She is in critical condition with life threatening injuries. She has young children. Try to grow some compassion. Just because you open the door at 3:00 AM doesn't mean you are a "doper" and you should be shot in the face.

I hear what you're saying Stella, but what is your response to this quote from the second Q13 Fox article?
"Police added that they are familiar with the woman and that she has a history of drug arrests."

Peter

"This is a targeted incident and the public would be much more concerned if this was a random incident where somebody is just running through a neighborhood, knocking on doors and shooting people, but this is not the case. It's one or two individuals that were targeted at one residence, so I think the public remains reasonably safe," Mason County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Dean Byrd said.

Read more: Shelton woman shot, in critical condition; police believe she was targeted | Q13 FOX News
Funny stuff right here
It's one or two individuals that were targeted at one residence, so I think the public remains reasonably safe,

Maybe a better statement would have been
"Our drug problem is so out of hand that they are running around killing each other in the middle of the night"

You think they feel safer knowing that he was shooting his rifle at just one person? He's still shooting a gun that will penetrate walls and kill neighbors.

Your assumption that she is a "doper" is ignorant and uninformed. Being up at that time in the morning is not unusual in this community. Many work for shellfish companies and living by the tides is part of the job. I'm not saying this is the case but I am saddened that you choose to make an assuption before the investigation is complete. She is in critical condition with life threatening injuries. She has young children. Try to grow some compassion. Just because you open the door at 3:00 AM doesn't mean you are a "doper" and you should be shot in the face.

Duhh,did you go to the link and read the article?
She was still stupid to open the door at that time

You were supposed to read the article that I linked before you went all bat-stuff on me. Here, let's try again. Before you try to defend your blatant ignorance, read this link:

Hypocrite - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Happy Thanksgiving.

Just for the record, the QFox article is the only media source that says that. Did it ever occur to any of you that police may know someone because of a domestic violence situation?
The article that started this thread is incorrect. She was not airlifted to Harborview due to weather conditions. She was taken to a hospital in Olympia.
@mjbskwim Duh? There is more than one article/media report. I have read them all.
@ flopsweat "Before you try to defend your blatant ignorance, read this link""Hypocrite" Name calling? Give me a break. I have to laugh at trolls who result to name calling.
There are more reasons than drugs for someone to be up at that time of the morning.I could list a few more of them but you seem to be stuck on the drug thing. Would you expect that someone you know, who comes to your door at that time of the morning, is going to shoot you in the face?
"In the wrong place at the wrong time" is something you may want to consider.
Unless you are directly involved in this investigation you are speculating. I suspect none of you know her. Would you still be spewing this vile crap if she was your friend or family member? I think not.
There is no justification for an act this heinous despite what many of you are saying. The fact that you are blaming the victim for opening the door or accusing her of being a "doper" is beyond comprehension to me. I know there are young children right now who are asking where their mama is. If that doesn't get to you I don't know what will.

So Stella, are you related to the victim? You being a new member with 2 posts and your wording in you posts seems to me that you know more to the story.

Stella's point is well-taken, nonetheless. No one deserves to be shot in the face, even though it does happen sometimes, like to dumba$$ tweekers that bust into the homes of NWFA members at 3AM. Too bad Mom wasn't as well prepared.

Just for the record, the QFox article is the only media source that says that. Did it ever occur to any of you that police may know someone because of a domestic violence situation?
The article that started this thread is incorrect. She was not airlifted to Harborview due to weather conditions. She was taken to a hospital in Olympia.
@mjbskwim Duh? There is more than one article/media report. I have read them all.
@ flopsweat "Before you try to defend your blatant ignorance, read this link""Hypocrite" Name calling? Give me a break. I have to laugh at trolls who result to name calling.
There are more reasons than drugs for someone to be up at that time of the morning.I could list a few more of them but you seem to be stuck on the drug thing. Would you expect that someone you know, who comes to your door at that time of the morning, is going to shoot you in the face?
"In the wrong place at the wrong time" is something you may want to consider.
Unless you are directly involved in this investigation you are speculating. I suspect none of you know her. Would you still be spewing this vile crap if she was your friend or family member? I think not.
There is no justification for an act this heinous despite what many of you are saying. The fact that you are blaming the victim for opening the door or accusing her of being a "doper" is beyond comprehension to me. I know there are young children right now who are asking where their mama is. If that doesn't get to you I don't know what will.

Sounds like you still didn't check out the link.

Stella, again what is your response to the quote from the Q13 Fox article that "Police added that they are familiar with the woman and that she has a history of drug arrests.".

You called out another forum member and said they were ignorant to assume that this gal was a doper. The police seem to indicate that the woman/victim does indeed have a problem with drugs - either using or dealing.

Peter

I know there are young children right now who are asking where their mama is. If that doesn't get to you I don't know what will.

EXACTLY.
Be aware of whats the "F" is going on so your children aren't in harms way.Her opening the door like that,put her children in harms way. That take my sympathy away from her or anybody that doesn't use their head when THEIR CHILDREN ARE INVOLVED.

IF she knew them "IF"
If she knew these guys,she wasn't a very good judge of character.These were very bad people.If she knew they were bad people and still opened the door for them,she wasn't too bright and PUT HER CHILDREN AT RISK.

They very easily could have come in and killed the kids too.

No matter if she was waiting for a ride,going to work,taking the garbage out,letting the dog out,whatever. She had children in the house and needed to watch her surroundings better.
And IF she was a druggy,well,this is what happens some times,unfortunately.

Guys, if this person was a "prohibited" person, or not, she still should have the right to defend herself, and to be secure in her own abode.

What happened, I do not know, why it happened I do not know, and to me it really does not matter..what matters is the gal did not have teh opportunity to defend herself, whether of her choice, or the States. It bothers me, as well as poster "Stella" that there are so many here to condem someone without good facts. Just like you did when in another post a lot of you jumped on "hydrophonics" as an automatic indication of a MJ grow, when most of the Tomato's you purchse at the store (like BC hothouse tomatos?) are grown hydrophonically, as are a lot of other vegies..

To those that this applies to....Quit being so D$%^ self-righteous!

My last post.... Too much speculation, casting aspersions, uninformed or misinformed comments and so much more. A heinous crime has been committed and you are justifying it by blaming the victim. Shame on you.
Please read your Mission Statement and Community Rules.

I did NOT say children were in the home at the time of the assault. My statement was not ambiguous.
I see nobody read the part about how you would feel if this were being said about one of your family members.
@ATCclears: Calling out another member? If I am not mistaken, this is what he told me: "You were supposed to read the article that I linked before you went all bat-stuff on me. Here, let's try again. Before you try to defend your blatant ignorance, read this link:Hypocrite" I think he should have looked up "ignorance" as my use is more appropriate based on the meaning of the word.
Also, I did not say he is "ignorant"-I said his assumption was ignorant.
Called out another member? That's funny.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top