JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone dealing with Sharp Shooters Supply? I placed an order for a rifle stock back in April and cannot get any answers or response from them. They have a history of this so I'm not surprised that it's taking a long time but now I wonder if they're out of business or something else is up. Thanks for any help or information.

Anyone dealing with Sharp Shooters Supply? I placed an order for a rifle stock back in April and cannot get any answers or response from them. They have a history of this so I'm not surprised that it's taking a long time but now I wonder if they're out of business or something else is up. Thanks for any help or information.
Dang! You and I talked about this way back when.
Did you try calling them?
My experience is their communication sucks, but their stuff is great.
Have they charged your CC yet?

Oh yes they had got the money up front I sent them a cashier's check. And they communicated great on the details of my custom stock good email responses once the order was placed zip NADA zero

Oh yes they had got the money up front I sent them a cashier's check. And they communicated great on the details of my custom stock good email responses once the order was placed zip NADA zero
Frustrating, to say the least. I know they're old folks running the business.
My wife talked to them when she got me their trigger for xmas a few years ago. Do they answer the phone?
Aren't they in Columbus, OH or thereabouts? My BIL lives there. We could have him storm their place.... :eek:

Well I guess I'm just not patient enough because it's only been 6 months and like Alpha I was told 3 or 4. Well if I ever get it I can only hope it's right. I'll see if I can get him to answer the phone tomorrow.

Well apparently I am still learning the hard way. My first order with them was a small part which they delivered fairly promptly and that made me think they were an okay company. Clearly they can't handle the rifle stock portion of their business.
They're probably not bad people, but they clearly can't comprehend their production capacity and proper scheduling.
The woman seems to like to take the orders and the ol' man simply can't keep up.
Their lives must be very stressful.

My online buying rules :

1) Thoroughly check out an unknown seller
Use Resellerratings and/or BBB
2) Use a credit card for online purchases whenever possible (the CC company will protect you)
Don't do money orders or cashier's check for large ticket items
3) Never pay in full up front for any "work to be done" (agree to a portion)

Item #3 is what gets uninitiated home owners in a bind on a daily basis.

Well their ears must have been burning because I got an email from Lisa today saying that they are still in business and apologized for the late shipment and lack of response. Unfortunately I got no update on when I might see the product. Someone should take over that business because they do have some good Niche products for Savage.

Well their ears must have been burning because I got an email from Lisa today saying that they are still in business and apologized for the late shipment and lack of response. Unfortunately I got no update on when I might see the product. Someone should take over that business because they do have some good Niche products for Savage.
Well it's good that you got a response.
However, I would think about canceling the order if it were me.

Make 'em an offer! :D

Happy Ending? I started this thread in Sept whining about Sharp Shooters Supply (SSS). Low and Behold I received the savage target stock I ordered this week. Lead time of 16 weeks... got it in only 11months. Interesting buying experiance to say the least, but very happy to get either the stock or money back.
After a buch of internet searching I learned this was not uncommon with SSS for many years. On the bright side, many folks are very happy with the quality after getting past the frustrating wait. I must admit this stock is near perfect. It's exactly as ordered. The in-letting, fit and finish on the action, barrel, pillars, recoil pad, adj check, and Anschutz rail is beautiful work. Advertised as 100% drop-in stock, it did just that. 100% sanded and ready for clear coat ... it is! I touched it with steel wool and tack cloth only before a polyurethane satin finish.
Was it worth the frustration, poor communication and wait? Maybe...if it shoots like I think it will without bedding, I'd say yes. I guess its still posible to survive as a company with such poor performance.
Off to the range now for load dev and 600yd summer league. 20190319_084029.jpg

Was it worth the frustration, poor communication and wait? Maybe...if it shoots like I think it will without bedding, I'd say yes. I guess its still posible to survive as a company with such poor performance.
Off to the range now for load dev and 600yd summer league.

Absolutely do bed it! And I'll keep an eye out for the gun, I'm a regular at the 600 summer league. Keep an eye out for my tool of choice and say Hi.
league rifle.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads