JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment
"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." – Speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 14, 1778

tumblr_nyyowqFABc1r7p8tto1_500.png

He's ''The Duke''. He don't need no stinking bullets!

Plus that's an 1875 AR-15. And everybody knows they didn't have magazines back then. Duh! :s0140:

Clips then? ;) Maybe a 'leever' action AR? Or maybe a muzzle loader? You're right though, the Duke would make anything work :)

Ok, so I'm relatively new here (been lurking for a few weeks) and also that rarest of birds, a liberal (small 'l', please note the difference) gun owner. From my perspective, I completely agree with anyone who blocked the bill that would have prevented people on the terrorist "watch list" from purchasing guns. It's just plain unconstitutional, and bad laws don't do a damn thing other than make ignorant people feel like they've "done something" about gun violence. Like Tac said, gun bans and gun control laws demonstrably do not work. Unless it's another "we-need-to-feel-good-about-ourselves" ploy where they can point to "lowered gun violence" (well duh, they always include suicides in those "30,000 gun deaths per year" numbers anyway, and with a gun ban, of course the numbers will go down). Thing is, murder rates don't change when you ban guns. In the UK and Wales, Jamaica, and (gasp) Washington DC they went up after the gun bans went in to place. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that perhaps the problem isn't with the tool, but maybe with the society.

I think that fundamentally, people who think that nobody but law enforcement or the military should own a gun live in a far, far different (and maybe even better) world than I do. That's fine for them, but I can't possibly be alone in knowing that the world is not a safe place, for anyone, at any time. You wear a seat belt when you drive a car because you might get in an accident. Why should carrying a pistol for self defense be any different? If we don't, as a society, get together and figure out what's causing these incidents we're not going to be able to stop them. Even if we do figure out what's causing them, we're never going to live in a safe world. The price of our personal freedoms comes with risk, but I'd rather be free than feel a false sense of safety. I think this is something the Founding Fathers knew very well, but a good portion of the populace has forgotten.

Ok, so I'm relatively new here (been lurking for a few weeks) and also that rarest of birds, a liberal (small 'l', please note the difference) gun owner. From my perspective, I completely agree with anyone who blocked the bill that would have prevented people on the terrorist "watch list" from purchasing guns. It's just plain unconstitutional, and bad laws don't do a damn thing other than make ignorant people feel like they've "done something" about gun violence. Like Tac said, gun bans and gun control laws demonstrably do not work. Unless it's another "we-need-to-feel-good-about-ourselves" ploy where they can point to "lowered gun violence" (well duh, they always include suicides in those "30,000 gun deaths per year" numbers anyway, and with a gun ban, of course the numbers will go down). Thing is, murder rates don't change when you ban guns. In the UK and Wales, Jamaica, and (gasp) Washington DC they went up after the gun bans went in to place. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that perhaps the problem isn't with the tool, but maybe with the society.

I think that fundamentally, people who think that nobody but law enforcement or the military should own a gun live in a far, far different (and maybe even better) world than I do. That's fine for them, but I can't possibly be alone in knowing that the world is not a safe place, for anyone, at any time. You wear a seat belt when you drive a car because you might get in an accident. Why should carrying a pistol for self defense be any different? If we don't, as a society, get together and figure out what's causing these incidents we're not going to be able to stop them. Even if we do figure out what's causing them, we're never going to live in a safe world. The price of our personal freedoms comes with risk, but I'd rather be free than feel a false sense of safety. I think this is something the Founding Fathers knew very well, but a good portion of the populace has forgotten.

Welcome to the forum. I have to say, you don't talk like some other liberals I know. Be careful, you may be on the verge of being a conservative, or maybe a libertarian.

Well said sir! We the sheeple!!! Unfortunately, it seems times thy are a changin! It used to be a man could defend himself by what ever means he had available. My Grand Father served through WW2 and brought home a few guns he thought he might find useful for providing for his family be it hunting, to put much needed food on the table, or to defend himself and his family from any threat of harm! No one cared then, that my grand dad, a up standing, highly respected vet, a Sworn Deputy, and a city counsel member, and a long time resident owned any of these types of guns! One being a BAR!!! Now days, My Dear Old Grand Dad would be considered a criminal because he owned a rifle he could not be trusted to own! (Some one from Germany must have sent a telegram on that one!) Because the U.S. Army trusted him with it! This country once trusted and counted on hundreds of thousands of its young men to protect our lives and our freedoms from such threats by issuing every kind of weapon it could come up with! After the war, many were sold off as surplus and thousands were brought home as prizes!
I think Ted Nugget said it best, I (we) have the God given right to protect and to preserve my (our) gift of life, and the second adm. is my concealed carry permit! Damn right! I will be damned if I will surrender my right and ability to protect and defend my gift of life! I will not surrender my ability to hunt, fish, and gather to feed my family and my self regardless of what the laws of man say I can or cannot do! And if I need to protect my self from any harm. I will do so with what ever means I have! This republic ( for which I swore an oath to protect and defend) has sure gotten itself into a bother over these so called " assault Weapons" that these professionals have been alleged to be using to commit these horrible crimes on the innocent's of this country!
We cry out Please make these awful guns go away so that we can all live in peace! WRONG.......... Just ask Germans, or Brits or Canuks or Frogs!!! These people surrendered there God given right to defend there gift of life, and now they die by the hundreds not only at the hands of the criminals, but by there own
government! It has been proven time and time again, When you make something illegal only criminals will have it! I guess I am about to be considered a criminal!!! Sush...........Don't tell any body I have guns, I don't want big brother thinking I an a threat or a terrorist or a bad guy!

WE REAP WHAT WE SOW!!!!! THE TIME OF THE HARVEST HAS COME!! WILL YOU DINE ON WHAT HAS BEEN SOWN, OR WILL YOU FEEL THE PAIN OF HUNGER? :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top