JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this on another site and thought it would be right to post it here also. Dig deep into your sole and ask yourself, what would you do?

Once again, in the wake of the most recent slaughter of innocents - this time in San Bernadino, California - there are those in high office, the media, and wherever other anti-gun individuals reside that are calling for "tougher gun laws."

As if "tough gun laws" don't already exist. As if people intent on harming others pay attention to "tough gun laws." As if yet another "tough gun law" would do anything to stop the carnage.

I've been around firearms all my life and there are many ways I could approach this, but I'll deal with it from the perspective I've come to consider the most important - that of being a father and grandfather.

I'll explain.

I was raised with the old-fashioned notion that these titles carry several very specific responsibilities. One of them is that I am my family's first line of defense in any tough situation.

Unfortunately, in these times, I believe that that notion has been pushed too far into the background and, in many cases, been forgotten altogether. Many are now more than willing to hope and pray that, when something bad happens, someone - any one - will come along to make everything right again.

Yes, we have police officers. The problem for me is that none of them live with me and, given the fact that I and my family aren't their only concern, they will most likely not be nearby when I need them most. Yes, we can call "911" at any hour of the day or night. The problem is that such a call will likely be made to report the hell we're now experiencing or, much worse, the hell that we've just been through.

Added to the above, I also believe that, when you're staring down the bad guys, the three most useless things to you are: (1) Things you need but don't have (a means of self-defense) ; (2) Laws you've followed but they haven't ("Gun Free Zones"); and (3) Help that's minutes away when seconds are all you have.

As I approach my 70th birthday, I've become all too aware of the fact that, in dealing with an assailant, an Islamic nut case, or an intruder far younger and stronger than I, the chances of my subduing him (or them) are not as good as they once might have been. Too, I'm not willing to bet either my or my family's well being on the benevolent nature of the thug(s) we may be facing.

All of the above lead me to the conclusion that certain steps are therefore appropriate in order to protect myself and my family from harm should the need to do so present itself. For that one reason, among many others, I believe that I have the inalienable right to possess and - when needed - use a firearm.

I know that there are many who disagree. I know that many such individuals are willing to forego a firearm and place their trust in the institutions that have been set up to come to our aid when needed. The problem, as noted, is time. They may not have any.

There are "goblins" everywhere in our society who can look just as normal as you or I. You read about them every day. These individuals have no inhibitions as regards harming others in order to satisfy whatever "need" they might have at any given moment. They have no regard for the law or for any of the boundaries that good people abide by. They simply ignore them and, should you be their target, they will lose no sleep over the fact that you had to be hurt or killed to satisfy their desires.

Because of several personal experiences, I long ago made a personal choice and a moral decision to provide myself with the means - and training - to act should I or any member of my family be threatened while I am present.

I leave it to the "goblins" to figure out what that means.

I did not do this out of the perceived need to take the law into my own hands nor to perform any macho posturing. I did it to ensure that some measure of protection would be available to me and mine should it be needed.

And for these reasons, I believe that, when it comes to protecting ourselves or those we love, the only "tough gun law" to be obeyed comes from a much higher source than any current crop of lawmakers.

It's that simple.

Liberals want to use this California shooting as an excuse to take our guns away. I get it.
But as the word becomes less and less safe. People will reject there attempts at being disarmed more and more.

In the same way the Army prepares soldiers for the battlefield. We know we must be prepared.
Today the battlefield is the coffee shop. The Christmas party. And the Rock concert.

185,000 background checks on black Friday.
I must not be the only person thinking along these lines?

Jihad has been here for a number of years and TPTB have tried desperately to deflect that fact, and many drank deeply of the kool-aid... San Bernadino has now just pulled the pants of TPTB around their ankles and left them with fewer options to spin it and blame "bitter white Christian men".

Welcome to the party, pal! o_O

Jihad has been here for a number of years and TPTB have tried desperately to deflect that fact, and many drank deeply of the kool-aid... San Bernadino has now just pulled the pants of TPTB around their ankles and left them with fewer options to spin it and blame "bitter white Christian men".

Welcome to the party, pal! o_O

Welcome to the party indeed

movie-die-hard-welcome-to-the-party-pal.png

Wow. This is so well written that I am almost speechless. Really. All I guess I can say in support is YEAH!

Agreed! ^^

I think this would make a great letter to the editor. Yeah, they won't print it will they? I'd say keep sending it, to papers everywhere. After all, papers every where are printing editorials from people wanting MORE gun safety laws?

This letter letter shows how a majority of us feel. I feel it would be difficult to rebut any thing written there.

It just so happens that the guy that wrote this, writes editorials for the Everett Herald news paper. He wrote the original back when Sandy Hook happened. He just change a few things to reflect on after the southern California shootings.

And...........he just wrote this, this morning

O.K.

This one's going to be pernicious. Probably insensitive, unreasonable, and callous to boot.

Apparently, there are a number of anti-firearm types who are now assuming the fetal position, have their undies in a wad, their thumbs stuck squarely in their mouths, and are whining for "mommy" to come and fix things. All because those vile, dastardly, uncaring, and duplicitous Republicans have shot down a proposed law to prevent the sale of firearms to those who might find themselves on a terrorist watch list.

Oh, the horror!

Someone's stood up for due process. Someone has said, "Sorry folks, this is America. A place (for the time being) where you're innocent until proven guilty. A place where many still think that if you haven't done anything illegal, you can still behave like the normal person our government should assume that you are."

Let's assume that I'm a hunter (I am).

Let's assume that I have more than one rifle (I do).

Let's assume that I reload for the rifles I own and that I do this in my garage, sometimes with the garage door open (I do).

Let's assume that I have more than one or two rounds of ammunition for each of my rifles (My wife's eyes roll in utter exasperation).

Now, what if one of my neighbors was not enamored with the idea of an ordinary American having "an arsenal" in his home and decided to call the local authorities to complain of the fact that I spend time at night working on guns and ammunition and often have one or two other friends (i.e., hunting partners and obvious deviant malcontents) over doing the same thing.

What if a member of the local law enforcement agencies was overworked, tired, and just too busy to spend any time researching who I am or what I was doing and passed my name along to an agency as someone who might shoulda oughta be on some list somewhere?

If the recent proposed law had passed, I now might not able to purchase the handgun I may or may not be thinking of buying to protect me or mine when things might go sideways when I least expect them to.

In other words, my right to due process has been quietly taken from me.

Is that really so hard to understand?

"Reasonable?" Hardly. What's happening is that we're becoming a nation of children - always looking for "mommy" to come and make the bad things go away.

Whiners. I wish they'd just grow the hell up. The lot of them.

Last Edited:
Back in 1988 there was the VERY first massacre of innocent civilians in the UK in modern history. At place called Hungerford, the perp first murdered a picnicing mom in front of her babies, shot up a gas station, went home killed his mom, the went on a rampage in the town, killing sixteen people and wounding thirty+ others, before killing himself in a school.

Result - all centre-fire semi-auto rifles and carbines in the entire UK were prohibited.

Fast forward to 1996 and Dunblane, Scotland, in the school where Andy Murray, the bat-and ball player, was a fist grader. Using a couple of handguns, the perp slaughtered sixteen first graders and their teacher before, allegedly, shooting himself, or so it is said.

Result - all modern-style cartridge-firing handguns were prohibited on mainland UK - Northern Ireland told the gubmint to mind its own business.

So, the only legal handguns owned by private individuals mainland yUK -apart from a couple of hundred specially licensed and very restricted[ are black powder and the ridiculous so-called long barrelled revolvers/pistols - not a single one of which has EVER been stolen.

Since that time, handgun crime, which was virtually non-existent before Dunblane, went through the roof, peaking in 2009 at ten-times the pre-Dunblane level.

All this with illegal handguns.

You would have to be a total morn to realise that making something illegal only effects those people who take notice of the law. I realised long ago that most of those those people that we vote into government to represent our views and look after our interests fall into that category - morons.

'sno different this side of the Great Water.

tac

Last Edited:
Tac, once you have made your post. You can go down to the lower right hand corner and click on the 3 little lines. That is where your edit feature is.

Apparently now it's not California's tough gun laws as the problem, it's the lax gun laws of her neighboring states--Arizona and Nevaduh--making it easy for bad guys to obtain awful black rifles. Here we go...

When there are so many anti firearms people screaming at the law makers to "Do Something!" The law makers have to respond don't they? If they just tell the screamers "No, there's nothing we can do" they'll be made to look uncaring about dead children, no? A good part of the problem is with the people in our area, (whole West coast?) being more to the left, than to the right.

Then you have the media that likes to get people all worked up rather than just, report the story! With all the inaccurate terms and out right untruths.

I've tried. I see that blank stare when the subject of fire arms come up when trying to talk sense to acquaintances and just have to walk away, shaking my head.

Apparently now it's not California's tough gun laws as the problem, it's the lax gun laws of her neighboring states--Arizona and Nevaduh--making it easy for bad guys to obtain awful black rifles. Here we go...
Not surprisingly, look how NYT twists the story against 'black rifles'.
IIRC UCC shooter did not use the AR (ArmaLite Rifle copy), but shot all his victims with handguns. Yet the assumption is presented that he used the AR (ArmaLite Rifle copy) in the murders by only picturing that firearm. Filthy Liar NYT!

I quit reading & closed the link after that.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top