JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Almost anything other than a name similar to another evil black rifle?

CFAR (compact)?
C-FART?
SPCR (small penis compensating rifle)?
Maybe Ruger should hire you for their marketing department.

In all seriousness... like I said.. I don't really see the hullaboo about one letter off.. Colt couldve sued the pants off PSA, DPMS,KAC, Rock River, and probably others for being 1 letter off or using similar acronyms for AR15 and AR10 and so on...

Maybe Ruger should hire you for their marketing department.

In all seriousness... like I said.. I don't really see the hullaboo about one letter off.. Colt couldve sued the pants off PSA, DPMS,KAC, Rock River, and probably others for being 1 letter off or using similar acronyms for AR15 and AR10 and so on...
Yeah I think it is silly as well.

OK, so FN has a point. I was playing Tour of Duty and THOUGHT I was getting a SCAR, but instead it was a SFAR. So now not only are a bunch of middle schoolers making fun of my non cool looking rifle, but it fails to feed with every shot and I'm constantly having to charge it.

OK, so FN has a point. I was playing Tour of Duty and THOUGHT I was getting a SCAR, but instead it was a SFAR. So now not only are a bunch of middle schoolers making fun of my non cool looking rifle, but it fails to feed with every shot and I'm constantly having to charge it.
SR25
SR15
LAR-15
M15
PA10
FAR-15
DR15
XM15E2
M&P 15
DDM4
LAR-8
FAR-308
AR-308
MK556
Zion-15

:rolleyes:
None of the above ARs made by Colt

Guys - regarding all the comparisons of the Ruger standard model to Lugers and Nambu, etc... - 20 year patent expiration. ;)

That's why Glock couldn't sue anyone over their striker-fire mechinism design after 20 years.

That's why we have the option of low-cost, over-the-counter ibuprofen, instead of having to pay a premium for Motrin. (I'm old enough to remember when Motrin came out - it was prescription, not OTC.)

Now - regarding Luger and Ruger.

George Luger invented the Luger pistol in 1898. Maybe Bill Ruger was a distant relative. 😂

(On a completely related and irrelevant note - how many of you guys went DECADES - like I did - pronouncing Alex Sturm's last name incorrectly? I just to say Strum and Ruger, even while owning a bunch of their firearms. Come on, admit it.)

I don't know how using some of the same letters of the alphabet can result in copyright infringements. Maybe the U.S. should sue Us magazine for using the same letters.

Or maybe Luger should sue Ruger. This all gets pretty ridiculous.

But if a company devotes so much time and money over a lawsuit, they must think there is a chance of winning. :confused:
Throw enough money at something and it'll come to pass, whether it be unconstitutional laws, a political office, or frivolous lawsuits.

As you can plainly see the two rifles are almost identical..,
View attachment 1844697

SCAR = Special Forces Assault Rifle
SFAR = Short Frame Autoloading Rifle (corrected)

FN's panties are in a wad because if you say "SFAR" as one consonant it could sound like "SCAR" if you were heavily intoxicated. I've always heard it pronounced S-F-A-R. IMO FN should stop taking estrogen injections and worry about real things. Nobody confuses the two.

In further news FN is now preparing lawsuits against automakers over the word "car".
FN also takes the "fun" out of U….

I've been cut multiple times and have the SCARs to prove it. I'm suing FN.
I think Ugg boots needs to sue FN for ripping off their design profile and making a butt-ugly butt-stock out of it.

IMG_2137.jpeg

Last Edited:
Shouldn't it technically be SOFCAR?, considering the description of the gun is six words, yet the acronym has only four letters.
It is whatever FN wants to call it. The full name or acronym. Bear in mind that FN is a Belgian based concern and their names/acronyms do not always translate directly to English as you would expect. Their two main languages are Flemish (Dutch) and French. FN is located in the Flemish part of Belgium. Dutch is a Germanic language and like Deutsche it probably tends to string new words together as a single word. Beyond that, you will have to ask somebody from FN why their acronym and the full name don't match in English.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top