JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a few years away from the Senior Discount Bonanza that lies ahead but want to know what I have to look forward to. If you know of some discounts, tax breaks, benefits (besides ss and medicare) available to seniors, please post them here.

Most chain restaurants have senior discounts. I always ask, and often find unposted discounts.

Some motel chains have senior discounts. I have seen at least one that is tied to AARP membership, and since AARP is all-in on gun control, that is a non-starter.

Includes a hunting and fishing license, and the Columbia River Basin Endorsement

Cost: $6

To qualify: You must be an Oregon resident for at least six months immediately prior to qualifying for this license, be 65 years of age or older this year, and have resided in Oregon for not less than 50 years prior to the date of application.

Last Edited:
Includes a hunting and fishing license, and the Columbia River Basin Endorsement

To qualify: You must be an Oregon resident for at least six months immediately prior to qualifying for this license, be 65 years of age or older this year, and have resided in Oregon for not less than 50 years prior to the date of application.
Yeah, cheap mutha's. 50 years? Gosh I have 40 is all. I'm thinking I've pretty much given up fishing here. Unless I were to move out of this pit to some where pulling a boat in/out of town wasn't so harrowing.

Last Edited:

Big whoop!
I'm still stewing over that. I went a lifetime while all the older folk I knew had this free, but when I finally reached that age, A day late and a dollar short, Greedy governor Brown just could not live with giving anything away for free! And o break on any tags or application fees either.
We do have a free senior permit for national parks albeit the last time we went to Yellowstone we drove on through because there was no where to camp, and dang lucky to have just barely gotten out the east side because they shut down that exit at dusk..
Yah, I do feel better now :)

Basic grocery market in the old Thriftway store on Farmington rd. between Kinnerman and Rosa rd. has a 10% off veterans another day 10% for seniors. Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.
That's very kindly of them, thank you.

None. Never discount a senior with his left blinker perpetually on and a bad attitude.

Lulz

giphy.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews