JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, liberal democrats are elected in this state by carrying four to six counties (Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Lane, sometimes Benton, and a few others). I would bubblegum that a party could hold that much sway by only carrying seven of Oregon's 36 counties, but that's the way the system works. I guess we need to keep hoping the government trough dries up, as that seems the only way some people will start thinking about their votes. Stop voting for Santa Claus...

My point exactly! Why do I get the feeling that our "representatives" have absolutely ZERO interest in actually representing us?

On one side, maybe they are being safe so they don't lose votes, on the other maybe they assume they will lose your vote regardless so they just didn't commit. ARG!

At least Merkley said right up front he didn't support the Constitution.

On one side, maybe they are being safe so they don't lose votes, on the other maybe they assume they will lose your vote regardless so they just didn't commit. ARG!

At least Merkley said right up front he didn't support the Constitution.

And that is exactly why he should be tossed out on his a$$ next election, but the drones in Portland and Eugene will re-elect this fool until he want to retire, at which time the next party hack libs will be groomed and ready to take their rightful place in public service. And the circle of life continues.....................

Sorry for the cynical rant, but I have lost hope in the voters to ever do what is best for the state and the country. Too many free hand-me-outs.

I will be working with Rep. Richardson during the coming months to present a balanced, common sense approach to school safety. I, like Rep. Richardson believe every Oregon school has employees who are ex-police and ex-military that already have some training and would volunteer for regular/continued training to be a school protector. Or, possibly retired police officers that would like to do some volunteer work or work part time for a small amount of money to patrol a school. We believe these are possible options for consideration. Additionally, we realize that we need to consider other factors like mental health, and access to weapons by mentally unstable people.

I recently talked to the chief law enforcement officer in one community that is developing a plan with business people and employees within a two block area of the local school to be trained and act as school protectors. We can figure out how to keep our kids safer at school, and do it safely and cost effectively without banning guns and stripping law abiding citizens of their Constitutional rights.

The Clackamas Town Center incident shows the power of one trained citizen with a CHL. Certainly, any plan needs to be well thought out but I believe we can develop a plan that allows local school districts and communities to keep their kids safe without the foolish thinking of disarming citizens.

Sincerely,

Rep. John Huffman

House Dist. 59

Happy New Year Sir, and thank you for taking the time to write Rep. Roblan such a thoughtful email in response to the recent massacre of 26 people in a Connecticut school. I will print a copy for Rep. Roblan's review.

I want to assure you that Rep. Roblan will take on issues related to "failure and futility of "gun free zones,"" trained, armed, adult school employees and other relevant topics during the next legislative session. These include, but are not limited to – increased access mental health, improved school safety and the protection of our most vulnerable Oregonians –children.

In recent days, the facts have revealed that the Connecticut shooter was not a person who fell under a "policy which allowed a criminal to be armed in a grade school." To be sure, Authorities noted that the shooter had no prior a criminal record.

Nevertheless, Senate-elect Roblan will be part of a in depth conversation with Parents, teachers, administrators and community leaders in his district to find that nexus where we can all work together to find sensible solutions to keep our communities safe.

Rosie Shatkin

Legislative Assistant

Co-Speaker Arnie Roblan

Representative House District 9

Sign-up for Newsletter

Office: (503) 986-1409

Dear Sir,

I have talked with Rep Richardson and I believe there will be a very in-depth discussion in the coming months about his idea and that of many others. I do believe we need to have the debate but not now. Right now we need to focus on supporting those that have lost loved ones in both the Clackamas Town Center and in Newtown CT. We need to pray and make sure we are telling those around us how much we love them. We need to mourn and let some time go by before we start to figure out what is best to do moving forward. Make no mistake I very much support the second amendment and I always will! We just need to allow time for cooler and less emotional heads to prevail before we start this very difficult public process.

Thank you for your e-mail and as always I very much value your input.

Tim Freeman
State Representative, House District 2

Thank you for your email.

The recent tragedies at Sandy Hook Elementary and Clackamas Town Center were heart breaking. Right now, we all grieve this loss, and send our thoughts and prayers to the families of those affected by these events. Tragedies like this cannot continue.

Whether it was the massacre in Newtown or the shooting right here at home at the Clackamas Town Center, we cannot allow these senseless acts of violence to continue. A number of proposals have been introduced in the legislature so far, including a funding mechanism for improved school security infrastructure, arming school personnel, and regulating high volume ammunition magazines. Additionally, there are pushes for increased funding for and access to mental health care.

We need to have a serious conversation about how we prevent incidents like this in the future. Increased access to mental health care, improved school safety, and common sense gun regulations will all be a piece of this conversation. However this conversation unfolds, we need to work together to find sensible solutions to keep our communities safe.

Sincerely,

Rep. Tina

Thanks for taking the time to write Rep. Hanna with your concerns over school safety. I'll make sure that he is aware of your thoughts on this matter and of your support for Rep. Richardson's policy ideas.

Best,

Ruth Miles, Legislative Assistant

State Representative Bruce Hanna, 7th District

900 Court St. NE

Salem, OR 97301

[email protected]

<broken link removed>

In reference to Rep. Walden and Merkley. I have dealt with both of them and their letters are indicative of who they are. Walden is salt of the earth and really cares. Truly a great man. The whole country is lucky to have him in congress. Merkley is a snake in the grass who would lie to his own mother. He says he is a country veterinarian but is just a man living off of his father's money. A real country vet. would understand and support the constitution. When Scott Bruun ran against Merkley 2+ years ago, it was our best chance. But now he is starting to get entrenched and Clackamas Co. is getting more liberal as it gets more Portland Creep(ie).

Dear M,

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts about events that have recently occurred in Oregon and Connecticut. I have heard from many Oregonians who have shared their thoughts and prayers as we process, both individually and as a nation, what happened and try to heal.

I am deeply saddened by these senseless shootings and the loss of innocent lives. As a parent, I was horrified to learn of these heartbreaking events, and I am at a loss to make sense of it all. Mary and I are holding in our thoughts and prayers the victims, their loved ones, the communities, and all who have been affected by these terrible acts of violence.

The tragedy in Newtown affirms that, as a country, we must no longer accept complacency or the unwillingness to discuss gun violence. Massacres like this have occurred all too often across this country. They raise questions that need thorough examination, including the types of weapons and ammunition, the securing of weapons in the home, the application of background checks, and the accessibility of treatment for mental illness.

I fully support President Obama's call to action to prevent these tragedies from continuing to happen. Furthermore, I plan to work with my colleagues in Congress and engage in productive dialogue to answer the question of what strategies can effectively address the epidemic of gun violence.

Please know that I will keep your views and the memory of the lives lost due to gun violence in mind during these discussions.

Thank you for participating in this national dialogue. I hope you will continue to send your thoughts and observations my way.

All my best,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
United States Senator

While he didn't really have my vote, he definitely has lost it at this point.

The problem here is that he has obviously bought into the concept that guns are violent and not tools of people that are violent.

And that is exactly why he should be tossed out on his a$$ next election, but the drones in Portland and Eugene will re-elect this fool until he want to retire, at which time the next party hack libs will be groomed and ready to take their rightful place in public service. And the circle of life continues.....................

Sorry for the cynical rant, but I have lost hope in the voters to ever do what is best for the state and the country. Too many free hand-me-outs.

this is exactly WHY the in-your-face fight needs to be carried over to the voters. Scream at them. Seek them out in public (easy to find, just look for bumper stickers), insult them, belittle them, force them to hear how stupid and vacuous they are. SPIT IN THEIR FACE

Thank you for your email. Senator Whitsett appreciates your thoughts and comments on the protection of children in our schools. He agrees with your assessment to allow trained adult school employees to have the means to protect the children under their care. I will pass along your message to the Senator. Thank you again for your email and for your concern for the children in Oregon's schools.
Warm Regards,
Judy
w/ Senator Doug Whitsett

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR