JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's supposed to be easy to removed, I think it's just a little new... Fresh out of the box and all.

I had to grease up the take down pins in my AR when I got it.

It's a Speedfeed stock. I have one and love it. Holds 2 rounds in each side. If you add that with a 6 round saddle, you have 10 spare rounds to go to. Not too shabby on a 12 gauge!

It's a Speedfeed stock. I have one and love it. Holds 2 rounds in each side. If you add that with a 6 round saddle, you have 10 spare rounds to go to. Not too shabby on a 12 gauge!

With the effective range of a shotgun the need to have mass quantities of ammo is kinda pointless. The time it take to reload is more than enough time for even the slowest of zombies to take a bite of you.:s0114:

Huh, thanks I guess its just a preference thing. I like the 870 its kinda like a hot rod, you can customise the heck out of it. Any one suggest a good light for it? One with a remote switch..

Damn skippy! I always liken it to cars and women, for us guys. Everyone has their own preferences.

As far as too much ammo goes, there is NO such thing. One of the reasons shotguns have fallen out of favor is due to the inability to have more than say 10 or so readily available rounds. Add a saddle, and a stock and you're better of then just a saddle or even an extended mag tube. Also, for those of us that like them for home defense, a sling is not really needed, but more ammo could be if you get in a fire fight.

In response to effective range, I perceive the effective range of a properly set up shotgun to be out to 150 yards with good Federal slugs. My 00 buck will pattern under 10" at about 45 feet. Pretty damn effective if you ask me! Check out the 3 gun shotguns and some wear bi-pods and optics.

Anyhow, back to the OP, I'm glad you're happy with your 870 and have fun tricking it out. Check out Mesa Tactical's line of products as their stuff is very nice, highly durable and proven in combat.

Will do Mike, also thanks Boss for the Surefire link. I would love any of those but would have a hard time spending the same amount on a flashlight pump as I did the shotgun itself. I do want that style light though.

The side saddle is a great way to store 4 extra rounds of whatever your favorite flavor of lead is. The ammo-sling-bandolier combinations have some real problems. I suggest that you get one (they are cheep enough that it won't break the bank) and try some actual movement with one of those monsters strapped to your firearm. My experience is that they are WAY to heavy with the full load of 15-20 rounds to be carried that way. They swing wildly any time you try to move fast and if you snap the gun into firing position the sling full of double ought and slugs keeps right on coming up and smacks you in the face. The sling gets caught on any handy protruberence and you just haven't lived until you run down a hallway and catch your shotgun sling on a door-knob. It is even worse with a over the shoulder bandolier, I damn near broke my neck trying to do a home clearing drill with one of those on. I have ended up with a mag extension, a side saddle, and a speed feed stock (total of 16 rounds). If I think the end times are here and I might need more than that I have a ammo belt that holds another 20 rounds. It's slow as **** to reload from but it centers the weight around your body and holds it tight to your waist so it's not flopping around, beating you up and catching on things. Thats my 2 cents and no you can't keep the change....
Big Turtle
(Onward through the fog...)

Thanks. I'll have to think about it. See what I can do. If I can get a tactical, more rubbery forend with the rail for the flash light I'll probably do that. This is strictly my HD/Zombie protection shotty.

I have to get a new forend if I want to use the side shot holder for it, the stock forend hits it when pumped back and it won't load a shell so I had to take it off until I get a new forend.

I'm debating a AR style collapsable stock with pistol grip and rail system on top or an over the top folding stock. The first one costs $200 from Command Arms, so I'm not sure...

I have to get a new forend if I want to use the side shot holder for it, the stock forend hits it when pumped back and it won't load a shell so I had to take it off until I get a new forend.

I'm debating a AR style collapsable stock with pistol grip and rail system on top or an over the top folding stock. The first one costs $200 from Command Arms, so I'm not sure...

You'll need one of these forends to allow your pump to work with the side saddle. I have one and it is much easier to load with, especially with the pump in the rearward position. Also, it is much harder for clothing, fingers, etc. to get stuck between the forend and the receiver.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12706&title=LAW%20ENFORCEMENT%20(LE)%20FOREND

You can also add one of these to your 870 and it will accept any receiver extension(buffer tube) from an AR. This will allow a collapsible stock to be utilized. Cheaper then Mesa Tac. I've had both and my current stock is Pre-Ban Bushy set up on a Mesa adapter.
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/productdetail.aspx?p=20632

Here's my 870 Police. I'm just missing the side saddle. Hopefully I'll add one soon. With the collapsible stock all the way closed, the gun is about 35-3/4" in total length. With the LE/Youth butt stock installed, it is roughly 37" long. With a typical Wingmaster stock(pictured without recoil pad), it is about 39" long!
IMG_7452.jpg
IMG_7454.jpg
IMG_7459.jpg

Hope this helps! Mike

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show