JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently have a serialized P80(G19) and a P320 xcompact. I was thinking of getting a real Glock 19 but I'm not sure it's worth the $600ish bucks. If I were to do that I would want to sell the P80 but I've never sold a gun, since mz114 is screwing everything up would it even be worth the time to sell the gun or should I even buy a G19 if I have two very similar guns? TIA.

I'd say the G19 is better than a P80. Personally I would just stash the P80 in the safe and go out and buy a G19 (or even better a G45). You can find them in the classifieds for 500-550ish which is stupid for a used gun. Just go buy a new one.

If you are veteran or first responder than you could use the blue label program and get a G19 Gen 5 for $399.00 or a G19 MOS for $475.00.

You can buy 2 Glocks on the program each calendar year.

My suggestion would be to simply buy the gun you want. As far as selling P80, there are going to be a limited number of people who would buy it, put it up for sale and see what happens, you only need one person to decide to purchase it.

That's a good point, I think I'll hold onto it, another gun is never a bad idea. I'm not eligible for the blue program, I'm just a normal civilian. I do have my CHL so I've got that going for me. Is the Glock 45 better than the 19?

I currently have a serialized P80(G19) and a P320 xcompact. I was thinking of getting a real Glock 19 but I'm not sure it's worth the $600ish bucks. If I were to do that I would want to sell the P80 but I've never sold a gun, since mz114 is screwing everything up would it even be worth the time to sell the gun or should I even buy a G19 if I have two very similar guns? TIA.
If it were me I would get a gen 3 new for 539 at gun zone deals or maybe cheaper at the usual suspects like Kentucky gun co. Or if desired pay more for newer or different version (fe threaded barrel with suppressor sights or whatever). I would have it shipped to Tigard pawn for more who does 5 day transfer if you are not an instant approval.

I would sell the p80 on here and meet at Tigard pawn for more for the 5 day thing and also try to find buyer who always gets instant approvals.

Hard to say if Glock is worth it to you or not as that's personal preference. If it were me I would not by used and I would not buy one that is modified from original. Also I would think about will I add a red dot to it in the future or not as that may influence what model/version you get. 2 cents, feel free to ignore.

I noticed this one for $499 fwiw

Last Edited:
Another thing to think about is possibility of OR copying Washington in banning stuff. Some of the fun things may be tough to get next year who knows.

Glock with b&t chassis Fe may or may not be possible on future. Again who knows. G34 or 17L or even 17 might be fun in one of these. PCCs semi auto rifles etc may also be possible now but not in near future. Just a possibility to ponder, not saying it is a certainty by any means.

94617957-0244-4E3E-93CC-395F3A2C40EA.jpeg
0DFC5A4D-2007-4636-A742-9A93FBD515F9.jpeg

Last Edited:
If it were me I would get a gen 3 new for 539 at gun zone deals or maybe cheaper at the usual suspects like Kentucky gun co. Or if desired pay more for newer or different version (fe threaded barrel with suppressor sights or whatever). I would have it shipped to Tigard pawn for more who does 5 day transfer if you are not an instant approval.

I would sell the p80 on here and meet at Tigard pawn for more for the 5 day thing and also try to find buyer who always gets instant approvals.

Hard to say if Glock is worth it to you or not as that's personal preference. If it were me I would not by used and I would not buy one that is modified from original. Also I would think about will I add a red dot to it in the future or not as that may influence what model/version you get. 2 cents, feel free to ignore.

I noticed this one for $499 fwiw
That's a good point. I might stop by Tigard pawn just to see what they have, there's a Gen 5 for $579 and I could pick that up. I do plan on putting a red dot on it but I'd just buy a aftermarket slide for that so I can keep the OEM slide in tact.

Buy the Glock if that is what you want, If you will not shoot the P80 then offload it.
I don't keep guns I'm not going to shoot. Why would I?

That's a good point, I think I'll hold onto it, another gun is never a bad idea. I'm not eligible for the blue program, I'm just a normal civilian. I do have my CHL so I've got that going for me. Is the Glock 45 better than the 19?
I think the G45 is the best model Glock has produced. But it's all personal preference. For example I hate the Glock 19 and the Glock 26.

Could always get a recover tactical P80/Glock chassis for that P80 and have a "braced pistol" unless that's super mega illegal now and then simply go and get that Glock

Why get the sugar free version of a gun when you can get real deal coke in a bottle? You wanted a real deal G19 but bought a clone. Now you're thinking about buying the right one anyway so this route is going to cost you more than if you just bought the genuine article from the start.

I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 Glock brand Glocks and two P80s, both of which are not on the same level. The real McCoy does not disappoint.

Don't buy a gen 3 unless you have to. They're really not that much cheaper than a 4 or 5 but lack a couple nice to have features and have objectively worse grips. I can get almost any gen 3 for about $500 at my local FFL and a gen 5 for $550. Obviously long slides/large frame/optics cuts cost more but not dramatically. A G19 mos gen 5 shouldn't cost you more than $580 otd, probably less and if you're paying more than that you're being spread and poked.

Buy A Glock, hit the range and be happy

Why get the sugar free version of a gun when you can get real deal coke in a bottle? You wanted a real deal G19 but bought a clone. Now you're thinking about buying the right one anyway so this route is going to cost you more than if you just bought the genuine article from the start.

I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 Glock brand Glocks and two P80s, both of which are not on the same level. The real McCoy does not disappoint.

Don't buy a gen 3 unless you have to. They're really not that much cheaper than a 4 or 5 but lack a couple nice to have features and have objectively worse grips. I can get almost any gen 3 for about $500 at my local FFL and a gen 5 for $550. Obviously long slides/large frame/optics cuts cost more but not dramatically. A G19 mos gen 5 shouldn't cost you more than $580 otd, probably less and if you're paying more than that you're being spread and poked.

Buy A Glock, hit the range and be happy
I liked the gen3 trigger more than the gen5.

I liked the gen3 trigger more than the gen5.
Interesting. I wonder why? My gen 3s are 17L, 35, 22C and 19. Obviously 3 of those are competition style and fine with lighter, crisper triggers than usual do I can agree with you too a point. However, my gen 5 series of pistols (34, 21, 19, 45) all feel better than my gen 4s. In fact my gen 4 G41 has arguably the worst trigger of all including my 43 and 48. I can't say I have a trigger generation preference as they're pretty similar across the board

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top