JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. I wonder why? My gen 3s are 17L, 35, 22C and 19. Obviously 3 of those are competition style and fine with lighter, crisper triggers than usual do I can agree with you too a point. However, my gen 5 series of pistols (34, 21, 19, 45) all feel better than my gen 4s. In fact my gen 4 G41 has arguably the worst trigger of all including my 43 and 48. I can't say I have a trigger generation preference as they're pretty similar across the board
My gen3, which was similar in age to the gen5, had a slightly crisper break. Not by much though.

You could just buy a G19 frame and slap your G19 slide on it. Boom! Stash the p80 frame. You can try and sell it, but it'll have to be serialized and unless you're selling it for next to nothing, there aren't many people that will be willing to buy someone elses handiwork. The greater the risk, the less people are willing to pay.

That's a good point, I think I'll hold onto it, another gun is never a bad idea. I'm not eligible for the blue program, I'm just a normal civilian. I do have my CHL so I've got that going for me. Is the Glock 45 better than the 19?
If you have a little free time you could likely qualify for the Blue Label program. :s0043:
And learn new skills at the same time. :s0062:

Why get the sugar free version of a gun when you can get real deal coke in a bottle? You wanted a real deal G19 but bought a clone. Now you're thinking about buying the right one anyway so this route is going to cost you more than if you just bought the genuine article from the start.

I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 Glock brand Glocks and two P80s, both of which are not on the same level. The real McCoy does not disappoint.

Don't buy a gen 3 unless you have to. They're really not that much cheaper than a 4 or 5 but lack a couple nice to have features and have objectively worse grips. I can get almost any gen 3 for about $500 at my local FFL and a gen 5 for $550. Obviously long slides/large frame/optics cuts cost more but not dramatically. A G19 mos gen 5 shouldn't cost you more than $580 otd, probably less and if you're paying more than that you're being spread and poked.

Buy A Glock, hit the range and be happy
I'm starting to understand that now. I'll probably stop by either J&B or Tigard pawn to check inventory. Unfortunately they might not have a MOS version of the gun. Gen 5 slides look hard to come by. Would it be better to ask them to order it, or just buy a gen 5 and wait for a rmr slide?

I'm starting to understand that now. I'll probably stop by either J&B or Tigard pawn to check inventory. Unfortunately they might not have a MOS version of the gun. Gen 5 slides look hard to come by. Would it be better to ask them to order it, or just buy a gen 5 and wait for a rmr slide?
Wherever you end up buying from, make sure they provide the three day release.

If you are going to buy... I say buy exactly what you want. There is still plenty of time before any 114 trial so shop around and have it shipped into a 3-day release FFL. Providing you meet their criteria for a 3day that is. If not, you can just take your chances and cross your fingers. Near instant checks are still happening.

You can always get the slide milled later if you have to. I know Neal at gun pro in Springfield regularly has gen 5 Glock 19s, often an MOS model in stock. He always has the phone ringing for OSP and often gets bgcs done same day because of it however he does not do the 3 day release.

Another option is tick licker in keizer/Salem area. They might have one in stock and they do the 3 day. A little more expensive there.

Buy the gun you actually want this time and don't settle

Found a g19 mos for $629. I think that should work. It's a a 3 day ffl. I'll start to be more cautious when buying guns from now on so I don't have a bunch of the same thing. I get the saying now "buy once, cry once"

I don't think Tigard pawn for more has any new guns in stock, they only stock used guns I think except for new lowers. You could call J&B to see if they have what you want in stock.

If it were me I would find the exact model online from any store like gunzone deals, sportsman's outdoors superstore, Kentucky gun co, sportsman's guide, Omaha outdoors, gunprime (likely the cheapest), or many others then have it shipped to Tigard pawn for more.

That would be about 3 day shipping plus 5 day max wait = 8 days until you get gun (unless you are instant approval). Say 10 days max to be safe.

Call Tigard pawn for more to let them know it's coming. If you order online check to see if they already have your ffl's license that way they can ship immediately. Pawn 4 more will likely be on most of the big retailer's list of ffls for whom they already have license on file, but check anyway would be my suggestion. that way you don't have to call pawn 4 more and tel them to send their ffl license because the online place already has it on file.

Last Edited:
Never sell….

Only buy.

10983a3.png

Thanks for your help everyone I bought a Gen 5 Glock 19 mos at J&B firearms. That have to be the nicest dudes I've ever met. I also picked up another lower in case I want to build a different style of AR one day. My next steps are warbelt, WML for AR and possibly the Glock. Med pouch and I have to figure what size plates my short frame (5'4) can accommodate, then what carrier. I also need a new gun safe one day but can save for that. Everyone on this forum have been very nice and helpful too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top