JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awhile back, i watched a Doc on Nanjing.. talk about one of the most disturbing things I have watched. You listen to the people that witnessed it, its not surprising that the Chinese still hate the Japanese..

Followed that up with a doc on Hiroshima wich was pretty terrible as well.. then Schindler List was the cherry on top , of a very depressing day of TV :oops:
Got a name or place to view it? Maybe a IMDb link?

You, my friend, are into some deep material
Yeah, it's called crap!

a392bf51-f5cb-48f9-9471-45e41ad3a387.jpg
I probably already posted it but maybe missed it browsing through again but Azorian rising of the k-129 was awesome. Some next level old school enginerding.

Last Edited:
Got a name or place to view it? Maybe a IMDb link?
may have been this?

I remember it used a voice actor reading the letters of some of the people that were there..

the most interesting part to me was that a German man was there on Business and i guess a Nazi party member was one of the key people who helped the Chinese people there.

Popo Medic on YouTube has excellent documentary style shooting break downs. He covers topics such as LA Riots - Roof Koreans, Army Rangers vs. Crips and so on.

Just stumbled on this, haven't seen any episodes yet

Honoring service members whose courage merited the awarding of a Medal of Honor, this docudrama series re-creates their inspiring true stories.

On Netflix

We have been enjoying all the Drachnifil and Dark Sky's Documentaries on YouTube, just finished all the Battle Ships and working through the rest of their series as we find them! Very well done, if a little confusing due to showing the wrong ships in the videos, but it's cool history anyway!

if a little confusing due to showing the wrong ships in the videos,
So many content producers do not bother to use time and place appropriate videos. I hate it when documentaries about winter warfare on the eastern front, for example, include videos of Panzer 1 and 2s raising clouds of dust in the North African desert. Any WW2 combat film will do, I guess.

So many content producers do not bother to use time and place appropriate videos. I hate it when documentaries about winter warfare on the eastern front, for example, include videos of Panzer 1 and 2s raising clouds of dust in the North African desert. Any WW2 combat film will do, I guess.
It went from "don't believe everything you hear or read"
To "don't believe everything you hear/see"
To now: "how can I believe anything I hear or see?"
Sad. Yeah, That drives me kinda crazy too. I think I'd rather read text or something than random out of context content.

So many content producers do not bother to use time and place appropriate videos. I hate it when a documentaries about winter warfare on the eastern front, for example, include videos of Panzer 1 and 2s raising clouds of dust in the North African desert. Any WW2 combat film will do, I guess.
I'm a YUGE stickler for details, if your doing a series on the USS California and you show more video or photos of the USS Colorado or USS New Mexico, it's really annoying, knowing there are some very major differences between them, enough to be able to tell which ship they are showing is wrong! Maybe I'm just over reacting, but damn, details do matter!

We have been enjoying all the Drachnifil and Dark Sky's Documentaries on YouTube, just finished all the Battle Ships and working through the rest of their series as we find them! Very well done, if a little confusing due to showing the wrong ships in the videos, but it's cool history anyway!
Sounds good, I need to check this out. Not that I know a lot, but I really enjoy ww1 and ww2 naval history.

But its ALL snow when its black and white right? ;)

If you heard music on the radio in the 1960s, you heard The Wrecking Crew. A large group of the best professional musicians around working in a Los Angeles recording studio, providing the soundtracks for thousands of top-selling hits. Big, big, big acts, too.

One of my favorite anecdotes was how some popular bands went on tour playing mega-hits from their gold/platinum albums, featuring slick solos that their own guitarists couldn't handle. All thanks to the likes of recording aces behind the scenes like Glen Campbell (before he broke out on his own) and Tommy Tedesco (a musical genius).

Another good one? That signature bass line in Good Vibrations was played by a gal named Carol, who made more money than the POTUS that year.

All true, and all fascinating if you love popular music.

I just finished Ken Burns the Vietnam War and although It wasn't action packed riveted it was incredibly informative and well worth the watch and I plan on getting his other war series's

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top