JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do enjoy watching documentaries, talks on history topics at universities, museums, etc. Just thought I'd toss it out there for discussion; any recommendations on documentaries available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Daily Motion or YouTube?

Thanks!

"Rebuilding Paradise" Ron Howard film for National Geographic. Premier screening for former
residents.
IMG_2749.jpg

I figured there would be some fellow documentary lovers on here, i was going to start my own thread but figured id revive this one now that i found it :)

"Chernobyl" docu-drama about the disaster @ the Chernobyl nuke.

As bad as it was/is, it could have been and almost was worse by orders of magnitude.
This was a good one being before my time i found it fascinating and well made.

Azorian Rise of the k-129 on amazon prime. (Must watch)
In 1968 the Soviet ballistic missile submarine K-129 sank in the Central North Pacific. American intelligence located it within weeks of its demise. The CIA crafted a secret program to raise the submarine in 1974.

is simply mind boggling. To think a project so massive was happening at the same time we were going to the moon. Even if you told people back then, they wouldn't have believed you anyway.
I also find it amusing that on one hand the goverment is prosecuting Howard Hughes for government misappropriation shortly before he turns around and helps them so massively hes literally the ONLY person who could have been a plausible cover for it.

"Whittle: the jet pioneer" on Amazon prime

Uranium twisting the dragons tail on KCTS/PBS/Amazon

thorium 2011 about LFTR reactor's on Amazon Prime is decent if you like nuclear doc's.

Windscale nuclear disaster full movie:

The codebreaker full movie:

Tuxedo park teaser:

The Ascent of money full series:

The poisoners handbook also KCTS/PBS/Amazon

-"Struggle the life and lost art of Stanislav Szukalski" on Netflix. Teaser:

I think this will do for now. For extra credit you can study up on the one below. There WILL be a test ;)

-Battlefield earth!
Its a documentary by the church of Scientology about how earth was actually seeded with whatever it is they beleive in. Its really hard to follow when your laughing so hard. Its pretty much a must watch documentary. Travolta and Barry Peppers finest acting! ;)

seriously check it out, i challenge anyone to find a worse movie in any way, acting/production/SFX/story etc.
Based on Elron Hubbard's best seller which we ALL know is factually accurate.
Ranked #16 worst movie of all time.
Its worth watching just to see that they actually believe in some of this "shtuff"

Last Edited:
Just remembered this one was pretty good. WWI documentary.

I also liked expelled no intelligence allowed with Ben Stein, it makes you realize ALL of "this" (discrimination) was happening decades ago if you were paying attention. I recently had to buy it on dvd it was the only place i could find it.

Also "safe spaces" and "can america take a joke?"

I watched the documentary of the Challenger shuttle incident on Netflix and "Speed and Angels" on Prime. Both were good. The first was obviously about the events leading up to, and contributing to, the failed launch of the Challenger. The second was about two of the last Navy pilots to get selected to fly the F14 before it was retired.

If you look on You Tube...they have a older series from the 1950's and 60's called : The Big Picture.
It is a series about US Army schools and service areas....the one Ranger School is very good.
( Much was the same when I went through Ranger School in 1988 )
Andy

"Rickover: the birth of nuclear power"
On Amazon is pretty good.
Im always kinda drawn to the flamboyant genius underdogs. This one definetely has his moments. :)
Its about the guy who designed the first nuclear subs about 30 years before anyone thought it was possible. He also built them for something like half the cost the naval shipyard quoted him because they refused to help so he turned to private shipyards. Pretty funny/sad.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads