JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Any possible way we could get people into helping clean up the gravel pit in Estacada? I know they closed off the road so people couldnt drive up there and dump trash but it isnt being taken care of and there is talk of it being closed. I have a dump trailer I can get my hands on and if I could get enough help I think it would be worth it. I just dont know how to get a hold of anyone to see if they would let us clean it up and unlock the gate for us.

Any possible way we could get people into helping clean up the gravel pit in Estacada? I know they closed off the road so people couldnt drive up there and dump trash but it isnt being taken care of and there is talk of it being closed. I have a dump trailer I can get my hands on and if I could get enough help I think it would be worth it. I just dont know how to get a hold of anyone to see if they would let us clean it up and unlock the gate for us.

Sure can! Can you provide more info on specific location? :s0155:

Great to meet you 1970! Here a pic, I'll post a bunch more later;

4610280930_ec884afd24_b.jpg

It wasn't an organized cleanup, but after shooting me and my buddy I went with hauled 2 bags out of one of the shooting areas at wolf creek. It now no longer looks like the ground is growing shotgun shells. Would have taken more but didn't have anymore bags.

I plan on doing this everytime I go up. He was a first time shooter so I explained to him that if it starts looking like a garbage dump it's possible they'll block it off and we won't be able to come out here anymore. He got the idea and picked up his fair share and then some until our bags were about to burst. Best thing we can do is pass on good habits to new shooters.

Also I liked the sign someone put up,
"Fellow shooters, this isn't a garbage dump. Please pick up after yourselves and if you can some of the other guy's" Someone wrote after them, "This is so true."

I got a feeling it was one of you guys.

Washington larch is getting bad... everytime I go up there (almost every weekend), it seems to get worse and worse. Propane tanks, garbage, burned beds, tree stumps (some left over from fire pits), bottles, cans, casings, targets and clay traps everywhere... If anyone is interested in a clean up over here in washougal Iwould love to help out.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads