JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows of any good long distance (400 to 1000) yard shooting spots anywhere near SW Washington. My buddy and I are both looking to stretch our precision rifles out some-- preferably an hour or two from Vancouver. I've gone through the forum here but most of the relevant posts are a year or more old. We're both responsible shooters and pick up after ourselves. I'd assume all the good spots are hidden secrets and not posted on the public forum. If thats so, please PM me if youre willing to share the location, I'd be grateful 🙏

Also, any recommended ranges? I know of Rattlesnake range but I've read that the 1000 yard range is closed to the public. Is the Corvallis Elks club still up?

P.S. I'd prefer to stay away from Larch.

Thanks all

Good luck getting anyone to tell you their spots! People are very protective especially of longer ranger areas they shoot. Once the general public knows, the places usually go to bubblegum or turn a little suspect (like North Fork, where the brass hunters and crazy bubblegumers there), trashed, and so forth.

Douglas ridge in Estacada is a private range with a 1000 yd option (a few days a month), that you might look into

Otherwise, Google earth, and scouting are your best bets!

Good luck getting anyone to tell you their spots! People are very protective especially of longer ranger areas they shoot. Once the general public knows, the places usually go to bubblegum or turn a little suspect (like North Fork, where the brass hunters and crazy bubblegumers there), trashed, and so forth.

Douglas ridge in Estacada is a private range with a 1000 yd option (a few days a month), that you might look into

Otherwise, Google earth, and scouting are your best bets!

Bummer. Alright đź‘Ť

The only two I know of where in Eastern WA, one near Benton City and the other outside of Spokane but that one Rock Lake Rifle Range and its private members only but...1695 yard range. Using Google Earth you can check distances too which help to decide where is best. I have mine and I can shoot up to 2000 yards there.

As @rscanady said Douglas Ridge is within two hours. Every Thursday is long range day up to 1000. Must be either a member or guest of a member. Long-range orientation is required. Might be other guest restrictions. TCGC in Sherwood OR has facilities up tp 600. Paul Bunyon near Puyallup, WA can host up to 600.

Thanks for the info. I know about Douglas ridge-- its just a bummer about the Thursday only thing. I've been checking maps.

Portland has several streets that are at least a couple thousand yards long and straight. Portland voters seem to vote for it. You know, the "Keep Portland Weird", and sanctuary city, and legalize all street drugs thing... :oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top