JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 2 boxes I have now, I did some trading and had a fellow who worked for a roofing company coat them. When I lived in Alaska, we used stuff we called "Mastic". It came in a blue 5 gal bucket and was put on with a squeegee. I don't know who made it but it could even be put on a wet area and would seal it.

re: welding together shipping containers. This is hearsay, but i heard this from an aquaintance who worked as an inspector up there. A few years back, some dude outside battleground wa, blew himself up while welding in/on his buried conex bunker - supposedly he had already moved his propane tanks down into the structure . . . who knows.

Back to your question, what about adding a basement? What kind of soil do you have under your house?

Pro: Very good concealability/defense; Adds value to house if that matters to you or your wife
Cons: Labor intensive; May technically require permits/inspections; Lacks the redneck cred of a shipping container

just had another thought: bury a container next to the house and pour a reinforced slab "patio" over it. Also, "blast" proof is not really descriptive. What scale of blast are you hoping to withstand? The best proof against blast is to avoid detection in the first place . . . not to be a downer but withstanding sustained or military grade blasts is probably outside your means.

Your wife sounds awesome! Is she any good at field fortifications?

She is awesome - don't know about field fortifications but she is big on building a greenhouse and chicken coop. When the funds become available the conex will go away and I'll finally build my 6+ car garage/shop. It will free up the attached garage and I can grind/weld/mill stuff any time of day or night without waking the house. ;) Now if only she would learn to cook better than me...

She is awesome - don't know about field fortifications but she is big on building a greenhouse and chicken coop. When the funds become available the conex will go away and I'll finally build my 6+ car garage/shop. It will free up the attached garage and I can grind/weld/mill stuff any time of day or night without waking the house. ;)

Now if only she would learn to cook better than me...

if she does you will just get fat

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads