JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, if he lets his mom do that to him, there is hope for him. Everyone makes mistakes and when they take a correction like that you know they have something inside like love and respect. It is a start.

Just opinion but that love and respect is schooled out of them by the system. By the time a black kid gets through the system they have learned to hate America and disrespect their parents. The only hope for any kid is to get them out of the liberal schools and get them into learning.

Thanks Joe Link for deleting that comment a few posts up! The other side is always trying to paint us as Racist Bigots and comments like that make us all look bad!

I think most of us here feel the recent problems in Black neighborhoods are rooted in History, and perpetuated by Politicians who exploit that History, and Police misconduct, for money, power and votes! They could care less about raising young Black men up out of this environment and victim mindset!

What these same Politicians and their operatives really love to exploit are posters like that, who spew racist garbage on sites like NorthwestFirearms! It really fits the other side's narrative, when we really know that guys like that, that cross the line, are a rarity on this forum.

Let's Police ourselves a bit and call out any junk like that here. It doesn't help our cause one bit.

Thanks Joe Link for deleting that comment a few posts up! The other side is always trying to paint us as Racist Bigots and comments like that make us all look bad!

I think most of us here feel the recent problems in Black neighborhoods are rooted in History, and perpetuated by Politicians who exploit that History, and Police misconduct, for money, power and votes! They could care less about raising young Black men up out of this environment and victim mindset!

What these same Politicians and their operatives really love to exploit are posters like that, who spew racist garbage on sites like NorthwestFirearms! It really fits the other side's narrative, when we really know that guys like that, that cross the line, are a rarity on this forum.

Let's Police ourselves a bit and call out any junk like that here. It doesn't help our cause one bit.

You will know a politician is real we they move their families into the neighborhoods, show they are willing to put everything into making it better and sending their kids to the black schools for an education. Think that's going to happen?:D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray "banging against the walls" of the vehicle and believed that he "was intentionally trying to injure himself," according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

---------------------------------------------------------

Batts has said Gray stood on one leg and climbed into the van on his own.

The van driver stopped three times while transporting Gray to a booking center, the first to put him in leg irons. Batts said the officer driving the van described Gray as "irate." The search warrant application says Gray "continued to be combative in the police wagon."

The driver made a second stop, five minutes later, and asked an officer to help check on Gray. At that stop, police have said the van driver found Gray on the floor of the van and put him back on the seat, still without restraints. Police said Gray asked for medical help at that point.

The third stop was to put the other prisoner — a 38-year-old man accused of violating a protective order — into the van. The van was then driven six blocks to the Western District station. Gray was taken from there to a hospital, where he died April 19.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If true sounds like he was looking forward to a settlement.

<broken link removed>

If it's true that he recently had spinal surgery he was several ounces short of a 40.

Edit: CNN has yet another witness in the van with corroboration.

Last Edited:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

BALTIMORE — A prisoner sharing a police transport van with Freddie Gray told investigators that he could hear Gray "banging against the walls" of the vehicle and believed that he "was intentionally trying to injure himself," according to a police document obtained by The Washington Post.

The van driver stopped three times while transporting Gray to a booking center, the first to put him in leg irons. Batts said the officer driving the van described Gray as "irate." The search warrant application says Gray "continued to be combative in the police wagon."

The driver made a second stop, five minutes later, and asked an officer to help check on Gray. At that stop, police have said the van driver found Gray on the floor of the van and put him back on the seat, still without restraints. Police said Gray asked for medical help at that point.

The third stop was to put the other prisoner — a 38-year-old man accused of violating a protective order — into the van. The van was then driven six blocks to the Western District station. Gray was taken from there to a hospital, where he died April 19.

<broken link removed>

If it's true that he recently had spinal surgery he was several ounces short of a 40.

Someone forgot to mention the stop so the cops could do some paperwork as reported on the news. ????? Wonder when or if that happened.

This thing is going to take some distance, some time till the facts come out. Some of what I posted will probably end up being BS.

Isn't that the point though? This 'oppressive police' meme although sometimes true is too good of a story to check to those who need to self-rationalize and to agitators who profit from identity politics.

<broken link removed>

----------------------------------------------------------
There are changes
Lyin` ahead in every road
And there are new thoughts
Ready and waiting to explode
When tomorrow is today
The bells may toll for some
But nothing can change the shape of things to come

- From the movie Wild In The Streets, 1968, later recorded
by Max Frost and the Troopers,
----------------------------------------------------------
I'm one of those who happen to remain a little suspicious of the circumstances surrounding Mr Grays death, and skeptical regarding the excuse for it, which, IMHO, comes a little late to be believable - especially considering it's simplicity.

Upon reading of the manner of his death, I was reminded of Chilean President Salvador Allende who committed suicide at the end of the coup which displaced him. That was the "official" version anyway, supported by the family (then in the hands of the authorities, much as the "witnesses" to Mr Grays death are). Somewhat less officially, it is widely believed that Allende was assassinated, or, at the very least, committed suicide by shooting himself in the back 87 times with a sub-machine gun...

The unofficial version appears to be at least somewhat substantiated by forensic evidence, but I doubt we'll ever know the truth - about Allende or Gray. And now with Gray, as with Allende, we are left to ponder the question; are The Powers That Be so unimaginative that they cannot concoct a more believable story, or is their contempt for us so great that they don't feel the need to?

Ex Gladio Libertas

There is an ongoing joke on the interwebz regarding this;

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

While it carries a lot of truth, it's probably where the root of a lot of the issues are. (I still laugh when I see these types of memes...)

Too soon??

Sheriff Clarke said the other day the thing that makes the most sense to me. Democrats have been using black men for generations. They were slave owners, the opposed the end of slavery, they started the KKK, they supported segregation, they opposed the civil rights act, and in modern day, they keep black people living in poverty. Why? Because they keep them dependent on the government and therefore, voting for democrats. It's a self defeating system. You are reliant on the government to provide for you to survive, but in doing so it makes it nearly impossible for you to be reliant on yourself.

You forgot to mention that the segregationist Democrats joined the Republican Party in mass after the 1965 civil rights acts, at the invitation of Richard Nixon and then, Ronald Reagan. They called it 'the Southern Strategy' and it's how the Party of Lincoln turned into the Party of Strom Thurman.

You forgot to mention that the segregationist Democrats joined the Republican Party in mass after the 1965 civil rights acts, at the invitation of Richard Nixon and then, Ronald Reagan. They called it 'the Southern Strategy' and it's how the Party of Lincoln turned into the Party of Strom Thurman.
Uh , not quite Most of the Gray Hair Blue Dog Democrats remained so (Democrats) even after voting Reagan (After voting for George Wallace in 72 POTUS Primaries, and getting burned by voting Carter in 76 . Look at Robert "Sheets" Byrd (D) until day he died .The Strom Thurmonds & Ronald Reagans (Democrats who switched parties were the exception not the norm.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/04/29/david-simon-on-baltimore-s-anguish

David Simon on Baltimore's current situation.

David Simon is Baltimore's best-known chronicler of life on the hard streets. He worked for The Baltimore Sun city desk for a dozen years, wrote "Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets" (1991) and with former homicide detective Ed Burns co-wrote "THE CORNER: A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF AN INNER-CITY NEIGHBORHOOD"1 (1997), which Simon adapted into an HBO miniseries. He is the creator, executive producer and head writer of the HBO television series "The Wire" (2002–2008). Simon is a member of The Marshall Project's advisory board. He spoke with Bill Keller on Tuesday.

"It used to be our word against yours. It used to be said — correctly — that the patrolman on the beat on any American police force was the last perfect tyranny. Absent a herd of reliable witnesses, there were things he could do to deny you your freedom or kick your bubblegum that were between him, you, and the street. The smartphone with its small, digital camera, is a revolution in civil liberties."

Last Edited:
The south has been overwhelmingly republican from 1965 to this day. Wonder why?
Because when LBJ signed The Civil Rights Act into law, he said:
"This will have the ni**ers votin' democrat for the next hundred years!"

It was wrong then and it's wrong now. But a number of voters and pols they supported were left nowhere to go, except George Wallace. And yes, Wallace was democrat. Until he couldn't get nominated by the dems (much less the 'pubs) in 68, so he ran as an independent.

I once had an old black man in TX tell me that the dems cooked up welfare and the "war on poverty" so that blacks wouldn't have to work.
That meant that white southern democrat's kids/brothers/sisters wouldn't have to work with them or next to them, or be waited on by them in stores and restaurants.
I didn't believe him at the time, but it makes sense to me now, 40 years later.
Because much of it worked out just that way.
I believe that old man was right.

Last Edited:
It is my understanding that police in America kill twice as many white people as black and almost twice as many hispanics. I Looked on the FBI website for the info but it seems that particular information is not listed. So I found out that the only place to get that info is from the CDC website/form:

http://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_us.html

But it is a complicated form and I can't figure it out. Can someone help with obtaining this information? Thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top