JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not very political, and I don't mean this to be political (I apologize in advance if this isn't allowed here), but something is happening here that has me curious.

There's a recall effort in Yamhill county against a commissioner. Nobody seems to really know what she is supposed to have done, other than a lot of mud-slinging, "we don't like her", and her support of the second amendment. It's blown up into a huge thing, with groups yelling and waving signs on the side of the road, and going door to door handing out fliers. Signs and billboards everywhere.

I can't help but feel that I'm missing something, and that this is somehow bigger than little-old Yamhill county. Anyone know what's going on here?

This one?

--or--

There are school board officials ....

Yes, that's the one. The school board one is over, and failed as far as I know. It's gotten pretty heated with an awful lot of money spent on both sides. The Second Amendment Sanctuary seems to be the big issue, which confuses me, since nearly every rural county in the state has one.

in short, 3 things.
this may get pulled, I apologize for that.

the big thing, deep down...... the big thing was a topic that happened well before a current commissioner was elected in. (not on their watch)
said commissioner, by campaign stuff/propaganda favors pro gun. its a yes/no statement question pretty much asked of all candidates across the board.
An Outside funding mechanism that favors opposition is doing/backing/encouraging these activities elsewhere. The school board one as mentioned above is an example of the oppositions methodology and how it is done. Right or wrong the bell was rung, leaving the tone to defend itself.

It goes deeper than I thought it did after speaking with a person who threw his/her name in a hat for an election. in short, family, friends, aging parents, their employers, their kids at/during school have been verbally/misleadingly/harrassingly attacted multiple times and other crazy and costly things.
I am sure this happens in the political arena, but this is local as stated by OP.

fwiw, i'm from the same county as the OP so not a wild arse guess reply.

Yes, that's the one. The school board one is over, and failed as far as I know. It's gotten pretty heated with an awful lot of money spent on both sides. The Second Amendment Sanctuary seems to be the big issue, which confuses me, since nearly every rural county in the state has one.
I live here in Yamhill County and respectfully disagree with the 2nd amendment sanctuary thing being an issue, as no one has even brought that up when I have visited with anyone.

There are a number of beefs with her, including but not limited to:

Outside the county (and even the state) donors

Concentrating her time on state and federal issues rather than that of the county

Heavy handedness to the point of rudeness to other county staffers and officials

Her being a key element of closing the doors on a proposed bike trail resulting on the county being on the hook not to only give back the grant, but losing money on infrastructure work and planning done with county rather than grant funding.

Details relating to the above can be found here:

To the OP, it is another attempt by far left activist's who hate the fact the she is outspoken against the chitstain gov in Salem and has consistently fought for the citizens of yamhill Co!

To the OP, it is another attempt by far left activist's who hate the fact the she is outspoken against the chitstain gov in Salem and has consistently fought for the citizens of yamhill Co!

Actually, the folks that signed the recall petition included a wide range of political beliefs. I believe our local paper posted the percentages of who signed the petition and IIRC there was close to an even split between Ds and Rs and Is.

I looked through one of the big newspaper-like fliers that came in the mail from the Yes campaign, and two of the main complaints that I saw against her were the Second Amendment sanctuary thing, and that she ran a "smear campaign" against their candidate. That and a bunch of smear stuff against her. It was objectively misleading and dishonest.

I don't know her, don't have a strong opinion, maybe she is a big meany. As I drive through town I see all the usual left-wing activist types have their "vote yes" banners out, so I made assumptions about the partisan nature of the issue. It doesn't surprise me that lots of different people signed the petition, as petitioners can say most anything to get people to sign.

I didn't intend to make this too political. I do still suspect that the second amendment thing is a big part of it though. The local leftists snuck their guy in as a "moderate" the last time, and the first thing he did was vote it down. Second Amendment sanctuary laws don't do much other than make a statement, but I like to live in a county that's willing to at least make that statement.

All the accusations and smear stuff don't mean much to me. Anything can be twisted to make someone look terrible. We all choose who we trust and what we believe.

No offense Hop Sing, but I know you lean pretty hard left, so it doesn't surprise me that you would be for the recall. I would expect that we listen to different voices and trust different sources. If fact, to some degree it reinforces my assumptions about it being partisan.

EDIT: again, no offense intended. You seem like a good guy and I didn't intend to impugn your integrity. I'm sure you're just as sincere as I am; we just see things from different perspectives.

Last Edited:
I live here in Yamhill County and respectfully disagree with the 2nd amendment sanctuary thing being an issue, as no one has even brought that up when I have visited with anyone.

There are a number of beefs with her, including but not limited to:

Outside the county (and even the state) donors

Concentrating her time on state and federal issues rather than that of the county

Heavy handedness to the point of rudeness to other county staffers and officials

Her being a key element of closing the doors on a proposed bike trail resulting on the county being on the hook not to only give back the grant, but losing money on infrastructure work and planning done with county rather than grant funding.

Details relating to the above can be found here:
The county never had permits to start the trail. The previous county commissioners voted to give themselves the permission to build a trail without state land use approval. The state land use board shut the project down 5 times. Each time the commissioners at the time voted to move ahead full well knowing it was against the law. Their plan was to run the opposition out of money and forge ahead. After the 5th time at the table LUBA actually gave the opposition back their attorney fees. An unprecedented amount of money and an unheard move to make the county pay the opposition their attorney fees because the counties actions were so frivolous. Lindsey just voted to stop the hemorrhaging of taxpayer money. Casey Kulla, who is a current commissioner that was going to run for governor is butt hurt that he didn't get his way. He is a far left progressive that only thinks people in government should make decisions for the people and that we all should receive a government check each month to get by. He is running for labor commissioner and anyone that owns a business should strongly oppose his run. He is behind these recalls in Yamhill county. His MIL is the county treasurer.

From what I've heard is that the old railroad line that they want to turn into a bike/walking path has a underlying proposal to bring light rail to Yamhill County using that path and that is why she and the other commissioner voted against it.

Interesting info, nvs. That paints a different picture. That's what I remember about Kulla- he ran a stealth campaign as a moderate to get elected.

Moderators- I intended this primarily about the Second Amendment sanctuary issue, but it appears that that's only one of the issues here. I didn't intend for this to go into the weeds of general politics, but perhaps that's unavoidable. I apologize for that.

Actually, this thread is pertinent to firearms because it is educating us about how our opposition operates. We need to keep abreast of what they will do and the type of evasion and misdirection they will bring to bear against gun owners.

The county never had permits to start the trail. The previous county commissioners voted to give themselves the permission to build a trail without state land use approval. The state land use board shut the project down 5 times. Each time the commissioners at the time voted to move ahead full well knowing it was against the law. Their plan was to run the opposition out of money and forge ahead. After the 5th time at the table LUBA actually gave the opposition back their attorney fees. An unprecedented amount of money and an unheard move to make the county pay the opposition their attorney fees because the counties actions were so frivolous. Lindsey just voted to stop the hemorrhaging of taxpayer money. Casey Kulla, who is a current commissioner that was going to run for governor is butt hurt that he didn't get his way. He is a far left progressive that only thinks people in government should make decisions for the people and that we all should receive a government check each month to get by. He is running for labor commissioner and anyone that owns a business should strongly oppose his run. He is behind these recalls in Yamhill county. His MIL is the county treasurer.
Casey kulla is a worthless piece of garbage and an enemy of the citizens of yamhill CO! What a detestable individual!

one thing I was made aware of in regards to the afore mentioned trail....to build it within said county, there is mice type for connecting to the north as far as forest grove. that obligates YC to cave/join into metro, whom is the governing body for the funding(some of it) and rules. I am familiar with how this works as my day job has been involved with such for years. Not ready for this in YC at this time.
...Back to firearms, I had the county Sheriff tell to my face that he will not have his staff enforce the ridiculous laws the state wants to restrict us with, hence his constitutional stance on such matters. Good on him.

So from where I am sitting… I have no skin in the game so to speak. It seems like she took a hard stance on something that someone else's feelings got hurt. It became a witch-hunt like Salem, MA. Then when they react to being trapped and belittled say,"see, see, see, they were aggressive and exactly what we all said they were!" Why? Because it's easier to condemn someone else of something, cost taxpayers money, drag them through the mud, belittle them and make sure they never forget that they don't run anything. Afterwards you get your cancel culture war Nazis to try and continue to wreak havoc on them lest they forget; instead of trying to work through the differences.

Here's something to think about and is an analogy…

Get four friends…
Find a dog…
Throw rocks…
Corral it with rocks…
Once in corner keep throwing rocks…
Get sticks and hit it…
When it bites someone say see that was an aggressive dog and glad they put it down.

Last Edited:
I heard this on Lars Larson a couple days ago. From the horses mouth so to speak.

The kind of behavior she is calling out is the same crap the dems have pulled in this once great city for everyone called Portland. Taxes have to go up to cover all the money wasted buy the dems in power for projects that stifle traffic flow in the city, increase pollution and don't do as planned. Make pedestrians safer. If you want beautiful Yamhill County cities like the pathetic city of potland, Vote for the recall. Allow political signs in schools. Allow crt to be taught in schools and teach 3rd graders that no matter what genitalia they have, they get to choose their sex if they wish.

AKOperator47

"Here's something to think about and is an analogy…

Get four friends…
Find a dog…
Throw rocks…
Corral it with rocks…
Get sticks and hit it…
When it bites someone say see that was an aggressive dog and glad they put it down."

That is exactly what a large part of the .gov has been doing to the American public for quite some time now.

Good analogy.

AKOperator47

"Here's something to think about and is an analogy…

Get four friends…
Find a dog…
Throw rocks…
Corral it with rocks…
Get sticks and hit it…
When it bites someone say see that was an aggressive dog and glad they put it down."

That is exactly what a large part of the .gov has been doing to the American public for quite some time now.

Good analogy.
It's what they are doing in Ukraine but hey if you say it to anyone you immediately are a whacko conspiracy theorist. Obviously people have forgotten that we put Bin Laden in control and also in doing that and eliminating Saddam Iran runs most of the ME

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top