Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Second Amendment friendy or at least not hostile banks in Vancouver

Reactions
I'm shopping for a new bank and am having some difficulty ascertaining which banks give to gun control causes or have restrictive relationships with businesses in firearm related industries.

Who knows of banks in Vancouver (preferably in SE Vancouver) that I should look at?

(The internet is good for some of the major institutions but what about local banks like Umpqua? Calling and asking management has gotten me nowhere.)

OP
Honor
Reactions
Umpqua bank is pro-2a. They did our accounts when we did the recall campaign a while back. They have a branch in Vancouver.
Funny, I literally just got off the phone with them. They called me back after being unable to answer my questions. The manager said they don't get involved in taking political stands on issues.

They are very close by and open on Saturdays too. I may choose them.

Thanks.

I’ve always heard credit unions can be a good option. YMMV

bolus

Reactions
Funny, I literally just got off the phone with them. They called me back after being unable to answer my questions. The manager said they don't get involved in taking political stands on issues.

They are very close by and open on Saturdays too. I may choose them.

Thanks.
when I was there I specifically asked about it because I did not want to run our accounts in a bank hostile to our issue and the manager said they allow open carry in the bank. They probably have an official neutral stance (and I wouldnt try open carrying into a bank anyway) but that was nice to hear.

Lilhigbee

Reactions
Good to hear about Umpqua. I've been a customer since before it was Umpqua, before it was Sterling, and before it was First Independent. While they have never been competitive on home loans, they have never made an error on an account of mine. Never in 30+ years.

OP
Honor
Reactions

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet