JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is an idea if you would like to help out your favorite FFL but they are not doing no response releases. If your FFL has a firearm you would like to buy but you don't want to get stuck in 38,000 deep queue, ask them to drop it off or ship it to nearby FFL who has implemented the three day rule. They still get the sale and the other FFL makes a little on the transfer fee. It will cost you a little more but you won't be spending weeks or months worried about how slow the queue is moving.

Edit: I did this recently by agreeing to purchase a handgun from a WA FFL if he would bring it to my FFL in Tigard. He obliged and got the sale, Tigard FFL got a transfer fee and I got my handgun in a few days with little concern about 38k deep queue. It was a win, win, win situation.

Last Edited:
FFLs might want to consider offering this option to customers who appear reluctant to buy because they are worried they won't get their firearm by Christmas or Spring Break. It's going to be a more common concern with buyers since CHL holders are being piled in with the rest of buyers.

Why would they? Nothing is final yet.
I have heard that many shops have quit doing transfers, that they are reluctant to bring in new inventory, customers are holding off on purchases at shops not doing three day rule releases, supposedly they only make a few percent on firearms they sell, etc.

I expect to see a lot more of this, but no surprise 26 months later and both Mark (Cannon Beach Guns) and Jeff (North Coast Shooters Supply) have closed up shop

I know with me if they don't implement the 3 day rule or call in the checks I just don't buy anything because I dont want a gun held up when I'm not getting the permit as I plan to move this summer. To the shops calling them in risks nothing and the 3 day rule seems fine too. My regular ffls are doing one of those rules so it's mainly ones I don't go to much that don't. So I have no reason to waste money there putting it cold/blunt. The ones that do I spent money in accessorys and mags too usually. Though the transfers I think it's kinda crap they won't just charge more and call it or 3 day rule, especially for regular customers. I almost had issues getting a rare gun because of many ffls (including regulars I go to) being lame about transfers. The ffl that did it I bought over 300$ in mags from that would have gone to my regular ffl if they would have implemented it instead. So I'm mixed tho if they offered to send it to another shop in town I would have bought a glock when visiting Salem a week ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top