JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to the weapons permits, Stawicki bought a Para Ordinance .45-caliber handgun from a Bothell gun shop in August 2008, just one month after the case involving his girlfriend was dismissed. He previously bought two .45-caliber handguns and three 9 mm handguns. It is unclear whether any of those weapons were used in Wednesday's massacre, one of the worst spasms of violence in Seattle's recent history.

No permits are required in WA to buy a weapon, nor are weapons tied to you Concealed Handgun Permit. Wonder where the "news"paper came up with that?

I doesn't matter how soon after a charge is dropped either, could be the next hour and still be legal. Nor does it matter how many weapons anyone owns, unless you're the lamestream media and wanting to stir things up!

Are you really foolish enough to believe anything the government tells you? Hey look we are going to all this trouble to create a record that we are not going to keep.Now if you believed that i got this bridge i don't need anymore and it is a great deal.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you!"

The comments posted on the seattle times article are so mis-informed. Makes me want to puke when I read all of that garbage.

Registration?

Last Edited:
There is a pistol registry of sorts here in Washington. Anytime you do a transfer of a handgun with a licensed dealer, you fill out that form and it is mailed to Olympia. Sooooo, that's how they found Stawicki's gun buying history, or at least part of it.

Last year, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives conducted 3,323 gun traces for law enforcement agencies in Washington State, according to ATF data released Thursday.

;)

<broken link removed>

There is a pistol registry of sorts here in Washington. Anytime you do a transfer of a handgun with a licensed dealer, you fill out that form and it is mailed to Olympia. Sooooo, that's how they found Stawicki's gun buying history, or at least part of it.

Any time a handgun is transfered by an FFL a required WA state form is filled out. I contains your name, address and the handguns serial number, etc. It is a three part form. One copy goes to the local PD where you live, one goes to the state and one is kept by the FFL. Don't kid yourself, WA has a handgun registration program.

Last year, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives conducted 3,323 gun traces for law enforcement agencies in Washington State, according to ATF data released Thursday.

;)

<broken link removed>

Thanks Dave, I was unaware of that :(. I figured it was too good to be true in WA, i'm sure I've heard of this backdoor registration before...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top