Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle shooter - how did they know what he owned/purchased?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ATCclears, May 31, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

Are you really foolish enough to believe anything the government tells you? Hey look we are going to all this trouble to create a record that we are not going to keep.Now if you believed that i got this bridge i don't need anymore and it is a great deal.

3. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

An FFL has to keep his records for twenty years before disposing of them. The police run the number to the manufacture, manufacture is required to ID the FFL it went to, FFL ID's who it was sold to. Same with used and C&R firearms.

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

No permits are required in WA to buy a weapon, nor are weapons tied to you Concealed Handgun Permit. Wonder where the "news"paper came up with that?

I doesn't matter how soon after a charge is dropped either, could be the next hour and still be legal. Nor does it matter how many weapons anyone owns, unless you're the lamestream media and wanting to stir things up!

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you!"

6. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

The comments posted on the seattle times article are so mis-informed. Makes me want to puke when I read all of that garbage.

Registration?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  7. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is a pistol registry of sorts here in Washington. Anytime you do a transfer of a handgun with a licensed dealer, you fill out that form and it is mailed to Olympia. Sooooo, that's how they found Stawicki's gun buying history, or at least part of it.

Last year, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives conducted 3,323 gun traces for law enforcement agencies in Washington State, according to ATF data released Thursday.

;)

ATF 2011 gun trace data released; Stawicki

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  8. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

Any time a handgun is transfered by an FFL a required WA state form is filled out. I contains your name, address and the handguns serial number, etc. It is a three part form. One copy goes to the local PD where you live, one goes to the state and one is kept by the FFL. Don't kid yourself, WA has a handgun registration program.

9. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

Thanks Dave, I was unaware of that :(. I figured it was too good to be true in WA, i'm sure I've heard of this backdoor registration before...

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.