JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have anyone think of what happen if this wasn't capture on the video? Who can the guy got stomp on by the police will make a report to? If he go home and fallen down knock his head on the concrete and die, who will be responsible? Hmmmm watching this video and I am glad that there are people out there with camcorder. I use to think most guy carry camcorder around are perverted because all they do is video tape hot looking chicks... If you dont believe me then check out girls gone wild ha ha ha

There are too many good people waiting for an opening on the SPD.

Jail the abusive, fire the rest. Being a cop is NOT "just another job." I don't want violent, abusive people walking around with that kind of authority; nor do I want morally spineless do-nothings who fold under the threat of peer retribution standing behind a badge, either. If the job is as tough as I've been led to believe, then we need tough people to do it. If that isn't you, then find another job.

Police, Firefighters, EMTs, etc... These are jobs that require the right kind of person.

There are too many good people waiting for an opening on the SPD.

Jail the abusive, fire the rest. Being a cop is NOT "just another job." I don't want violent, abusive people walking around with that kind of authority; nor do I want morally spineless do-nothings who fold under the threat of peer retribution standing behind a badge, either. If the job is as tough as I've been led to believe, then we need tough people to do it. If that isn't you, then find another job.

Police, Firefighters, EMTs, etc... These are jobs that require the right kind of person.

Great post, I believe you have spoken for the majority here. Thanks

EVERY ONE OF THEM needs to be tried. The moron crying alligator tears (note not one tear dropped, just alot of sniffling and crap) on TV AFTER he was caught needs to be prosecuted in a criminal capacity, as does the female. They were clearly out of line. It happens all the time, and If the PIgs dont do something (FIRE/prosecute) about these Jackholes... They deserve the bubblegumty outlook they get by the public.

Im glad the FBI is looking into it.

Just because you wear a *&$^@#! badge doesnt make you above ANY of the laws you're SUPPOSED to be upholding.

Clowns.

I hope they do time. The incident bordered on assualt. ANY one of you here go try that with ANYONE and see what happens if they called the cops... Youd be thrown in JAIL for ASSAULT.

Suspension? NO. Fire the one idiot FOR SURE, he has NO place in the force. Period. Neither does she. The others, maybe THEY need a suspension to evaluate what they are SUPPOSED to be doing while on the clock...

To PROTECT AND SERVE, not punk and taunt and abuse

"with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

What about the discussion here falls into that description? Just because you disagree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean that they are just posting to be disruptive. Everyone has a right to their opinion, right, wrong, or indifferent...

I see my comment was removed and that's fair, it did not contribute to the topic. And you are right, everyone has a right to their opinion and I respect that. I am not bothered by reading others opinions no matter how out there I feel they are.

I said the "troll" comment because there was a member who's first post was just a couple questions. And when others politely responded he would respond with "So what your saying is...." and nitpick their response. I felt that was just an effort to agitate. If he had an opinion he could of just expressed it without directly arguing with other members. I've seen other posts from said person in other threads with the same tone.

So that's all. No hard feelings. I'll just try to stick to firearms/hunting threads which is why I joined. This is a very useful site for novice shooters and hunters like myself and I've learned a lot from it.

Thank you

I said the "troll" comment because there was a member who's first post was just a couple questions. And when others politely responded he would respond with "So what your saying is...." and nitpick their response.

This is indeed a fairly common troll tactic; rewording someone else's position with the most ridiculous, extreme twist imaginable. It's counterproductive to any discussion and the sole purpose of the tactic is to make the other person appear ignorant or narrow-minded.

Example:

"I think donuts should have holes in them."

"Oh, so what you're saying is all other pastries without holes should be banned and we should just imprison any baker who dares to make them? Is that it? Huh? HUH?"

This is indeed a fairly common troll tactic; rewording someone else's position with the most ridiculous, extreme twist imaginable. It's counterproductive to any discussion and the sole purpose of the tactic is to make the other person appear ignorant or narrow-minded.

Example:

"Oh, so what you're saying is all other pastries without holes should be banned and we should just imprison any baker who dares to make them? Is that it? Huh? HUH?"

LOL! Great analogy!

straight up,, I know i could never be in law enforcement and have to deal with criminals every day, especially if i keep having to baby sit the same scumbags day after day after day.due to early release from jail,,,etc..so hats off to the men and women of law enforcement--- you have an infinite amount of patience to be able to do your jobs. this officer, has gone over the edge and should not continue to be in law enforcement....but heres the kicker..., the thing that makes me concerned the most , I wonder how much stuff happens that is never caught on tape?:s0131:

Example:

So what you're saying is that the guy who got stomped on should have had donuts to distract the cops with. Is that it? Huh? Huh?:D

I love how James Bible is now involved and the calls of racism. When did Mexican become a race and when did it become a racial slur?

I'm not defending the cops for what they did. They did step over the line but the cries of racism over shadow that and distract from the real issue here. The abuse of power by cops.

If the suspect was white and the officer said "I'm going to beat the Russian piss out of you" would you still cry racism?

Would NAACP make such a fuss if the comments where made by the black cop in the video?

I love how James Bible is now involved and the calls of racism. When did Mexican become a race and when did it become a racial slur?

I'm not defending the cops for what they did. They did step over the line but the cries of racism over shadow that and distract from the real issue here. The abuse of power by cops.

If the suspect was white and the officer said "I'm going to beat the Russian piss out of you" would you still cry racism?

Would NAACP make such a fuss if the comments where made by the black cop in the video?

Can you say M O N E Y?

This is definitely an issue of abuse of police power, not racism.

If the detainees were of a different ethnic background, the police could just have easily said "I'm going to stomp the Greaser, Beaner, Fishhead, Mick, Gook, Towelhead out of you." It just so happens that the Hispanic background of these guys perfectly fits in with the media's focus on Arizona's 1070, and the 'resultant' police abuses that crowd claims will happen there.

And there is nothing wrong with prejudging either. Young males, walking around late at night in large groups, can be considered engaging in suspicious activity. If this group of guys quasi-fit the description of the robbery suspects, it would not be unreasonable to stop and question them. If the police had stopped and not shown how 'tough' they were, everything would have been fine.

Speaking of prejudging, I personally would never own Italian tires. When they go flat, DAGO WOP WOP WOP.

Keith

Last Edited:
This is definitely an issue of abuse of police power, not racism.

They could just have easily said "I'm going to stomp the Greaser, Beaner, Fishhead, Gook, Commie out of you." It just so happens that the Hispanic background of these guys perfectly fits in with the media's focus on Arizona's 1070, and the police abuses that crowd claims will happen.

And there is nothing wrong woth prejudging either. Young males, generally in gangs, walking around late at night, can be suspicious activity. If this group of guys quasi-fit the description of the robbery suspects, it would not be unreasonable to stop and question them. If the police had stopped at that, everything would have been fine

Speaking of prejudging, I personally would never own Italian tires. When they go flat, DAGO WOP WOP WOP.

Keith

Keith, you know where DAGO & WOP come from don't you?

DEGO is slang for They Go, meaning 'they go here, they go there'. WOP is what a magistrate would stamp on your police report after you were arrested, it means With Out Papers. How about Hunky-dory? Hunky was slang for people of Hungarian heritage who were also excellent shipwrights. If you were a fisherman and wanted the very best dory, a type of sailing vessel, you sought out a Hungarian ship builder and had him build you one. Hence, the best was a Hunky-dory.

I've never heard that origin of Hunky-dory. That's interesting :) .

Expanding on that 'DAGO' definition of 'there they go', I believe the early Italian immigrants were used extensively for day labor jobs, hense the 'they go' here one day, 'they go' there the next.

Most pejorative slangs derive from unusual customs, features, etc that can be associated to specific groups of people. These days, sadly, folks are seemingly just too sensitive to appreciate good humor at someone else's expense.

Keith

That's ridiculous! People like that are why there are so many "cop haters" out there. LEOs really need to stop looking the other way when the bad ones get out of line. Both officer's that stomped on the guy need to be dismissed and charged with assault. The rest of the officer's involved should be disciplined for not getting medical assistance for the guy afterwards.

And there is nothing wrong with prejudging either. Young males, walking around late at night in large groups, can be considered engaging in suspicious activity. If this group of guys quasi-fit the description of the robbery suspects, it would not be unreasonable to stop and question them. If the police had stopped and not shown how 'tough' they were, everything would have been fine.

I agree 100%. Back in the day when I didn't have a car and walked everywhere I got stopped by the police in Everett because someone fitting my description had stabbed someone a few blocks away from where I was walking. The police detained me, but were respectful the whole time, even after I told them that I did have a small pocket knife on me. They never laid me out on the side walk. They emptied my pockets onto the hood of their car checked my knife for blood, questioned me for a few minutes and drove a witness over to see if I was the guy they were looking for, then let me go. There is no excuse for the behavior of the cops in that video.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews