JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"We had a gun to our head,"

<broken link removed>

"Under the gun to satisfy a federal judge, the City Council unanimously agreed Wednesday to allow gun shops, but keep them out of most neighborhoods and require them to videotape every sale to prevent straw purchases.

"If it was up to me as the person who helped establish the Brady bill, the five-day waiting period and the assault weapons ban, I wouldn't take this step," Mayor Rahm Emanuel said after the 48-to-0 vote. "

There are a couple of threads on Chicago and Video Tape, Chicago Gun Laws, if you are interested in the previous discussion.

Also the story that got me to the link above mentioned the Supreme Court Ruling, but the article only mentions U.S. District Court

Anyone want to open a shop in Chi-Town?

I guess they'll never really get to put it to use - no one in their right minds would open a gun shop in Chicago. It was bad enough before, I can't see anyone, save for a psychopath, who would want to be responsible for abiding by all of the ridiculous legislation.

Gun store owners would be required to videotape every sale to deter legal customers from buying firearms for crooks. They would be required to submit a safety plan outlining exterior lighting, surveillance cameras and alarm systems, as well as storage of guns and ammunition. Their employees would have to undergo fingerprinting, background checks and training on identifying potential gun traffickers
and what training did Obama's Souther coast ATF gang get... obviously they need this training.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top