Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SCOTUS - Chicago - Gun Shops

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RicInOR, Jun 26, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

“We had a gun to our head,”

http://politics.suntimes.com/articl...ncil-votes-allow-gun-shops/wed-06252014-929am

"Under the gun to satisfy a federal judge, the City Council unanimously agreed Wednesday to allow gun shops, but keep them out of most neighborhoods and require them to videotape every sale to prevent straw purchases.

“If it was up to me as the person who helped establish the Brady bill, the five-day waiting period and the assault weapons ban, I wouldn’t take this step,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said after the 48-to-0 vote. "

There are a couple of threads on Chicago and Video Tape, Chicago Gun Laws, if you are interested in the previous discussion.

Also the story that got me to the link above mentioned the Supreme Court Ruling, but the article only mentions U.S. District Court

Anyone want to open a shop in Chi-Town?

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I guess they'll never really get to put it to use - no one in their right minds would open a gun shop in Chicago. It was bad enough before, I can't see anyone, save for a psychopath, who would want to be responsible for abiding by all of the ridiculous legislation.

3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Murder capital of the country - I doubt most guns used there are "bought" at guns stores.

4. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

and what training did Obama's Souther coast ATF gang get... obviously they need this training.