JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It comes under the same heading as closing down a highway for most of day to investigate a fatal accident. They will justify it some way or other, but it's just plain stupid.

Welcom to the NWO we are here to save your children from you!

18 Signs That Life In U.S. Public Schools Is Now Essentially Equivalent To Life In U.S. Prisons
In the United States today, our public schools are not very good at educating our students, but they sure are great training grounds for learning how to live in a Big Brother police state control grid. Sadly, life in many U.S. public schools is now essentially equivalent to life in U.S. prisons. Most parents don't realize this, but our students have very few rights when they are in school. Our public school students are being watched, tracked, recorded, searched and controlled like never before. Back when I was in high school, it was unheard of for a police officer to come to school, but today our public school students are being handcuffed and arrested in staggering numbers. When I was young we would joke that going to school was like going to prison, but today that is actually true.

The following are 18 signs that life in our public schools is now very similar to life in our prisons....

#1 Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has announced that school officials can search the cell phones and laptops of public school students if there are "reasonable grounds for suspecting that the search will turn up evidence that the student has violated or is violating either the law or the rules of the school."

#2 It came out in court that one school district in Pennsylvania secretly recorded more than 66,000 images of students using webcams that were embedded in school-issued laptops that the students were using at home.

#3 If you can believe it, a "certified TSA official" was recently brought in to oversee student searches at the Santa Fe High School prom.

#4 A few years ago a class of 3rd grade students at one Kentucky elementary school were searched by a group of teachers after 5 dollars went missing. During the search the students were actually required to remove their shoes and their socks.

#5 At one public school in the Chicago area, children have been banned from bringing their lunches from home. Yes, you read that correctly. Students at that particular school are absolutely prohibited from bringing lunches from home. Instead, it is mandatory that they eat the food that the school cafeteria serves.

#6 The U.S. Department of Agriculture is spending huge amounts of money to install surveillance cameras in the cafeterias of public schools so that government control freaks can closely monitor what our children are eating.

#7 A teenager in suburban Dallas was recently forced to take on a part-time job after being ticketed for using bad language in one high school classroom. The original ticket was for $340, but additional fees have raised the total bill to $637.

#8 It is not just high school kids that are being ticketed by police. In Texas the crackdown extends all the way down to elementary school students. In fact, it has been reported that Texas police gave "1,000 tickets" to elementary school kids over a recent six year period.

#9 A few months ago, a 17 year-old honor student in North Carolina named Ashley Smithwick accidentally took her father's lunch with her to school. It contained a small paring knife which he would use to slice up apples. So what happened to this standout student when the school discovered this? The school suspended her for the rest of the year and the police charged her with a misdemeanor.

#10 A little over a year ago, a 6 year old girl in Florida was handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.

#11 In early 2010, a 12 year old girl in New York was arrested by police and marched out of her school in handcuffs just because she doodled on her desk. "I love my friends Abby and Faith" was what she reportedly wrote on her desk.

#12 There are actually some public schools in the United States that are so paranoid that they have actually installed cameras in student bathrooms.

#13 Down in Florida, students have actually been arrested by police for bringing a plastic butter knife to school, for throwing an eraser, and for drawing a picture of a gun.

#14 The Florida State Department of Juvenile Justice has announced that it will begin using analysis software to predict crime by young delinquents and will place "potential offenders" in specific prevention and education programs.

#15 A group of high school students made national headlines a while back when they revealed that they were ordered by a security guard to stop singing the national anthem during a visit to the Lincoln Memorial.

#16 In some U.S. schools, armed cops accompanied by police dogs actually conduct surprise raids with their guns drawn. In this video, you can actually see police officers aiming their guns at school children as the students are lined up facing the wall.

#17 Back in 2009, one 8 year old boy in Massachusetts was sent home from school and was forced to undergo a psychological evaluation because he drew a picture of Jesus on the cross.

#18 This year, 13 parents in Duncan, South Carolina were actually ticketed for cheering during a high school graduation.

Does anyone else ever wonder, under whose authority does the police have to lockdown a school to the effect, that you cannot even go get your own child if you so wished.

It's usually not the police ordering a lockdown - it's the school administration themselves when notified by the cops that there's an incident going down. I can see why, if the incident is happen AT THE SCHOOL there would be the lockdown - if they're searching the campus for a criminal - keeping the kids and teachers locked in the rooms will make it safer and easier for everyone involved. IF the incident is just occuring nearby - there should be no reason the school should prevent parents from getting their children, nor should it be legal (and it may not even be, it'd likely take a law suit to have that hashed out).

Common sense needs to play a role, and it's something that is lacking a great deal these days.

keeping the kids and teachers locked in the rooms will make it safer and easier for everyone involved.

School administrators don't have authority over a parent for someone elses child, who gave them the authority to "lockdown" a school? Anyone?

Also, as quoted. How does herding people into groups make them safer? Sounds like a police state tactic to me. Any positive suggestions as to why doing this makes any of those people safer?

Right or wrong, the schools have to keep students safe. Saxons list did not have any of the lawsuits and unreasonable demands made by parents. You guys remember the Principal's office? how about the dreaded note to parents? I bet all
of us dreaded Mom & Dad's reaction! Now it seems the parents go after the teachers.

My wife teaches middle school, so I'll explain it as best I can. Lockdown occurs when the administration believes there is a threat to the welfare of the students. They have hundreds of kids to protect and keep track of, plus they do not want anyone but approved staff and LEOs in the halls. If the administration let people in and out willy nilly some are proposing it would be bedlam.

It's not about a nanny state - it's about safety and accountability. If that doesn't make sense to you, suck it up.

My wife teaches middle school, so I'll explain it as best I can. Lockdown occurs when the administration believes there is a threat to the welfare of the students. They have hundreds of kids to protect and keep track of, plus they do not want anyone but approved staff and LEOs in the halls. If the administration let people in and out willy nilly some are proposing it would be bedlam.

It's not about a nanny state - it's about safety and accountability. If that doesn't make sense to you, suck it up.

Well, despite your aggressive tone I think you and I probably agree on this. Lockdowns are not about keeping kids safe from aggressors. They are about keeping students safe from trampling and knowing where they are at the end of the day so once the school is un-lockdowned they can be matched to their parents instead of the principal telling parents that their kid was last seen running out the back door and hasn't been seen in hours.

Well, despite your aggressive tone I think you and I probably agree on this. Lockdowns are not about keeping kids safe from aggressors. They are about keeping students safe from trampling and knowing where they are at the end of the day so once the school is un-lockdowned they can be matched to their parents instead of the principal telling parents that their kid was last seen running out the back door and hasn't been seen in hours.

Thank you. My aggressive tone probably came from the fact that I was actually wasting my time replying to such a stupid thread. It is obvious the folks who are "outraged" at school rules do not have a clue about what it takes to provide protection for students that are under the charge of educational systems.

This ties in with college. I'm a student at the UW and if the school goes into "lockdown," I'm going to walk out to my car and go home.

I'd probably do the same depending on what the reason is for the lockdown. If no reason is given, I'd walk. Just hope I don't match the description of a shooter or something.

such a stupid thread. It is obvious the folks who are "outraged" at school rules do not have a clue about what it takes to provide protection for students that are under the charge of educational systems.

I am most certainly not outraged as you suspect. In fact, I don't currently have any children let alone children in school.

I have a few simple questions, and thus far one has been halfway answered.

Under whose authority does ANYONE at the school have to keep a parent away from picking up their child, ESPECIALLY in a dangerous situation. I would imagine I'd want to get my child out of their ASAP.

As well, the tactic of locking down and herding the students, faculty into groups I imagine as a great "tactical" error. In a school shooter scenario, I can see it leading to cause more injury and deaths than it would solve.

Leading too, is there anything positive about the tactic?

Finding students at the end of the day? Matching them to their parents? Maybe things have changed quite a bit since I was in school, but I'd never seen school authorities "search for lost students" or disallow certain people from picking up any students. I don't buy that as a good reason, let alone ever happening to begin with. (perhaps at a pre-school or kindergarten, but elementary, middle or high school?)

I do not know what authority provides for lock downs, but when the kids are in school it is the schools' responsibility to see to it that children are accounted for and kept out of harm's way. When a lockdown occurs it's purpose is to keep the students in one place, allay panic, and clear the halls so LEOs can do their job without interference. Anyone in the halls during lockdown is automatically suspect as suspect and will be questioned very severely and/or apprehended.

After Columbine and given the amount of gang activity in schools (even in middle schools) lockdowns are taken very seriously. Varying codes for scenarios are used in loudspeaker announcements so teachers know what is going on and the reason for lockdowns (e.g., "A blue car in the parking lot has its lights on" may mean a man with a gun is in the building).

I understand where you'd want to get your child out of harm's way but if everyone did this it would be impossible to keep order.

FYI: as far as keeping track of kids nowadays, each teacher has a computer that tells whether Timmy or Sally should be in the classroom. If he or she isn't there the teacher checks with the principal's office to find out if the student is home sick or is truant or missing. This is done during every class period. In the case of Kyle Hormon, this wasn't done in a timely manner; if the system had been used in time, perhaps he wouldn't be missing.

I am most certainly not outraged as you suspect. In fact, I don't currently have any children let alone children in school.

I have a few simple questions, and thus far one has been halfway answered.

Under whose authority does ANYONE at the school have to keep a parent away from picking up their child, ESPECIALLY in a dangerous situation. I would imagine I'd want to get my child out of their ASAP.

As well, the tactic of locking down and herding the students, faculty into groups I imagine as a great "tactical" error. In a school shooter scenario, I can see it leading to cause more injury and deaths than it would solve.

Leading too, is there anything positive about the tactic?

Finding students at the end of the day? Matching them to their parents? Maybe things have changed quite a bit since I was in school, but I'd never seen school authorities "search for lost students" or disallow certain people from picking up any students. I don't buy that as a good reason, let alone ever happening to begin with. (perhaps at a pre-school or kindergarten, but elementary, middle or high school?)

But wont having the students separated and grouped together also make it easier to find the involved badguys, when the only people in the halls should be the bad guys. Or if something is occuring around the neighborhood and the school is on lockdown, it will be much easier for LEO of find the subject they are looking for if they dont have 400 other students trying to leave the school, 400 parents driving around the area to get their kid. And in reality LEO will probably also have the roads blocked off in the search area preventing new cars from coming into the area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top