JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have info on the Second Amendment positions of school board candidates in your area? These are the people who will decide if schools will be "gun-free zones," or whether CHL holders will be allowed on campus (if SB-554 passes), and how the U.S. Constitution is taught to kids. Seems to me, these elections are more important than the "bigger" elections where the outcome is mostly foregone. I think even a few hundred votes can swing a school board election in some places. Focusing on school board elections seems like a good investment in the future.

I have not heard from OFF or the NRA on any school board candiates. Do they have any recommendations? Do any of you know any school board candidates who have expressed pro-gun or anti-gun views?

In Beaverton the biggest issue in the upcoming elections is that one of the candidates (Schade) is addressing all of the woke crap and CRT. She wants it gone. There was a small protest last week against her by the usual woke crowd. She's got my vote. I would like to have them bring up concealed carry but they are hyper focused on wokeness at the moment.

Not exactly my main priority. Reopening schools for %100 in person teaching and no racial crap curriculum is on the top of my lists for a candidate. One of our candidates is against the BLM movement and anything to do with that sort of teaching. For that alone she will receive my vote.

In Beaverton the biggest issue in the upcoming elections is that one of the candidates (Schade) is addressing all of the woke crap and CRT. She wants it gone. There was a small protest last week against her by the usual woke crowd. She's got my vote. I would like to have them bring up concealed carry but they are hyper focused on wokeness at the moment.

What a brave woman. I hope she wins the election, but mostly I just hope she manages to keep her job!

What a brave woman. I hope she wins the election, but mostly I just hope she manages to keep her job!
She's been standing strong. The progressive Marxists have been throwing death threats at her. A lot of people in Beaverton do not like how far left the school board has become.

She's been standing strong. The progressive Marxists have been throwing death threats at her. A lot of people in Beaverton do not like how far left the school board has become.
Glad to hear it. I have a few acquaintances in/around Beaverton who are moderate conservatives, but I wasn't sure how typical their views were of the area. I have to think that recent events in Portland would trigger some to re-evaluate where things are headed politically in the area. I usually feel like it's too late to save western WA, but maybe there is hope ...

Can you post a link to that please?
[h3][/h3]Linda Farrington:

Kari Zohner:

Glad to hear it. I have a few acquaintances in/around Beaverton who are moderate conservatives, but I wasn't sure how typical their views were of the area. I have to think that recent events in Portland would trigger some to re-evaluate where things are headed politically in the area. I usually feel like it's too late to save western WA, but maybe there is hope ...
Beaverton used to be quite red along with Washington County. Washington County is pretty purple now. Beaverton is leaning fairly blue thanks to all of the Californian's (yes, I'll blame them). Another fine city succumbing to the woke bubblegum crowd.

Kari Zohner:

Until the NAACP formally denounces Rachel Dolezal for BLATANT "cultural appropriation" they can eat a JUMBO bag of steaming richards.

BSD has been in trouble; IMHO. They had a risk manager there years ago that protected the teachers and administrators and the board from the errors and injuries to the students. There may be a "cult" up there against accountability and responsibility. They appear to be way to the left in years past. Maybe hopeless. Doubtful voting will change their subculture.

Maybe hopeless. Doubtful voting will change their subculture.
Maybe. Maybe not. You're not trying to boil the ocean here, just trying to replace a bad candidate in a local race with a not-so-bad one. How many votes does it take to swing a school board election? Your odds of making a difference are astronomically better than a statewide election. Most people ignore school board elections, and that constitutes an opportunity.

I just did write ins with GI JOE characters.

Figure if it worked in the 80-90s with their pro American "knowing is half the battle" then it should help greatly here.

I have no clue who any of the candidates are irl.

Kari Zohner:

Thanks.
I find it ironic, that someone who grew up in a culture in their most formative years is denied the ability to identify with said culture.
So grateful the NAACP is here to keep us straight. Now all we need are blue helmets to keep the peace.

Thanks.
I find it ironic, that someone who grew up in a culture in their most formative years is denied the ability to identify with said culture.
So grateful the NAACP is here to keep us straight. Now all we need are blue helmets to keep the peace.
UN_helmet-bullet-holes-paranoid-republicans.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads