JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I the only one who is lucky enough to receive these calls, 24 hours a day?

So I wont be accused of profiling, I'll just say many of these callers coincidentally have the same accent as you'd expect to hear from the middle east. But they work for the IRS, reminding me that if I send them a money order immediately for my tax error, I may not be prosecuted. Or they notice I have a problem with my computer and I should log in to their website for correction.

All day long, and sometimes in the middle of the night.

You can place your cell phone on the do not call list, and that's about 90% effective, but there's no protection for land lines.

I only share my land line number with businesses, and I do need to keep a land line, otherwise I'd pull the plug on what's left of Ma Bell.

Signed,
Frustrated in Oregon City.

WAYNO.

You're not the only one. We're getting the same calls on landline and cell phones. Our general rule is we never answer a call for a number we don't recognize. We're on all of the do not call lists, but it doesn't stop them.

Wow, a harassment call (sales call) is so rare for us, knocking wood, I can't remember the last one! We are on all the lists also, and don't have a LL.

What I notice they do here is spoof numbers with local area code and even prefixes so you think it local and its some guy in Jamaica. I am on the do not call and I have blocking on all my lines but still ever week I get a few. I don't answer if I don't know it, I (hypothetically) would answer Blank Blank Police Department, of one that doesn't exist was fun to hear the panic in their voices, then a law buddy told me that could be seen as impersonation so glad I didnt ever do that ;)

Phone scams like these are against the law, yet hey persist. Perhaps an executive order by that arrogant pantload in the whitehouse, imposing more stringent regulations and fees on telephone users everywhere, would convince those criminals stop doing criminal things?

Last Edited:
donotcall.gov
Haven't gotten any except two the last week that were for "Marriott rewards" and I wasn't too happy.

donotcall.gov
Haven't gotten any except two the last week that were for "Marriott rewards" and I wasn't too happy.
Thanks for that link. After I dealt with LegalZoom and Godaddy, my phone blows up with offers for credit and business loans. The jackazzes calling about my Toyota warranty running out soon have seemed to taper off tho.

#1 on the list: Do Not Call has never worked, don't waste your time. The phone companies are making a bundle of money because of scams, etc.

Those that make the scam and harassing phone calls have to make thousands of calls per day in order to find a sucker. That cost $$, no way around it.

Then toss in the fact many are paying extra $$$ for caller ID & call blocking in an attempt to avoid those calls. Phone companies love it. Money flooding in, both directions.

I will no longer pay extra for caller ID or call block. Land line is just for local calls now....most of the time a phone is "not" connected. Nice not to hear it ring or having to listen to BS on the answering machine.

Use a smart phone with a free call blocker. Only numbers on the contact list are allowed to ring. End of BS!

Just to drive in a point to honest business, upon leaving the dentist office a while back I told the office my reasons they "the dentist office" will not be able to contact me via phone. I will not give them my cell phone number. From now on, send a post card!! Or if they are smart, contact their "yuk" politicians and complain about scams, etc.

Foreverlost,

I have a business land line that I really can't afford not to answer. Recently, I got one of the calls from "Microsoft tech support."

I knew it was a scam, but decided I'd have a little fun. I kept the guy on the phone for about 15 minutes while he got more and more excited about reeling in a fish. When I finally had enough, I told him "You're a thief. I figured I'd use up time you'd spend trying to steal someone else's money."

Click.

It was, all in all, pretty satisfying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews