JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's going to pass 35 - 25. The Governor will sign almost immediately, then it's law (EMERGENCY, don't ya know). As early as tomorrow as late as Friday.

It passed, but I'm not sure when it will go into effect. I've heard that since it was declared an emergency bill, the emergency clause remove the right for citizens to vote on it (without paying for trying to get their own initiative on the ballot), and that it goes into effect as soon as the governor signs it, which most people assume won't take more than a day or two, but I did hear someone (McLain, I think) mentioned something like "if this is truly an emergency, then why is it not planned to take immediate effect?" so I'm really not sure.

Today we'll find out if our legislators will sell our freedom and constitutional rights to outside money and influence. We know the Governor will sign this into law if it passes, so the House is the final stopping point. While I remain cautiously hopeful that all the phone calls, emails, letters and in-person discussions will have an impact and will stop the turd in its tracks, I am wondering, should this pass, what are your plans afterward?

If you're like me, you're darn tired of crafting emails to legislators that can barely be bothered to give us the time of day. If I never had to write another again, I'd be very happy. But I know that will never happen.

Plan #1 - the turd passes

So, if they do steal our liberty today, what are your plans? I know some are already active in pursuing recalls, which I'm really happy to see. Others have talked about starting more, which would be even better - let's put Colorado to shame. Some may choose not to comply. Others may do so grudgingly. Some may hold tight to the guns they have and never do another private sale. Some will hold their anger in reserve for the next election cycle. How about you?

Plan #2 - the turd is flushed

Our miracle happens and SB941 is stopped in the house. What next? Will you go back to your life and turn your back on the legislature until you hear of another bill (there are 2 more on the way)? Or have you been changed by this event and won't ever again let things get this far in the process, by being more involved from this point on?

Whatever the outcome, I've been changed by this. Last week, I sat in the House at the capitol and listened as they debated a bill that is unrelated to our current fight. I walked the Capitol and listened to side conversations by legislators as they discussed how they would vote (some didn't even try to keep those conversations very quiet). I saw the people that bring me frustration and how they go about their days, deciding for the rest of us how we should live. It was eye-opening and disappointing at the same time. I know now that I can't just go about my life hoping they make the right decisions in Salem. I need to pay more attention to what they're doing, and what they're passing. I need to be more aware of who my legislators are and what they plan to do in my name.

I'm awake. And I'm pretty pi$$ed off. These people are going to get to know my name. And likely, won't like it very much. But they need to know that their constituents are paying attention, and are willing to get involved.

How about you? Are you changed in any way by what's happened in the last few months?

MY PLAN IS TO SEE OREGON IN MY REARVIEW MIRROR!!!!! CAPS ARE INTENTIONAL! I *AM* YELLING! :mad:

Like I said in a previous thread I believe this will in a way benefit gun dealers. As people decide it's not worth the hassle to arrange a FTF given the additional requirement of the FFL transfer they will simply go to a dealer which probably the majority of gun owners do anyway. At the same time however I believe most people are going to be much more selective with their purchases and buy something they plan to keep knowing how difficult it will be to sell something FTF. I do not think FFLs are suddenly going to be overwhelmed with transfer requests - maybe a few for some 'statutory' deals that were not completed pre - SB941 but I'll bet FTF ads and dealings will disappear like a fart in the wind.

I believe what they will do is delay the sales and make it such a pain in the but that dealer's will charge even more to do them. Lots of other laws are going to be involved with the process like veterans with PTSD will be delayed and people getting divorces etc. The goal is to stop the gun shows and private sales.

Presently, I'd like to see a recall be successful. But do have to admit that now I just might consider moving to another state or away from the metro area.

If there is going to be a chance at initiating a ballot initiative to reverse SB941, we're going to need as many voters on our side, in this state, as possible. Don't bail on us now. We've lost a battle, but they've just started a war.

MY PLAN IS TO SEE OREGON IN MY REARVIEW MIRROR!!!!! CAPS ARE INTENTIONAL! I *AM* YELLING! :mad:

I have been looking at other states too, make sure that your medical insurance is transferable to another state. It's one of the reasons they limit you to certain doctors and facilities, they don't want you able to move. Tyranny is like that.

I have been looking at other states too, make sure that your medical insurance is transferable to another state. It's one of the reasons they limit you to certain doctors and facilities, they don't want you able to move. Tyranny is like that.

Really guys? Running away from the fight? Is that really the best thing to do moving forward? Running will only make it take longer before they catch you in the next state. Make no mistake, they won't stop unless we stop them.

Really guys? Running away from the fight? Is that really the best thing to do moving forward? Running will only make it take longer before they catch you in the next state. Make no mistake, they won't stop unless we stop them.

Ha! This bubblegum will not be happening in Texas....already have a place there, guess it's time to make it my permanent residence. Not running from the fight, but what I saw today leaves me little hope. The whole process was just Democrats going through the motions of a "Democratic" process. Oregon is becoming just like California, and it will happen faster now that we are overrun by progressive Liberals. Sorry, I am just completely disgusted!!!!

The bill passed. Thanks to all the idiots that voted democrat, the state will have a much more complete list of where to go should they ever try to confiscate.

Ha! This bubblegum will not be happening in Texas....already have a place there, guess it's time to make it my permanent residence. Not running from the fight, but what I saw today leaves me little hope. The whole process was just Democrats going through the motions of a "Democratic" process. Oregon is becoming just like California, and it will happen faster now that we are overrun by progressive Liberals. Sorry, I am just completely disgusted!!!!

You may want to pay a little more attention to what's happening in Texas. If you think that liberals can't take hold there too, you may find yourself surprised. I don't watch Texas closely, but even I'm hearing of liberal incursion into that traditionally conservative state. As far as I'm concerned there are no states that are 'safe' from the infection of the mindset that got us where we are today.

You may want to pay a little more attention to what's happening in Texas. If you think that liberals can't take hold there too, you may find yourself surprised. I don't watch Texas closely, but even I'm hearing of liberal incursion into that traditionally conservative state. As far as I'm concerned there are no states that are 'safe' from the infection of the mindset that got us where we are today.

The Liberals in Texas are pretty much limited to the east side of the state. I have been paying attention.
My interest lies in West Texas where common sense and self reliance still fly.

No doubt about it, it isn't going to stop but there are ways to work around it all. When the people elect corrupt officials you have to learn how to live around that corruption until enough people will stand together against it. It's not running, it's fighting in ways that work best. Keep the money from them and the system will crash. If nobody bought another gun the system would crash. If you sell over gun broker the state gets no money and the system without money will crash.

Dumb as this may sound, the left that is running this state runs on feelings. The tree of liberty has to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Why not have everyone that gives a crap put red ribbons everywhere reminding them of that blood. Tie a yellow ribbon, he'll no, tie a red ribbon and keep them up until time to vote.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top