JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today we'll find out if our legislators will sell our freedom and constitutional rights to outside money and influence. We know the Governor will sign this into law if it passes, so the House is the final stopping point. While I remain cautiously hopeful that all the phone calls, emails, letters and in-person discussions will have an impact and will stop the turd in its tracks, I am wondering, should this pass, what are your plans afterward?

If you're like me, you're darn tired of crafting emails to legislators that can barely be bothered to give us the time of day. If I never had to write another again, I'd be very happy. But I know that will never happen.

Plan #1 - the turd passes

So, if they do steal our liberty today, what are your plans? I know some are already active in pursuing recalls, which I'm really happy to see. Others have talked about starting more, which would be even better - let's put Colorado to shame. Some may choose not to comply. Others may do so grudgingly. Some may hold tight to the guns they have and never do another private sale. Some will hold their anger in reserve for the next election cycle. How about you?

Plan #2 - the turd is flushed

Our miracle happens and SB941 is stopped in the house. What next? Will you go back to your life and turn your back on the legislature until you hear of another bill (there are 2 more on the way)? Or have you been changed by this event and won't ever again let things get this far in the process, by being more involved from this point on?

Whatever the outcome, I've been changed by this. Last week, I sat in the House at the capitol and listened as they debated a bill that is unrelated to our current fight. I walked the Capitol and listened to side conversations by legislators as they discussed how they would vote (some didn't even try to keep those conversations very quiet). I saw the people that bring me frustration and how they go about their days, deciding for the rest of us how we should live. It was eye-opening and disappointing at the same time. I know now that I can't just go about my life hoping they make the right decisions in Salem. I need to pay more attention to what they're doing, and what they're passing. I need to be more aware of who my legislators are and what they plan to do in my name.

I'm awake. And I'm pretty pi$$ed off. These people are going to get to know my name. And likely, won't like it very much. But they need to know that their constituents are paying attention, and are willing to get involved.

How about you? Are you changed in any way by what's happened in the last few months?

My plans are the same, as far as being active, with the exception of donating more than I have in the past. I'm still writing emails, calling, educating, and keeping an eye out for what's coming.

As much as I would like to defy this turd of a law, I have a wife, kids and school to finish. I can't put those depending on me at risk, if by extremely slim chances, I could be made an example of. Since I am a full time student and do not have the time to mess with meeting at ffl's and waiting around. Everything I would consider selling is staying in the safe and if I aquire anything new it will likely come from a ffl.

When I become a professional in a little over a year, time and funds will free up substantially. Hopefully it's not to late,until then, I'll email and call weekly or more and donate what I can.

At this point I've started the envelope system, every sell a portion of the money goes to the OFF/recal/nwfa envelope.

To be continued

If it passes.. & If SHTF and perhaps law and law enforcement are no longer in rule.. Im going hunting.

This is treason and should be dealt with as such.

Realistically.. If it passes.. Ill be very disappointed in my state.. Not that I havent been lately.
Ill ONLY go through FFLs that dont take advantage of the new racket. And Ill be damn sure to be a part of every recall effort.

All of this just plain sucks.

Worse than the law is the unlawful procedure they used to bring it forward. If it goes through then it becomes a precident that they can make any law without due process. Using emergency powers they change anything they want, it's called tyranny.

One effort I am going to make is to keep as little money as possible going to the state government. I will change my lifestyle so they get fewer tax dollars. If I want to sell a gun I will legally sell it out of state so they get no money and they have no idea where that gun is. I will keep my spending to a minimum because every dollar spent generates $10 and they get to tax it all. Nope its time people fought back by holding back the money.

Worse than the law is the unlawful procedure they used to bring it forward. If it goes through then it becomes a precident that they can make any law without due process. Using emergency powers they change anything they want, it's called tyranny.

One effort I am going to make is to keep as little money as possible going to the state government. I will change my lifestyle so they get fewer tax dollars. If I want to sell a gun I will legally sell it out of state so they get no money and they have no idea where that gun is. I will keep my spending to a minimum because every dollar spent generates $10 and they get to tax it all. Nope its time people fought back by holding back the money.

We CAN still get this on the ballot regardless.

See: http://bluebook.state.or.us/state/elections/elections09.htm

The way they are trying to pass it, it stops us from adding a referendum to stop this from ever being in the ORS.

That doesn't mean we can't start a voter initiative to get this removed from the ORS. All we need is 6% of voter sign.

We CAN still get this on the ballot regardless.

See: http://bluebook.state.or.us/state/elections/elections09.htm

The way they are trying to pass it, it stops us from adding a referendum to stop this from ever being in the ORS.

That doesn't mean we can't start a voter initiative to get this removed from the ORS. All we need is 6% of voter sign.

Really? I thought we couldn't even do it through a ballot initiative because of the emergency clause. That would certainly be at least some better news. Unfortunately, I would expect that would be required to wait until the next election in 2016?

From my understanding, this is already the president, I read in the oregonian(I think) of a legislator quoted as using the emergency clause to pass the drivers license law we the voters shot down last time around.

Really? I thought we couldn't even do it through a ballot initiative because of the emergency clause. That would certainly be at least some better news. Unfortunately, I would expect that would be required to wait until the next election in 2016?

Well I believe the reason the referendum doesn't work is because a normal bill would be an act after it was signed and not a law until the prescribed date. I don't know which or how they decide that, I'm not really on the up and up on that. But the emergency clause doesn't explicitly say voters can't refer it before it becomes law, it just makes the law take effect immediately--skipping the act stage--which implies there would be no time for voters to block it before it became law.

That doesn't mean we can't take it out after it becomes law.

read up here: http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/statelaw.aspx

We care about the initiative process, not the referendum.

In general (but specifically the posters here who have "Other Issues" that are as important or that trump this "Hobby" we share
If by that you mean will I continue to vote in my own best interests, the answer is an unequivocal yes. If by that you mean voting against people who want to continue to push policies which infringe on the liberty of people and voting for the interests of corporate authoritarians and syndico-anarchists, the answer is yes.

If by that you mean will I continue to vote in my own best interests, the answer is an unequivocal yes. If by that you mean voting against people who want to continue to push policies which infringe on the liberty of people and voting for the interests of corporate authoritarians and syndico-anarchists, the answer is yes.
Its in your best interest to vote against the Gungrabbers Party unless Private Firearm Ownership DOES NOT RATE WITH other Interests you hold dearer ...

Your not even in Oregon... California stole your rights long ago.
I have every Firearm I desire (5 AR /4 AK/AKM) ( 1911/Glock 19/S&W 5903 ... and more Milsurp than you can shake a stick at , mountains of prebans and I train openly with my regional Militia Groups , have my CCW and only firearm I'm even thinking about purchasing over next few years is a Colt or S&W USGI model 1917. We have a great BLM shooting area nearby (Iron Mountain/Keswick Range) and Many Great Gunshops ( Olde West Gun& Loan Redding Ca.)

Unfortunately, I would expect that would be required to wait until the next election in 2016?

I didn't really reply to this, but I believe we would have to wait until next year. You have to have the 6% of voter signatures submitted 4 months prior to the date of the general election.

But it's good in a way. There are a lot of people who could potentially help us even as of today who don't even know about SB 941 simply out of ignorance. At least we have time to educate and form a base.

But of course, this is all hypothetical, because it hasn't even passed yet.

I didn't really reply to this, but I believe we would have to wait until next year. You have to have the 6% of voter signatures submitted 4 months prior to the date of the general election.

But it's good in a way. There are a lot of people who could potentially even as of today who don't even know about SB 941 simply out of ignorance. At least we have time to educate and form a base.

But of course, this is all hypothetical, because it hasn't even passed yet.
Ditto Inform the "Uninformed Voters" and give a choice to the Usuially Biased voters...

Your not even in Oregon... California stole your rights long ago.
and that's why you should listen to him. California was one of the freest states, most innovative state this country has ever seen.....it got taken over from the inside out and its just like here, good like minded people that share the same values and culture suffering from being out numbered at the polls and at the bank by over crowded population centers that cant see past their noses and are not from the culture that originated ....in California, Oregon etc. ....invaders, transplants that leave their home, move to someone else's and tries to make it like the place they came from. Firearms are just a sliver of what they are changing

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top