JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OFF WILL HAVE TO PICK A FIGHT THEY CAN WIN. SURGICAL ATTACK.

I'm tired of this argument. OFF turned tail and ran after promoting Initiative Petition 8 as "A very carefully crafted ballot measure to protect firearms and firearms owners" in 2018 because "we got a second very bad ballot title". Like he [Starret] thought he would have gotten a great ballot title with this lib AG?.
It's time to take a stand....sh*# or get off the pot.

Time for the gloves to come off, this is now a street fight for our rights, how do we organize 4K angry gun owners to disrupt the daily operations of the marble nuthouse?

I honestly think that's what it's going to take, we need a passionate, charasmatic leader to rise up and lead the charge against the tyrannical Oregon State government. Time to hold their smug feet to the fire and hold them accountable to We the People of Oregon!!!!

To this end, time to pressure Courtney. He's got bigger issues to deal with, lots of contact, constant contact to shelve this legislation is necessary. I'll be starting down that road this morning!
You are so right about this, he has the power to shelve this bill. I will be making influencing him a top priority right along side convincing Senators to deny the quorum if he does bring the SB 978 to the floor.

Time for the gloves to come off, this is now a street fight for our rights, how do we organize 4K angry gun owners to disrupt the daily operations of the marble nuthouse?

I honestly think that's what it's going to take, we need a passionate, charasmatic leader to rise up and lead the charge against the tyrannical Oregon State government. Time to hold their smug feet to the fire and hold them accountable to We the People of Oregon!!!!
One way is to get the couch sitters on this forum to become more involved. This forum has thousands of members (if I'm not mistaken). But in this section regarding firearms related legislation there seems to be a pretty small (by comparison) group of members that are regularly engaged on these issues. I get that it's not glamorous work, that the legislation may not directly impact you, you're just not going to comply, etc. There are lots of reasons to not bother getting involved but the more of you that do the better our chances of avoiding this nightmare legislation. We shouldn't have to be making these efforts to enjoy our natural rights but unfortunately the world we are living in doesn't understand this so we need to get engaged.

Stop Oregon Gun Ban posted this on Facebook today:

Didn't work, sorry!
Pretty smug... One day, when the First Amendment is under attack, they won't have the freedom to make such snide comments. They don't understand the whittling away of constitutional rights...

Even if this legislation is passed, I foresee a long and drawn out battle right to the SCOTUS to get this settled. This ergregous legislation is clearly in violation of the Supreme Law of the Land...

One way is to get the couch sitters on this forum to become more involved. This forum has thousands of members (if I'm not mistaken). But in this section regarding firearms related legislation there seems to be a pretty small (by comparison) group of members that are regularly engaged on these issues. I get that it's not glamorous work, that the legislation may not directly impact you, you're just not going to comply, etc. There are lots of reasons to not bother getting involved but the more of you that do the better our chances of avoiding this nightmare legislation. We shouldn't have to be making these efforts to enjoy our natural rights but unfortunately the world we are living in doesn't understand this so we need to get engaged.

I don't have a problem with that. I've donated, written letters, made calls, attended rallies. I will continue to do so if I think it will help. But I do not have any expectation that the super majority of Democrat and the weasel RINO's trying to hold on to their office, give a damn about our Constitutional right to be armed, therefore I no longer hope for the best. I expect the worst... and plan for it.

Pretty smug... One day, when the First Amendment is under attack, they won't have the freedom to make such snide comments. They don't understand the whittling away of constitutional rights...

LOL!!! I tried to post a long call to action, asking people to lobby OR legislature to walk out, that Stop Oregon Gun Ban posted on Facebook but was unable to get it to work here. Rather than leave the faulty link up, I posted "Sorry, didn't work!" :)

LOL!!! I tried to post a long call to action, asking people to lobby OR legislature to walk out, that Stop Oregon Gun Ban posted on Facebook but was unable to get it to work here. Rather than leave the faulty link up, I posted "Sorry, didn't work!" :)
Was it this one:
Our backs are against the wall. If SB 978 passes almost all of us are at risk of becoming felons. It is that simple.
SB 978 was created to turn as many of us as possible into criminals.
Virtually all Democrats support this bill.
There is one tool to stop it. The Senate Republicans have to take a courageous stand, and WALK OUT.
Period. That is the only hand they have to play. If they don't, your gun rights will be gone, end of story.
You will be a criminal if someone steals your gun.
You will be a criminal if you own an older firearm that never had a serial number.
You will be a criminal if you don't lock up your guns.
You will be a criminal if you DO lock up your guns.
You will be a felon if you drive NEAR a "public building" with a firearm.
You can go to prison for 5 years for picking up a friend or family member at an airport.
You will be a criminal if you have ever built a firearm at home.
In short, you will be a criminal if you do virtually all things normal law abiding gun owners do.
The time is short. If Oregon Republican Senators don't walk out and deny the Democrats a quorum we will have very little chance of saving any gun rights in Oregon.
Please take a moment to demand Oregon Republican Senators take a stand to keep their supporters out of prison.

If you have a twitter acct, please retweet the message linked below. Also, please share the link on other platforms and in other forums. Email the senators too. Call them. Visit them. We need them all on board for denying a quorum if necessary.
Twitter
This tweet is getting some traction on the retweets:
Senator's, a floor vote on SB 978 (-5) demands that you excercise your right to deny a quorum. Oregonians from every part of this State are depending on you to protect their rights. Please stand together and deny a quorum on this bill. Please share this message.
+@ChuckThomsen @FredGirod @DennisLinthicum @KimThatcherGOP @Heard4StateRep @SenatorBentz @SenatorKnopp @SenatorWinters @SenatorOlsen @SenBaertschiger @Hansell4Senate @BrianBoquistGOP and a special invite to a reliable friend of our rights @senbetsyjohnson

This tweet is getting some traction on the retweets:
Senator's, a floor vote on SB 978 (-5) demands that you excercise your right to deny a quorum. Oregonians from every part of this State are depending on you to protect their rights. Please stand together and deny a quorum on this bill. Please share this message.
+@ChuckThomsen @FredGirod @DennisLinthicum @KimThatcherGOP @Heard4StateRep @SenatorBentz @SenatorKnopp @SenatorWinters @SenatorOlsen @SenBaertschiger @Hansell4Senate @BrianBoquistGOP and a special invite to a reliable friend of our rights @senbetsyjohnson
Those of us who aren't Twits and don't Tweet, good listing for sending out emails!!!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top