JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can listen to the discussion in the Law & Justice Committee (yes it's an oxymoron) about creating a NEW Agency in the State named...Washington office of firearm violence prevention that was discussed on 1/21/2020 here. Start at 1:27:23 with the staff report that precedes the testimony.

From the bill
(b) Researching, identifying, and recommending legislative policy options to promote the implementation of statewide evidence-based firearm violence intervention and prevention strategies;​
15 NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. (1) The Washington office of firearm16violence prevention is created within the department for the purposes of coordinating and promoting effective state and local efforts to reduce firearm violence.​

(b) Researching, identifying, and recommending legislative policy options to promote the implementation of statewide evidence-based firearm violence intervention and prevention strategies;​
(7) The office shall form a grant selection advisory committee including, without limitation, persons who have been impacted by violence, formerly incarcerated persons, and persons with direct experience in implementing evidence-based violence reduction initiatives, including initiatives that incorporate public health and community-based approaches.​

(IMHO) On its face, it doesn't scream out like it's onerous in some manner or form. Read the bill (4 pages long) and then imagine someone like ferguson, inslee or even jinkins leading the office.
ferguson & inslee are already pushing the legislature with their anti-gun stance and I can only surmise the head of this new agency, appointed by the governor, will be using this new agency to make 'local based recommendations' to the legislature.
I liked the comments from the bill supporters about we're not focusing or including gang activity in this. (around 1:43) Say WHAT? They're not going to include gang activity into their 'research' about gun violence? I guess that pretty much sums up the intent of, 'just give us money for whatever'.

On the other hand, the speaker for the con (around 1:44) starts out making some VERY good points about the fiscal aspects and finishes as well or better then his start.

Interesting how most every supporting speaker was from king county.. but... keep on til 1:54 for another con side. The NRA speaker made some good factual points. Dan Mitchell, from Sporting Systems, made some really valid points on this entire agency being made up of political appointees with no accountability. Ya think? At least Dan and the previous con speaker made these 'officials' doubly aware.

Call me paranoid if you want but I can forsee this being used as a purported 'the locals want/demand it' scenario for future legislation. Additionally, the con speakers raised some valid points on how will this office and "GRANTS" they're going to give out, be paid for?

Note: those moms demand action were at this hearing as well like they were at the meetings yesterday with their bright red t-shirts. More of their yada yada bs but they were there, up front and visible. That's where we, as responsible law abiding gun owners, need to be in order to carry our message to the politicians.

Some of us don't live in/around Olympia and can't afford to attend these hearings.

Dan

I think they already have a group like this. It might be called "The Anti-2A Legislators Group"

Edited for the sensitive folks, but we know who is responsible for these bills in WA and OR with very few exceptions. Thank you Sen. Betsy Johnson.

Last Edited:
So, they want to create a tax payer funded bureaucracy to further their infringement on the God given, constitutionally enumerated right of those very same tax payers to keep and bear arms. Of course "gun violence" perpetrated by gangs must be omitted from their consideration. They are going to need those gang bangers shooting everywhere, 24/7 so they can use that to make the point that guns are evil and scare the clueless masses (sheeple) into voting for every anti gun measure they put forward.

Once again...

Irritation factor: 10
Surprise factor: 0

You can listen to the discussion in the Law & Justice Committee (yes it's an oxymoron) about creating a NEW Agency in the State named...Washington office of firearm violence prevention that was discussed on 1/21/2020 here. Start at 1:27:23 with the staff report that precedes the testimony.

From the bill
15 NEW SECTION. Sec. 3. (1) The Washington office of firearm16violence prevention is created within the department for the purposes of coordinating and promoting effective state and local efforts to reduce firearm violence.​

(7) The office shall form a grant selection advisory committee including, without limitation, persons who have been impacted by violence, formerly incarcerated persons, and persons with direct experience in implementing evidence-based violence reduction initiatives, including initiatives that incorporate public health and community-based approaches.​

(IMHO) On its face, it doesn't scream out like it's onerous in some manner or form. Read the bill (4 pages long) and then imagine someone like ferguson, inslee or even jinkins leading the office.
ferguson & inslee are already pushing the legislature with their anti-gun stance and I can only surmise the head of this new agency, appointed by the governor, will be using this new agency to make 'local based recommendations' to the legislature.
I liked the comments from the bill supporters about we're not focusing or including gang activity in this. (around 1:43) Say WHAT? They're not going to include gang activity into their 'research' about gun violence? I guess that pretty much sums up the intent of, 'just give us money for whatever'.

On the other hand, the speaker for the con (around 1:44) starts out making some VERY good points about the fiscal aspects and finishes as well or better then his start.

Interesting how most every supporting speaker was from king county.. but... keep on til 1:54 for another con side. The NRA speaker made some good factual points. Dan Mitchell, from Sporting Systems, made some really valid points on this entire agency being made up of political appointees with no accountability. Ya think? At least Dan and the previous con speaker made these 'officials' doubly aware.

Call me paranoid if you want but I can forsee this being used as a purported 'the locals want/demand it' scenario for future legislation. Additionally, the con speakers raised some valid points on how will this office and "GRANTS" they're going to give out, be paid for?

Note: those moms demand action were at this hearing as well like they were at the meetings yesterday with their bright red t-shirts. More of their yada yada bs but they were there, up front and visible. That's where we, as responsible law abiding gun owners, need to be in order to carry our message to the politicians.

Some of us don't live in/around Olympia and can't afford to attend these hearings.

Dan
I believe that part of the motivation behind this type of bill is to deflect blame away from the legislators. They may not want us to think that they are constantly thinking about ways to deprive us of our freedoms (they are) but that the citizens are crying out for solutions to these issues.

Last Edited:
This is just more B.S. brought to you by Turd Ferguson & Aintgotacluesey (Inslee) funded by Bloomberg ! Its going to take a rally the size of Virginia's AND voting the Democrats OUT to keep our 2A RIGHTS !!!

This is just more B.S. brought to you by Turd Ferguson & Aintgotacluesey (Inslee) funded by Bloomberg ! Its going to take a rally the size of Virginia's AND voting the Democrats OUT to keep our 2A RIGHTS !!!
Who are the most vulernable antis that could easily be replaced with pro2A candidates?

Last Edited:
It's easy to say voting out the antis is the solution but lots of 2A supporting residents don't have any Pro2A candidate options in their districts. We need a strategy for these people so they can contribute to helping in purple districts where Pro2A candidates could realistically win.

you are absolutely correct and the problem lies in not having the candidates that are pro2A with enough statewide exposure. The only 2 that I see are Loren Culp in Eastern Washington to run against Inslee and Brett Rogers to run for attorney general.NEITHER have enough exposure!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top