JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is BAD information there. ANY shotgun with barrel(s) under 18" in length IS an NFA firearm.

I believe my statement is correct regarding WA law. The Serbu Super Shorty is a "factory short shotgun type weapon", but since it was never made from a shotgun it is legal in WA. It's not a shotgun per se, it's an AOW.

I shouldn't have said "they aren't covered under NFA" however, but my point was that you can buy them over the counter in WA, unlike other NFA weapons such as SBR and SBS.

The WA Attorney General already said these weapons are not SBS under WA law back in 2007.

<broken link removed>

In summary, the weapons described in the attachments to your request are not "short-barreled shotguns" under state law, because they were never intended to be shoulder-fired and therefore were never "shotguns" as defined in state law. An originally-manufactured firearm with the hybrid characteristics of a pistol, rifle, and/or shotgun does not meet the statutory definition of a shotgun if, when manufactured, it did not possess all the characteristics of a shotgun and therefore would not be properly classified as a "short-barreled shotgun."

I believe my statement is correct regarding WA law. The Serbu Super Shorty is a "factory short shotgun type weapon", but since it was never made from a shotgun it is legal in WA. It's not a shotgun per se, it's an AOW.

I shouldn't have said "they aren't covered under NFA" however, but my point was that you can buy them over the counter in WA, unlike other NFA weapons such as SBR and SBS.

The WA Attorney General already said these weapons are not SBS under WA law back in 2007.

<broken link removed>

The reason your pic is wrong it is says "non-NFA" AOW absolutely IS an NFA item and requires the SAME paperwork and transfer process of any other NFA item.

You are absolutely right about them not being SBS, they never were. Again in red above, you can NOT buy them "over the counter". They ARE an NFA item and require ALL the same paperwork and transfer. The only thing that is different about AOW is fact they only require a $5 transfer tax.

ALL NFA items have the same requirement for transfer and registration. It does not mater what item it is or who is it going to. Even LEO, dealers, makers, wholesalers, ect ALL have to do the paperwork (varying forms) and wait for approval to come back.

I just called the Governor's office to see if there was a tentative schedule for action on this one. I was told that 02-April at 3:00PM is when Inslee is slated to take action.

I would strongly recommend that people contact their local legislator to remind the Governor's office the size of margin that the bill passed by, and by vetoing it he is going against the overwhelming will of representatives who are advocating for their citizens.

Personally I think we are probably better off just letting him sit on it. His most likely course of action is to do nothing (in which case it will become law by default) or to Veto it. It is very worrisome that he plans to act on it on April 2nd. Signing it is his least likely course of action.

Gregoire did sign the suppressor bill. I'm not saying he isn't gonna sign this, I'm just concerned lol.

Thought it wasn't. My error.

Some one said they talked to Gregoire's advisor and it sounds like it will be signed. Really glad it's finally moving in a good direction.. Now on to MG and SBS.

To be clear if we let I-594 become law we are instantly on defense. They will immediately begin the march to make Washington like California. If you have resources or time it is critical we stop 594.

To be clear if we let I-594 become law we are instantly on defense. They will immediately begin the march to make Washington like California. If you have resources or time it is critical we stop 594.

True,,,,,,,, but are you posting on the correct thread???? This one is about 5956, the SBR law, which has nothing to do with 594. There is a whole thread about 594/591.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top