JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a savage 30-30 model 99 that was my grandpa's that was burned in a house fire. I would like to see if it could be rebuilt as to give to my dad. I'm not even sure if I have all of the parts, the fire was in 1983 so some of the parts might have been misplaced thru the years.

Do you intend to fire it? Disclaimer: i don't know what i'm talking about for sure. But, i would be concerned about the temper of the steel being altered in the house fire and making the action and barrel too weak to contain the pressure. I would seek some gunsmith advice if you intend to fire it for safety.

Its a cool gift idea, good luck!

I just reread my post, and it's kinda confusing as to what I'm asking. I would like to find a good gunsmith that has this kind of experience. I would also like to know if anyone knows of anywhere to get parts. I am planning on replacing the barrel, but the receiver I can re harden it, not to sure about the bolt. I believe the gun was made in 1904 and would like to make it as original as possible.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top