JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently got a cheap Savage 10-P SR in 308 Win (18in Heavy Barrel). Considering how much I paid for the rifle (plus some other valuables that came with the rifle), I did not have much expectation. My plan was to use the action for my first personal built. However, after a couple of range trips and some minor gunsmithing done by me, the rifle shoots like a beast. Thus, I am keeping this rifle, but I ordered a Bell & Carlson stock (see pic) and I also sent the bolt body for fluting. The new stock arrived today and I installed it without any hassle. The action perfectly fits and I did not have to do any inletting. However, this new stock does not have a hole for trigger guard screw. The trigger guard with bolt release assembly is now hold with just the action screw. Does the rear trigger guard screw really matter in Savage rifles? If it does, I could drill a small hole in the stock.

Cheers,

Dan

20220423_193958.jpg

Bell and Carlson are amazing stocks, I'd reach out to them and ask this question. If they didn't get back in an orderly fashion, I'd very surprised.

You will have to drill it yourself. I have a B&C stock on a savage and had to. Didn't think much of it, now looks like that's just how it is. The screw you're talking about does not hold the action to the stock, just keeps the trigger guard from wiggling

You will have to drill it yourself. I have a B&C stock on a savage and had to. Didn't think much of it, now looks like that's just how it is. The screw you're talking about does not hold the action to the stock, just keeps the trigger guard from wiggling
Thats pretty much what I read online. It looks I will have to drill a hole. At this point I will just shoot the rifle as is, and if the trigger guard starts wiggling I will drill a hole and torque the trigger guard screw. Action seems super tight and barrel is free of vertical stringing. I sent the bolt body for fluting, so I can't shoot the rifle until I get back the bolt body back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top