JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a savage 30-30 model 99 that was my grandpa's that was burned in a house fire. I would like to see if it could be rebuilt as to give to my dad. I'm not even sure if I have all of the parts, the fire was in 1983 so some of the parts might have been misplaced thru the years.

Do you intend to fire it? Disclaimer: i don't know what i'm talking about for sure. But, i would be concerned about the temper of the steel being altered in the house fire and making the action and barrel too weak to contain the pressure. I would seek some gunsmith advice if you intend to fire it for safety.

Its a cool gift idea, good luck!

I just reread my post, and it's kinda confusing as to what I'm asking. I would like to find a good gunsmith that has this kind of experience. I would also like to know if anyone knows of anywhere to get parts. I am planning on replacing the barrel, but the receiver I can re harden it, not to sure about the bolt. I believe the gun was made in 1904 and would like to make it as original as possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top