JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Court overturns conviction of man who said he was Sasquatch

an Oregon man attacked a hunter while claiming to be a Sasquatch.

Washington County deputies arrested Norgren in October 2013, saying the 20-year-old was naked when he hit a 58-year-old hunter with a rock and tried to choke him in woods west of Portland.

Despite suffering multiple injuries, the hunter, Jeff McDonald, fought back and held his attacker at gunpoint until authorities arrived. Norgren was lying in a fetal position.
McDonald told The Oregonian/OregonLive after the trial that he asked Norgren during their struggle: "Why are you trying to kill me?" He said Norgren replied, "'Sasquatch kills the hunter.'"

Jurors convicted Norgren of assault and attempted murder, and Washington County Judge Thomas Kohl sentenced him to 10 years in prison.

2013:
Linus Norgren, accused of naked attack on hunter, charged with attempted murder

Washington County Sheriff's Office says naked man mentioned Sasquatch prior to attack on hunter

This not B.S. a year or two or maybe more there was a guy up by Whitefish Montana that would get drunk and put on a Sasquatch costume and run across the hwy at night infront of cars till the day he got hit by a car and died LOL SASQUATCH IS DEAD HE WAS KILLED IN MONTANA A FEW YEAR'S AGO

WTF:confused:

This hunter would have shot Sasquatch!!
Well you can say that but if you were in the woods and saw something walking like a human world you shoot it and if so let me know where you hunt at so I can stay away from that area lol obviously if it's attacking you your going to defend yourself but you have to consider the following anti hunters will go to to stop hunting there are crazy people out there just like in the city if your going to drop the hammer on someone or something you better know if is good bad real or fake or whatever or face 8 to 16 for manslaughter

DSC06041.jpg
Backup pistols...You say Joe?
Yeah these might work...:D
Andy
That's what backup pistols are for Andy;)

Well you can say that but if you were in the woods and saw something walking like a human world you shoot it and if so let me know where you hunt at so I can stay away from that area lol obviously if it's attacking you your going to defend yourself but you have to consider the following anti hunters will go to to stop hunting there are crazy people out there just like in the city if your going to drop the hammer on someone or something you better know if is good bad real or fake or whatever or face 8 to 16 for manslaughter

I also carry a BUG, as well as an entrenching tool... all stated problems solved.

:D

Last Edited:

So couple things. I always carry a side arm in the woods so if I would have seen a naked man walking towards me I would have demanded he stop or I would protect myself. If he kept coming at me then he would have gone down. There are ways to do things properly. Two I always have a hunting buddy with me so you get a hold of that person on a two way radio (probably laughing my azz off at first ) telling him to get his azz to you so you have a witness.

I sure as hell wouldn't let some crazed dumb azz walking the woods naked get anywhere near me. Especially not knowing what his intentions are.

I also carry a BUG, as well as an entrenching tool... all stated problems solved.

:D
JUST remember if there is one crazy person in the woods there is probably 2 and the other one has a I phone with a camera lol one hole too dig just became two and hope you catch him before he post whatever he filmed on FACEBOOK

Yeeeesh .... I've encountered some, eh-hem, unique individuals whilst out in the hinterland on more than one occasion. Thankfully, I haven't encountered a person this mentally deranged. It is good to hear the hunter made it out with minimal injuries.

P.S. Totally agree with @SKrueger. For a couple decades now, I always carry a holstered sidearm when out in the wild. You never know what crazy critter (slithering, four legged, or walking upright) one might find.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews