JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The March Rifleman has a full page ad for SAR USA. SAR9 pistol proven to be the best hand gun in the world by NATO's biggest army. The gun is made in Turkey and given todays politics, I wouldn't give Turkey the time of day. No idea who they are referring to as the biggest army.

We're the biggest army in NATO.....

The total of all U.S. Army in 2017 is listed at 1,018,000 members. That number includes regular, guard, and reserve.

Turkish land forces number 875,000 but if you add in the Gendarmerie, which is a branch of the Turkish land forces, you can add on another 276,000 members for a total of 1,151,000.

So maybe they can make that claim? ???

It's an AD.........paid propaganda for and by the manufacturer of the gun. I take most of what I see or read in gun magazines with a large dose of skepticism......even if it as an actual article, the staff is influenced by ad buys. They do the same in one of My busisness, they write positive articles if I do a large ad buy.

The total of all U.S. Army in 2017 is listed at 1,018,000 members. That number includes regular, guard, and reserve.

Turkish land forces number 875,000 but if you add in the Gendarmerie, which is a branch of the Turkish land forces, you can add on another 276,000 members for a total of 1,151,000.

This paragraph on their wiki says otherwise, but who knows? Turkish Armed Forces - Wikipedia

4CDE73F0-F3E8-48AC-A275-1EBC4E0810CF.jpeg

It sounds like they are adding active duty and reserves on the (evil) Turkish side but not on the American side. Numbers are easy to manipulate. The first time I was shot at in anger was while overflying Turkey en route to the Middle East.......1979 as I remember......I was never comfortable in Turkey, seldom slept, was always on alert.......then I learned that Elinore of Aquitaine was one of my distant grandmothers, she financed the first crusade and Nights Templar, led the 2nd crusade and was the mother of Richard the lionhearted. I guess I come by it naturally.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads