JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"While the gun itself looks similar to your more traditional pistol, Adam and Andy decided to completely rethink the bullet. Instead of lead, SALT fires a specialized round that's filled with a powerful toxin, opening up on impact, and causing anyone within the vicinity to become incapacitated. And due to the fact that the ammunition creates an incapacitating cloud, you don't necessarily have to hit your target to stop them. The Chicago-based designers have taken to IndieGoGo to fund their campaign."

http://hiconsumption.com/2015/10/salt-self-defense-gun/

Sounds like a 60's TV show weapon. Batman / Star Trek - Gas your opponents all the time.

Video at the link

Apparently some people had a problem with this:

Indiegogo Bans Non-Lethal SALT Gun |
Chicago Men Create False Sense Of Safety With Salt Gun ...

http://www.gizmag.com/salt-handgun-non-lethal-defense/40104/

Last Edited:
I dunno...

Could be very useful for police and military applications where civilian casualties are a major risk, if it actually works...

Being able to switch between lethal rounds and incapacitating rounds would be an issue I think, so gas grenades seem to fill the role already.

I can see someone walking right through that. I have been pepper balled... Gassed, tased, and batoned....

Batoned sucked. The rest were annoying. Tasers don't work if your wearing enough layers...

Damn cute girl hippies... Always suckering you into dangerous causes!

I can see someone walking right through that. I have been pepper balled... Gassed, tased, and batoned....

Batoned sucked. The rest were annoying. Tasers don't work if your wearing enough layers...

What the hell? Are you a career criminal? Ive lived a pretty wild life and I have never been none of those things:eek::eek:

I did see a paint ball gun market towards police forces. 2 magazines. One for the colored paint balls the other for pepper balls - that is the capsicum in the soap - you can't throw it back and it is hard to get off, so others want to stay away for a while.

But this thing is something else.

What the hell? Are you a career criminal? Ive lived a pretty wild life and I have never been none of those things:eek::eek:

I have been attacked by police in the Portland demonstrations. Pepper balls and Gassing...

I also was a witness to 3 Forestry cops knee drop an old lady's spine... That ended up having a gun to my face as I chewed that old woman beating coward out.. The. cops ended up shooting over 3500 pepperballs and shot a 9year old child in the right rib cage. That little boy will never trust Law Enforcement Officers again.

I have been tased. That was voluntary the first time. It was a little hard to walk and it lasted for about 3x as long as it should have been. It ended when I ripped the X26 unit out of his hand.

I do Filipino Martial arts.... So I get batoned on a regular basis....

I also have done bouncing and security.

The last time I did security I stopped a 65 year old man from being beaten to death by a 17 year old kid on meth that was also unbeknownst to me was robbing the old fart.

So I am no angel... But I am no saint... I am just way ballsier than nearly everyone. Oh and being Native American I will keep going...

Pink sent me a grand the night that my US Marine cousin lost both legs to 40lbs of high explosive. He lived...

I have been robbed and set a new record for catching the criminals... 5 mins. Oh and I also collected 7-8 DNA samples from the other suspects. Oh yeah they are all convicted and sentenced Via DNA...

Maybe you should get out and live life more... My Grandparents had better stories. All of them were bad@$$es.

Roflmao, I think IM has seen plenty enough in his life to have some stories.

He was gently poking fun at the way you stated your post - I read it the same way.

It's not an epeen thread after all.

I see at least one huge problem with this idea. Assuming you need to keep it loaded and charged with CO2, then how are they going to assure their customers that the CO2 won't leak out through the seals - just as pretty much every single CO2 powered airgun or paintball gun will do over time? So, someone breaks in, you grab the gun, no time to fumble with a CO2 cartridge, go to fire a round, and...nothing happens. Unless they've solved the problem of CO2 leakage, which is something that no other manufacturer seems to have done yet, then you're going to have to require users to maintain their guns by replacing CO2 cartridges on a regular basis.

I wonder what kind of liability insurance the company will carry to cover the first lawsuit that will come from the family of the person killed when this thing either malfunctions or fails to stop a dedicated bad guy. I don't think these two prima-donnas really have a clue what they're getting themselves into.

Use your $349 to buy a real defensive pistol and some ammo and learn how to use it.

I dunno...

Could be very useful for police and military applications where civilian casualties are a major risk, if it actually works...

Being able to switch between lethal rounds and incapacitating rounds would be an issue I think, so gas grenades seem to fill the role already.

That would be my thought. If the thing is really effective, could have some real use for LEO.

Maybe you should get out and live life more... My Grandparents had better stories. All of them were bad@$$es.

Getting beat with a baton, pepper sprayed and tazed is not my idea of "living life" or a good time :D Nor is getting a ride in the back of a cruiser with silver bracelets.

And pretty sure I got better stories than your grandparents.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top