JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what your saying is there is a free Stihl sitting around up on Salmonberry road area!

Just kidding, I'll keep my eye out for it. Might be in that area later this week and I'll definitely keep an eye out for it if you don't find it before then.

It's been picked up.. The first pit. A couple guys pulled in while I was leaving.. and you couldn't miss the thing. You'd have to be a retard, not to see it.

Dang, sorry it's gone. It's better to lose a saw as a lesson than a firearm left behind. Just a reminder to always police the area before leaving.
My dad built me a resetting steel target and I drive off and left it. I went back and there were several people using it. It got ugly when I tried to take it home but when they saw my last name welded into the back of it they shut up real quick.
We've all done it, left stuff behind. Please give everything a once over before hitting the road. I hope whoever picked it up is actively trying to find its owner!

Thanks for the kind insight.. I should do both.. we'd my name in plates, and scout the area.
We used it to get in-stuck. It was kind of a sidetrack mission, aside from our shooting area.
Either way.. I am glad to have learned the lesson, with all my guns in the safe today.

Last year or the year before some one left a pistol behind.

My grandson set a pistol down a couple of years ago. Getting ready to leave I noticed it gone. He went to the upper pit on 435th and found it where he left it.

Don't feel bad, at least two folks on this website have left suppressors up in Tillamook. Sadly only one was returned to its owner.

That's true.. actually my dad (certified arborist tree removal/trimmer), has recovered his entire set of saws this way. Found them all at one pawn shop, many years ago.

Sorry to hear of this loss. I'm paranoid about leaving stuff behind. I count guns as I put them away. Then when I leave, I stop a little ways down the road, get out, and physically touch each gun again. My most recent loss, a swinging steel target left behind (that a ranger gave me that someone else left behind), and a partial box of 28 gauge shells.

Years ago, my dad had a brand new movie camera that he left on top of a car and drove away. I had a nice, new Seiko wrist watch that my wife gave me about 40 years ago. I went to work on a car, took the watch off and left it on the fender. Went for a test drive and never saw the watch again. It was about a week old.

That's true.. actually my dad (certified arborist tree removal/trimmer), has recovered his entire set of saws this way. Found them all at one pawn shop, many years ago.
Did he have to pay for them? After my house was robbed a few years ago, I went looking for my stuff in this way. One pawn broker told me he'd be glad to let me know if any of my stuff turned up, but I'd have to buy anything that came in. Seems a shame if you have to pay to get your own stuff back. On the other hand, you can't expect them to just hand over anything they've gone out of pocket for.

It might still be worthwhile tho to help you identfy who took them, as I believe the pawn broker must take identfying information from the seller. But then what do you do? It's not like the cops are going to care about a simple theft.

My range has you put in your phone # at every check in. Wife asked me one time why they want this. I told her ask the girl at the counter how many times a week people leave and someone walks up with a gun or range bag and such that was left at the lane. That's why they ask for your phone# ;)
I am so scared I will do this I find myself looking over the place a couple times after I pack up to make sure I don't have to come back later all red faced asking if anyone found one of my guns. :D

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the late 1950's, and I lived in North Wales. My grandad had died back in February 1951, but his sister, Fanny-Jane, and her three sons lived in a big old farmhouse down a lane in Caerestyn. She was a widow, whose husband gone gone down to his shift a Gresford colliery in 1934, and with around 350 others, had never come back up. Anyhoo, I was bored fartless of the effort of speaking non-stop Welsh and went for a stroll down the lane - something I'd often do on our visits.

About a hundred yards from the house, there was a break in the high hedge, and a wooden crossing stile. Up I got and sat on it, 'to view the fields and to take the air', as the Luke of the Dubliners used to sing. Looking around, I saw what looked like a bunch of broken clay pipes all tangled up in the roots around the style, and getting down to have a closer look, found an old and fairly rusty kitchen knife, as well as the broken bits of old clay pipe.

Being only a young boy, and filled with excitement at my find, I went rushing back to the house with my treasures. Great-Aunt Fan took one look at the knife and had to sit down, all of a faint. 'I last saw knife when your grandad took it away to use when he made the stile', she said. 'And the broken clay pipes are what he used to smoke when he was here doing odd jobs for me, now your great-uncle has gone [this was thirty-five years after he died, mind]. It appears that my grandad, a keen pipe smoker, used to buy penny pipes - ready-filled clay pipes that you smoked and broked. He's used a few while making that stile all those years before.

I still use the knife in the garden - it reminds me on the only grandad I ever knew, the kindest and most caring man, who formed my young life all those years ago - I was a month away from my fifth birthday when he died, and hardly a day goes by without me thinking of him.

Last Edited:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the late 1950's, and I lived in North Wales. My grandad had died back in February 1951, but his sister, Fanny-Jane, and her three sons lived in a big old farmhouse down a lane in Caerestyn. She was a widow, whose husband gone gone down to his shift a Gresford colliery in 1934, and with around 350 others, had never come back up. Anyhoo, I was bored fartless of the effort of speaking non-stop Welsh and went for a stroll down the lane - something I'd often do on our visits.

About a hundred yards from the house, there was a break in the high hedge, and a wooden crossing stile. Up I got and sat on it, 'to view the fields and to take the air', as the Luke of the Dubliners used to sing. Looking around, I saw what looked like a bunch of broken clay pipes all tangled up in the roots around the style, and getting down to have a closer look, found an old and fairly rusty kitchen knife, as well as the broken bits of old clay pipe.

Being only a young boy, and filled with excitement at my find, I went rushing back to the house with my treasures. Great-Aunt Fan took one look at the knife and had to sit down, all of a faint. 'I last saw knife when your grandad took it away to use when he made the stile', she said. 'And the broken clay pipes are what he used to smoke when he was here doing odd jobs for me, now your great-uncle has gone [this was thirty-five years after he died, mind]. It appears that my grandad, a keen pipe smoker, used to buy penny pipes - ready-filled clay pipes that you smoked and broked. He's used a few while making that stile all those years before.

I still use the knife in the garden - it reminds me on the only grandad I ever knew, the kindest and most caring man who formed my young life all those years ago - I was a month away from my fifth birthday when he died, and hardly a day goes by without me thinking of him.
Thanks for the stellar share! Cheers, old bean! :s0155:

Years ago, my dad had a brand new movie camera that he left on top of a car and drove away. I had a nice, new Seiko wrist watch that my wife gave me about 40 years ago. I went to work on a car, took the watch off and left it on the fender. Went for a test drive and never saw the watch again. It was about a week old.
Big bummer!

About 30yrs ago, the wife and I left Brookings to backpack to Strawberry Lake, a nice mountain lake just off the Smith River in N Cal. When the weekend was over and we hiked back to the car, I removed the .22 Ruger Bearcat that she had given me one Christmas (back when she still loved me) from my backpack belt and set it on the truck. When I got home, I realized I didn't have it.

Couldn't go back to the trailhead til the next weekend. Looked all around, and drove down the road looking while the wife walked. I told her we'd never find it, as when it fell on the road, somebody would pick it up right away and that would be that. After a few miles of driving, I went back to pick up the wife.... oh my, she had found the pistol in it's holster laying under a bush on the side of the road. Nobody driving the road had seen it! Holy moly, what a break!!!

Sorry for your loss!!!

I'm not pointing any fingers in any particular direction, but anybody in our gun club back around the late 90's will remember this.

It was Saturday, early afternoon, and I was going to shoot over on the open-to-air 25m range where we had hand-operated turning targets. Very handy, as it meant that just two shooters could use the range - one to shoot, and the other to RCO AND pull the crank that turned the target.

I was there first by about ten minutes, and as I was arriving, I saw a minibus from the local police shooting team leaving - the driver even waved at me as we passed each other - he with half a dozen of the SWAT team in the back, and me with nobody. At that time they paid a not inconsiderable amount of money to have a share in our facilities - with due notice, of course - a Saturday morning session was nothing out of the ordinary.

I signed the book and walked into the range, mentally and physically 'clearing it' as I did so. I then noticed a tatty-looking carboard box on the single long shooting bench that was the actual firing line. It was open-topped so I looked inside, only to see nine Glock pistols, and a bunch of magazines, and at least six white boxes of 9mm ammunition - just like the cheapo Winchester stuff you get from Walmart.

Hauling out my trusty cellphone, I called up the police HQ and asked to speak to the duty armourer, only to find that he was one of the guys on the bus. The operator called him, and he called me back.

'What's up, t?' I advised him that now would be a really good time to count his pistols, magazines and ammunition. 'Oh s***' was all I heard, and then the line went dead.

About twenty minutes later, the minibus did a Keystone Cops gravel-assisted halt in the parking lot, he came running over to the range, looked at me, picked up the box and ran off at a high rate of knots, back to the van. Another spurt of gravel and they had gone.

Nothing was ever said thereafter, by anybody, which is why I'm not saying where it happened, BUT, a month later, same venue, and one of the high-speed pursuit cars drove off with that same box still on the roof........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top