JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm honestly surprised there is so much left on it. I recall a similar Jeep left on the Timber Junction road last year and in two weeks, most of it was stripped.

Has anyone reported the plate to OSP? It needs to be hauled off before someone shoots it or it leaks its fluids into the ground.

Here's the video recording of us going to the Abandoned Car Spot:

Here's that same car on July 21st 2018 (I think it's the same car but in a different location)

I checked some of my video footage from August 5th and noticed the car wasn't at the July 21st spot when we drove by. So, it must have been moved back there for a while now.

Last Edited:
Does anyone know of this forest is still open? Or closed for fire danger?

Thanks!
Tillamook is open but not recommended.

It's best during the dry season to only shoot at rock pits or designated places like Wolf Creek.

Please have water, a shovel, and a fire extinguisher if you go.

Tillamook is open but not recommended.

It's best during the dry season to only shoot at rock pits or designated places like Wolf Creek.

Please have water, a shovel, and a fire extinguisher if you go.

I always have all that stuff in my truck :) put out an abandoned flared up camp fire last time I shot on Larch. I know exactly where I am going to shoot if I can get it. Full rock pit.

Thanks for the update.

I was out there yesterday for the first time, and every spot was full.
And a mess.
Oh,and to the Russian and East Coast dude who were at the very first spot off of 26 (we waited for you to finish up)
Thank you for your help and somewhat friendly demeanor.

I was out there yesterday for the first time, and every spot was full.
And a mess.
Oh,and to the Russian and East Coast dude who were at the very first spot off of 26 (we waited for you to finish up)
Thank you for your help and somewhat friendly demeanor.
Do you recon this area would be fit for a clean up in time?

Do you recon this area would be fit for a clean up in time?

Absolutely!
The bad part,in my mind,is that the shooting spots are so spread out.
I saw at least 5 spots where people have been shooting,and all are pretty bad.
We went about a mile up and ended up on Wheeler Pond Road.

I'm on the east side and usually patronize Mt Hood National Forest,so I dont know Salmonberry well..

Absolutely!
The bad part,in my mind,is that the shooting spots are so spread out.
I saw at least 5 spots where people have been shooting,and all are pretty bad.
We went about a mile up and ended up on Wheeler Pond Road.

I'm on the east side and usually patronize Mt Hood National Forest,so I dont know Salmonberry well..
No worries we know the area well and have cleaned it a number of times.

@Cogs sounds like Salmonberry is on the map for a clean up for sure.

No worries we know the area well and have cleaned it a number of times.

@Cogs sounds like Salmonberry is on the map for a clean up for sure.
Gettin tired of cleaning up the same old places we've done before, but, if it needs it, we should do it.

I would hope we'd get our message through, that we gotta clean up after we shoot! I care less about what you shoot, (unless it's trees, garbage or explosives), but care more about leaving it out there for all to see. Makes us all look really bad. And we don't like that!

But yeah, I'm up for a random act of cleanup! Cleanups do send a message and one we need to send. Let's do it!

I feel you on the same old spots! However it's a good thing it's the same old spots and not new places all over!

I feel you on the same old spots! However it's a good thing it's the same old spots and not new places all over!

true, but are they ever gonna close that one spot (3rd?) that everyone uses that has no backstop?
(Its a short dead end pullout on the right I think just befor the jct to the gravel pit....)

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top