Separate names with a comma.
Weren't me. I was at the North Fork lanes today.
I was up there yesterday too and noticed the same thing at that first lane. We arrived pretty early and there was a guy stapling 2 targets to the snag at the end. When we returned later that afternoon I noticed he left them behind.
looks like they bermed off that small pullout that was good for pistol shooting. Too bad we lost one to trash target shooters.
BDA if that was you that drove up and turned around where we were shooting I woulda said hello We didn't stay much longer...
I hope nobody else finds that spot though... ...theres already a small pile of trash there
I dont know who did it, but Salmonberry was the cleanest I have ever seen last weekend. At least the first spot.
In all the years I've been by there, I don't ever recall it being trash free like that. Thanks to the person(s) responsible for clearing that spot out...
That is very impressive. On occasion I've picked up about 1% of the trash in that area, whoever managed the other 99% deserves incredible respect.
the best shooting spot I ever had the pleasure of visiting was an old homestead dump on my cousins family pheasant ranch south of The Dalles... lots of stuff to shoot at, no need to pick up, and ground squirrel dens everywhere! I only had a 10/22 with irons with me at the time, but what a good time!
shotgun shooters are the worst for litter... same day we had to spend a couple hours picking up after a trap shoot I was there to pull for. It wouldn't have been so bad if I reloaded SG because the hulls were all from very expensive ammo.
You'd think with thier $10,000 overunders, and buck a round ammo, those guys would tip thier puller well... NOPE.
I have this little area close to me that's off of a gated Logging Road where I go to pick up brass and get some exercise because it's walk into there.
I would say that the shotgunners are the worst offending shooting slobs out there, not to be outdone by the bottle shooting trash leaving Neanderthals that frequent the area also.
I have taken my rake, trash bags and large buckets out there and raked up all the shotgun shells, picked up countless numbers of bags of trash and hauled them out of there, 4 times!!!
I sometime want to never go back but really love the piles of LC 5.56 brass that someone is nice enough to leave...
Here's to all decent folks out there who care enough to get their hands dirty for a valiant cause.
YEP, that was me! I wont tell anyone your secret spot! My buddies were camped not to far away from there
Hey guys, just moved to beaverton and need a spot close by to shoot. I do alot of load development so 100 yards is crucial for my rifles.
Does Salmonberry have benches to shoot off of? Or any kind of platform to sit and shoot?Or I need to bring my own?
I found a breakfast nook bench in the woods once, does that count?
You will need to bring your own
Lane 4 at North Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Tillamook State Forest is near on 100yds. No bench, but there are cement highway bollards set up as such, just put a foam mat down.
Just off the 26, from Beaverton I'd think it would be a little closer than Salmonberry rd (but we have never actually been to salmonberry).
Is this were the gravel pit is up the road aways ? I know it is a working pit. I am always leery of log trucks on that road.
How is this area looking lately? Is it a good alternative if North Fork gets full?
The first lane was recently cleaned by Oregon Hunters Association.
There are about two decent lanes and the pit. All have good earthy backstops. The pit being the most ideal place to shoot.
I can’t say they are as good as Wolf Creek, especially with the dry weather, but just about any rock query is your friend when it gets hot and dry like it has been lately.
Be safe, bring a shovel, fire extinguisher and water.
Most important, have fun!
I believe this part is law now isn't it @Reno911 ? If the SHEERIF comes along you might get a citation? And NOT a citation for being a great individual, but for not having those fire suppression tools.
I do believe this to be correct...
I carry shovel, rake, water, extinguisher and trash bags whenever I go shooting, even in the middle of the rainy season, it’s just habit...
Yes, there are requirements to bring fire combatants.
I highly recommend a fire extinguisher and a decent shovel.
Both can be had for under $40 on Amazon.
If you don't already have a fire extinguisher and a shovel, you should probably be thinking about what you're doing with your life...
Just make sure to bring it with you, especially in fire season.
It's Super Clean.
I went a few days ago. Someone forgot their Pinata at the spot I went to. Also a bunch of soda cans and paper targets here and there.