JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
I believe the specific event that PBP is referring to is a past event (I believe last year? I wasn't there) where a guy some referred to as Confederate Fat Elvis gave a religious tirade that I think even many religious folks were somewhat uncomfortable with. I assume (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) that this was his primary objection. He then stated earlier that after looking over the Facebook page he didn't want to get involved due to folks pushing religion at this rally.

I never found any indication on the Facebook page that there were ever any plans to bring a speaker like Confederate Fat Elvis, or to make any religious boasts. I can only assume he was led to the conclusion that what happened before will happen again.

He appeared to me to be referring to something new that he saw online. I did not see any reference that he made to past events.

I guess that only God and Playboy Penguin know what he was referring to.

Which is sort of ironic, no? :)

I believe the specific event that PBP is referring to is a past event (I believe last year? I wasn't there) where a guy some referred to as Confederate Fat Elvis gave a religious tirade that I think even many religious folks were somewhat uncomfortable with. I assume (and he can correct me if I'm wrong) that this was his primary objection. He then stated earlier that after looking over the Facebook page he didn't want to get involved due to folks pushing religion at this rally.

I never found any indication on the Facebook page that there were ever any plans to bring a speaker like Confederate Fat Elvis, or to make any religious boasts. I can only assume he was led to the conclusion that what happened before will happen again.

Like I said earlier though, I don't care what religious or non-religious persuasion folks down there, and I don't care if they choose to mention it in their speeches. I'm going to stand for my rights - the 2nd, the 1st and any others I feel are important. I never expect that I'll be in 100% in agreement with every person that gets up to speak or every person I meet. It's a diverse group of people, but given those diverse beliefs, we should be able to come together under the common umbrella of standing for our 2nd amendment rights.

Some people are so terrified of hearing any religious comments they almost act as though they are on fire.

We all, and they all, have freedom of speech and anyone can listen or not listen to what ever they wish as no one is tied down and force fed anything.

The point of the rally is to make a stand in defense of the 2nd and the foundation it secures. All the rest is actually a part of its beginnings, but some people just have to have their own narrow view, and it does no one any justice.

The ones that scream tolerance the loudest are the ones that have none for anyone else !!!!

Last Edited:
Personally, I'd love to sit down to coffee with PBP someday (I'd buy, of course). I think he'd be an interesting guy to chat with. I actually enjoy talking with folks who have a different point of view than I do, I usually learn something in the process. I wouldn't expect to change his mind (nor would I try), but it might be interesting to get more back story about his concerns. Maybe he'll take me up on the coffee offer sometime.

So you answer my questions with a question? I was interested in taking a look at this myself, so I could make up my own mind regarding this matter.

That is why I wanted to know where on Facebook to go to in order to see what everyone is referring to.

Well, I answered your question in the post you quoted so...

It doesn't have anything to do with what I think. It has been the norm. The inability of the organizers and the attendees to stay on message and not alienate a large portion of potential supporters because they cannot separate their religion from anything else is not my issue.

I'm a firm Christian believer. Let me clear that out right now. 100%.

I am with PBP 100%.

It bothers me that the groups spearheading this are alienating (did in the last rally at the Capitol in 2013) people who don't believe like I do. Yeah I'll agree but I'll also think about the 20%+ who have decided not to attend.

Truth is these need to stay focused on "unalienable rights" and use the words in our Constitution and BOR.

Sorry gents. PBP, I'll still watch your prettying up a Glock videos across the isle on the religious spectrum as I do laugh. :)

Well, I answered your question in the post you quoted so...

No you didn't. I was trying to find out where on Facebook you were referring to, so I could look at the post first hand myself.

I still do not know what was specifically said, nor who said it. How can anyone judge this matter without being able to see for themselves the post in question?

What is the big secret here?? Why cannot you divulge what it is that you are referring to?

I don't think he is saying he doesn't want to be around them, I think he is saying he doesn't want to hear what they have to say.....feels like he is in a captive audience

I don't think he is saying he doesn't want to be around them, I think he is saying he doesn't want to hear what they have to say.....feels like he is in a captive audience

I understand as there are certain people I may not want to hear from as well, I think we all do. But I'm capable of turning my attention elsewhere during that time. I'd really rather be there to show support than not be there. I hope anyone who may be on the fence for similar reasons will be able to look past any of those concerns themselves and just be there to support the constitution and the 2nd.

Yeah it's not that hard really, when I watch tv I spend more time waiting through more commercials I don't want to hear than it takes for a speaker to complete their speech .......usually things in life don't go through 100% the way I want them to go so I adapt and move on ....no big deal, speak your mind and move on

No you didn't. I was trying to find out where on Facebook you were referring to, so I could look at the post first hand myself.

I still do not know what was specifically said, nor who said it. How can anyone judge this matter without being able to see for themselves the post in question?

What is the big secret here?? Why cannot you divulge what it is that you are referring to?

https://www.facebook.com/events/882773421735610/

This is the facebook link on the very first post of the thread. Scroll down until you see the religious article about Christian Persecution in Iran posted by William LeSalle. I didn't realize you were too lazy to look at the facebook page yourself, I thought you were questioning if I thought they were actually linked and I had previously stated no. It would have been easier for you to just LOOK at their facebook rather post 3 times for me to find it for you.

https://www.facebook.com/events/882773421735610/

This is the facebook link on the very first post of the thread. Scroll down until you see the religious article about Christian Persecution in Iran posted by William LeSalle. I didn't realize you were too lazy to look at the facebook page yourself, I thought you were questioning if I thought they were actually linked and I had previously stated no. It would have been easier for you to just LOOK at their facebook rather post 3 times for me to find it for you.

Frankly, I wasn't going to join in on this and I normally like your posts, but I need to point out the following:
  • There are 95 posts on that FaceBook page.
  • William LaSalle who made that single post is not a host of that page.
  • The page is public meaning that ANYONE can post
  • Christians are being persecuted in MANY Islamic countries - or do you disagree? What if non-Christians were being persecuted, would that make it OK?
  • William LaSalle simply pointed out the religious persecution. He did not exactly Bible thump EDIT: When I expanded his post he did go on for a Loooooong time. Fortunately, he is not on the list of speakers.
So, given those FACTS, what's your point?

Last Edited:
Let me clarify.

How is saying that you cannot stand to be around Christians any different than a person saying that they cannot stand to be around blacks, or be around gays?

I have been mulling around the idea of an essay on how to dominate the 2nd Amendment stance. How to make rallies big, gather support from everyone etc

What it doesn't include is isolating others who may differ on their view of homosexuality, God (notice I use G not g), Buddah, ethnicity and a myriad of other things than make "Eplurbus Unum".

Yet the majority appear to have faith in God (I'll let you fill in which one) and allow that to poke it's head up and say that if you don't believe you should be ostracized from the firearms community. Why? Because at "our rallies" we center around a "God given right of self preservation and defense" as it is alluded to in the Constitition.

Why not put religion, race, Prius or Chevy, queer or straight items aside and focus on the ONE topic at hand: we are being dissolved from WITHIN with this backbiting.

I'm sure MDA and Bloomberg don't care if you are a woman who likes the taco, a guy who likes Polish dogs or somebody who can't decide what bathroom to go into and while they are pinching off a huge loaf can't decide what god to pray to. They are UNITED in their front to do their best to squash is and they only need to sit back and let us destroy ourselves from within.

This rally (and all others like it) should be religion/race/relationship neutral. That's not why I'm going. I want my firearms to be passed down to my grandchildren and beyond.

I'll go to church tomorrow and listen to my pastor tell me about the Bible, I'll hang with my friends, go have some coffee, reach out to the lost and do my best to spread the Word as I see it.

But not at a gun rights rally.

Frankly, I wasn't going to join in on this and I normally like your posts, but I need to point out the following:
  • There are 95 posts on that FaceBook page.
  • William LaSalle who made that single post is not a host of that page.
  • The page is public meaning that ANYONE can post
  • Christians are being persecuted in MANY Islamic countries - or do you disagree? What if non-Christians were being persecuted, would that make it OK?
  • William LaSalle simply pointed out the religious persecution. He did not exactly Bible thump EDIT: When I expanded his post he did go on for a Loooooong time. Fortunately, he is not on the list of speakers.
So, given those FACTS, what's your point?

MTA, I have said several times I don't think there is a connection to that guy's post or that he had anything to do with the rally. I was pointing out that that was why PBP had an issue with it.

Furthermore, this rally is about the 2nd amendment, not religious persecution. Why would there be any need to post that? Honestly, having been to the Middle East, VERY few of them are willing to stand up for themselves when faced by persecution so, I have little empathy for their plight. The Kurds and the Israelis are about the only people over there with any balls IMO. That really has NOTHING to do with this rally or this post.

Recap for the reading impared:

PBP said he was annoyed by religious involvement in 2A gatherings
Peanut gallery decided to "rabble, rabble, rabble!"
Peanut gallery demanded explanation
I pointed out that the post on the facebook was where the connection came from, but it was from some random guy so PBP was safe.
Suddenly i'm hiding something about religion and apparently pro religious persecution???

for bubblegum sake people. ease up and read.

SOMEBODY OFFER A CROWD COUNT!
Images would be good for confirmation

Salem rally today highlights Oregon concerns

This morning's planned rights rally in Salem, Oregon highlights the concern of Beaver State gun owners who, as one activist put it, "have seen the travesty that is I-594 in Washington," and they hope to show lawmakers that gun control is a non-starter.

<broken link removed>

Fellas, couldnt make it good work came up and this time of year I REALLY need it.
My FULL support goes out to any there or who plan on heading there today.

Im very disappointed in myself, but I assure you Ill be at the next one when Im in a better financial situation.

We need to also get out and VOTE , look how we turned it around in the Last Election Cycle , don't let the naysayers (and folks here who just can't bring themselves to support a party with Fundy conservatives , so election cycle after election cycle they will vote exactly like Liberal Oriental Irvine California Soccer Moms who have a deep seated hatred of firearms (Unless its Royalty or the Government /Military who have them) deter you ...

Status

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top