JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Yeah, it was kinda weak. Weather was not friendly for an outdoor event. Got soaked to the bone.

image.jpg

Pretty lame, about what I expected! I'd say fluctuating between 90-120.
Got to meet some of the other members, that was nice.

Glock Jock, my pretty kisser is right in the middle of your photo!

:)

Nice! I was the guy in the black P-coat, Frontsight hat and umbrella that didn't keep me dry at all. I was not dressed for this occasion. :)

Pretty wet and windy but still a decent rally. At least one of the videos is up on Heirs of Patrick Henry website. And for what it's worth, there was an argument going on here about exemptions to the CHL requirements for walking into the capital with a firearm. Here's the sign posted near the doors:

Oregon Capitol firearms sign.jpg

Last Edited:
Just got back from Salem myself. My wife and daughter came down too, but my daughter woke up sick this morning, so they ended up staying in the car and riding it out for a while so I could be there for a bit. I'm a bit sick myself today, but spent about 2 hours there and got to hear a couple of the speakers. I was hoping to see far more people than actually showed up, pretty small rally I'm afraid. I'm guessing at least part of it was the weather, I got pretty soaked too, even with an umbrella, the rain was blowing sideways for at least part of the time.

I'm thankful to have been there, if just for a couple of hours, and I'm also thankful to everyone that did show up to stand up for their rights today. I noticed a number of folks looking down on the group from the capitol building. Seems like a couple were pointing and laughing, maybe they thought this was a funny gathering? If so, that's part of the problem, they don't take us seriously.

Well, this was my first rally on the steps of the capitol, I seriously doubt it will be my last.

IMG_4966a.JPG

IMG_4967a.JPG

IMG_4968a.JPG

Some good company there though. :)

Just really disappointed at how many actually came. I am really wondering if people even care anymore. Could not have proved it by today. Rain or no rain, even a thousand would have been a low turnout, but a little over a hundred ???????????
Comeon people. Ya all ready to just lay down your arms?????????? I don't get it anymore. :(

Was good to see you there Sarge. And thanks for the lead to the hot coffee :)

There were some here worried that this was going to be some sort of "guns for Jesus" rally. Didn't need to worry about bursting into flames since it was pretty much a 2A rally.

I showed up just after 9 AM. I spent some time outside, then went in and spoke with my Senator's staff until he came back from a meeting. I got about an hour of quality time along with another local businessman discussing 2A and tax issues. It sounds like the Republicans have a strong plan to deal with the D's despite their being badly outnumbered.

I went back outside about 11:30 and the rally was about the same. I stayed a while and left.

Everyone needs to contact their lawmakers and remind them that 2A issues are make/break for you. Many D's were able to dodge accountability for this last time around because they knew that Betsy Johnson would stop anything in the Senate. That gave them a "get-out-of-jail" card on those issues. This time around they don't have that cover, and already some are backing off of tax increases and similar items. If we concentrate on those D's that don't have "safe" seats, they might not be able to get enough votes to move the legislation. This is already working against the tax proposals.

When I entered the Capitol, a Trooper asked if I had any weapons. I said "no" (which was true) and he waved me through. Not a thorough screening! :cool:

Some good company there though. :)

Just really disappointed at how many actually came. I am really wondering if people even care anymore. Could not have proved it by today. Rain or no rain, even a thousand would have been a low turnout, but a little over a hundred ???????????
Comeon people. Ya all ready to just lay down your arms?????????? I don't get it anymore. :(

Was good to see you there Sarge. And thanks for the lead to the hot coffee :)

Purely my pleasure!:)

I showed up just after 9 AM. I spent some time outside, then went in and spoke with my Senator's staff until he came back from a meeting. I got about an hour of quality time along with another local businessman discussing 2A and tax issues. It sounds like the Republicans have a strong plan to deal with the D's despite their being badly outnumbered.

I went back outside about 11:30 and the rally was about the same. I stayed a while and left.

Everyone needs to contact their lawmakers and remind them that 2A issues are make/break for you. Many D's were able to dodge accountability for this last time around because they knew that Betsy Johnson would stop anything in the Senate. That gave them a "get-out-of-jail" card on those issues. This time around they don't have that cover, and already some are backing off of tax increases and similar items. If we concentrate on those D's that don't have "safe" seats, they might not be able to get enough votes to move the legislation. This is already working against the tax proposals.

When I entered the Capitol, a Trooper asked if I had any weapons. I said "no" (which was true) and he waved me through. Not a thorough screening! :cool:

Yeah, Wife and I both wen in to the cafe downstairs and they never asked anything, just gave us directions. Then we met a friend and went in and got warmed up a little. OSP was all over, but just friendly and helpful. No issues anywhere. At least none we saw.

The only real issue was lack of attendance by a lot of lazy apathetic gun owners. :mad:

Last Edited:

When the group of three others and myself entered we were not questioned about weapons at all. Perhaps someone set the State Trooper streight. I believe the proper answer would be a polite, "not your business, I have a perfect right to carry in the Capitol building!"

I went in by myself and was never questioned. I did ask the LEOs at the door how they managed to draw the inside duty while others were outside in the rain. My representative was in meetings and I never did get the opportunity to meet her. Did have a chance to speak with her staff a little though.

Good to hear that the Dems understand that they don't have an easy fallback this time. Again, it's critical that your elected representatives, on both sides of the aisle, hear how we feel about these issues. No comment from us legitimizes their claims that everyone is in favor of UBCs, or any other laws on their agenda!

When the group of three others and myself entered we were not questioned about weapons at all. Perhaps someone set the State Trooper streight. I believe the proper answer would be a polite, "not your business, I have a perfect right to carry in the Capitol building!"

Yep, I didn't see them ask anyone actually. They had the tags for some but never saw them use any.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads