JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending on February 9th?

• Yes! Protecting our rights is of the utmost importance.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • No. But I will be contributing to the event's fundraiser.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can't make it.

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • No. It's not worth my time.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
We all thank you for your devotion to the 2nd Amendment.
I wish all Oregonians and Washingtonians would have half your drive.
Thank you and had a great time visiting with you. :D

I have to wonder what it is that makes me any different from all the other 2A supporters and it is that although I do get mad as Hell about what is happening, I also promise myself that I will do my part and get even with those who defy our rights (not violently but by a slow methodical approach).
In the end our rights WILL BE RESTORED!!!!

I thank you guys for signing my Doctors ~Pass~ I have now walked about a Total of twenty minutes for this day... Figure breakfast, get rid of coffee... Lunch, get rid of coffee...
... Get rid of Coffee...
Dinner.... Now get rid of chocolate milk...

And me, meh, I climbed telephone poles in Monsoons... Lived out the December 12, '95 storm... Laid up with a torn thigh MusCle, rain don't bother me... Really! I have run Gunnite in the rain! Heck, we gunnited a pool while it was starting to snow on us, we could not cancel, as we were "Booked" by the Major Contractor to do it ~then~ A Commercial Pool.

(We added "Pozzi & Calcium" so it was setting fairly fast, we could spray, do a first cut to shape the curves, and final trim... All Under 25 minutes!!!!)

I am so dawg gone sorry to have missed CaveMan, 3MTA3, & Taku/spouse.... But had I been able to drive there, I would not have been able to Walk after the drive!!!! Edited: And the Sarge!!!!

philip, just call me gimp legged. o_O

Don't worry Philip, I really am quite the boring fellow in real life, it's rather hard to live up to my Manly stature here on the net.....:p
The only drawback I have in crowds is there is too dang much noise going on and I CHS (can't hear schitz) Did well conversing in Paul's car but at the rally it was quite the chore comprehending the speakers.:(

A couple parking notes for the next rally:
  • The first place I parked had a 2 hour limit, but only allowed 36 minutes on the meter itself.
  • I found three hour max un-metered spaces two blocks away on State street, just after State and Church.
  • The orange meters had a 10 hour max time, but I don't know how many minutes you could buy at a time.
  • Walking back to the rally from my 3 hour spot I counted 4 parking tickets.

If you don't mind humping it six blocks or so, the roof level of the Macy's parking structure has $3 all-day parking. Or $1/hr for the first two hours.

I parked in front of the Oregon State Library other side the street 1/2 a block down 10 hr max parking.
I borrowed my eldest son's wheeled walker and my wife's oversize umbrella
I sat most of the time behind the guy with the two sided sign on a stick. Spent 11 bucks in quarters.
BoonDocks 36 I would have let you use the walker.

I was very disappointed in the turnout. Not as many booths and no food this year. The speakers were better though and I didn't get swept by a muzzle from atop the stairs.

Can we do one in the summer in a park like they do up in Vancouver. Open carry in the park with food and family. I bet a lot more would show up.

It really is a shame that the turnout was so poor. I was hoping for better. The weak turnout only emboldens the anti-gunners. One thing I wish I was seeing now instead of the minority that did attend patting themselves on the back and condemning those that didn't is everyone trying to decide why so few people want to be associated with the open movement at this time and try to fix it.

At least we know where we stand in this fight, right up front, and not patting ourselves on the back. We take pride in the efforts to live by the laws of the land but we'll be damned and will not comply with "UNJUST LAWS". That is our right too!!!
Why others do not seem to care, participate or have given up to the enemy completely is beyond belief. Time to put aside the petty differences and look at the BIG PICTURE!!!

I go to show my support and solidarity for the 2A, I go in support for those who couldn't go, just discouraged at the outcome and the lack of compassion. I applaud all those who braved the wind, rain and cold weather to make an appearance.
I just wonder if Pro 2A & Pro gun people just procrastinated too long and at the last minuet decided to go and couldn't get the day off, so much for planning skills. Need to think and plan ahead.
I bet that when they (GOV) make registration mandatory, affix healthy taxes, ban lead ammo, certain magazines and then come for their guns they will wake up.
Some need to be shown the way and then they will follow, well saddle up gents because it is time!!!!

Death by 1000 cuts from the bleeding hearts will be the death of our rights, or the start of a movement to take them back!!!

When the group of three others and myself entered we were not questioned about weapons at all. Perhaps someone set the State Trooper streight. I believe the proper answer would be a polite, "not your business, I have a perfect right to carry in the Capitol building!"

You might want to take a look at ORS 166.380 before you try the "none of your business" answer.

166.380¹
Examination of firearm by peace officer

• • arrest for failure to allow examination
(1)A peace officer may examine a firearm possessed by anyone on the person while in or on a public building to determine whether the firearm is a loaded firearm.

(2)Refusal by a person to allow the examination authorized by subsection (1) of this section constitutes reason to believe that the person has committed a crime and the peace officer may make an arrest pursuant to ORS 133.310 (Authority of peace officer to arrest without warrant). [1969 c.705 §3]

At least we know where we stand in this fight, right up front, and not patting ourselves on the back. We take pride in the efforts to live by the laws of the land but we'll be damned and will not comply with "UNJUST LAWS". That is our right too!!!
Why others do not seem to care, participate or have given up to the enemy completely is beyond belief. Time to put aside the petty differences and look at the BIG PICTURE!!!

I go to show my support and solidarity for the 2A, I go in support for those who couldn't go, just discouraged at the outcome and the lack of compassion. I applaud all those who braved the wind, rain and cold weather to make an appearance.
I just wonder if Pro 2A & Pro gun people just procrastinated too long and at the last minuet decided to go and couldn't get the day off, so much for planning skills. Need to think and plan ahead.
I bet that when they (GOV) make registration mandatory, affix healthy taxes, ban lead ammo, certain magazines and then come for their guns they will wake up.
Some need to be shown the way and then they will follow, well saddle up gents because it is time!!!!

Death by 1000 cuts from the bleeding hearts will be the death of our rights, or the start of a movement to take them back!!!
Yeah, you stand in a small little close minded circle with a few others that think just like you while alienating 90% of your allies. Allowing your blindness and pigheadedness to keep you from really achieving anything. Because of what I do I speak to literally thousands of gun people each week...and the VAST majority are sick of it and don't want to be associated with it. Good luck with that.

Yeah, you stand in a small little close minded circle with a few others that think just like you while alienating 90% of your allies. Allowing your blindness and pigheadedness to keep you from really achieving anything. Because of what I do I speak to literally thousands of gun people each week...and the VAST majority are sick of it and don't want to be associated with it. Good luck with that.

Would those be the same "gun owners" that will be standing in the gun registration lines, like Conn.? :s0021:

You might want to take a look at ORS 166.380 before you try the "none of your business" answer.

166.380¹
Examination of firearm by peace officer

• • arrest for failure to allow examination
(1)A peace officer may examine a firearm possessed by anyone on the person while in or on a public building to determine whether the firearm is a loaded firearm.

(2)Refusal by a person to allow the examination authorized by subsection (1) of this section constitutes reason to believe that the person has committed a crime and the peace officer may make an arrest pursuant to ORS 133.310 (Authority of peace officer to arrest without warrant). [1969 c.705 §3]
Good to know, thanks.

So yours (and with those thousands you speak with every week) idea to fight gun hating Democrat politicians is to stick your head in the sand and not stand your ground? I'd would sure love to hear of your plan to discourage the gun hating Democrat politicians to vote no on the gun bills they have stored in the capital building.....

Are you from California? OMG!!!

It really is a shame that the turnout was so poor. I was hoping for better. The weak turnout only emboldens the anti-gunners. One thing I wish I was seeing now instead of the minority that did attend patting themselves on the back and condemning those that didn't is everyone trying to decide why so few people want to be associated with the open movement at this time and try to fix it.

Well, you say the folks here that participated are going about it wrong. You say that they are alienating 90% of their allies. I wonder, and I'm being serious, not sarcastic here, what ideas do you have to offer, in a constructive way, to get that 90% involved? You've criticized this event for being too religious (which didn't happen) and today you're criticizing those who went as being boastful and going after those that didn't attend.

What can you offer that would make it shift so that the 90% would get involved? How about the 90% you say are complaining about the 10% stand up and do something about it? Or is it best they they sit home and choose to be silent because they don't like some of the group? It is difficult to know what the 90% wants when they sit back largely silent on the issue, save for a few, such as yourself that criticize those that are getting involved.

What is it going to take to get honest participation from a much larger group of gun owners? If they don't like what groups like those assembled yesterday go about things, why aren't they organizing large groups of supporters to their own rallies? Why do they need to sit on the side and wait for the small group to do it exactly the way they want before they'll get involved?

As I stood there on Monday, I found myself looking around and thinking, maybe the fatigues and the rifles might be a bit off-putting to some. I didn't show up with a rifle over my shoulder, it's just not what I do. But as I looked around, I saw people peacefully gathered, from various walks of life, standing against the elements and a backdrop of legislators poised to take our rights out from underneath us, hoping they will make at least some kind of impact in preventing those actions. People were courteous, polite and friendly. How is it that 90% of 'allies' would be so offended by that?

I'm just confused PBP. I don't necessarily agree with the way everyone else does it. But I am afraid of losing my rights. I would hope more people would overlook their dislike of others rather than use them as an excuse for staying home and staying silent.

I would be very interested in hearing some constructive and realistic ideas if you have some to offer.

How about starting at 11AM the next time for maximum turn out and exposure. That way those of us across the state don't have to leave at 2AM to avoid an overnight stay.

An excellent idea Nick, I drove down from Washington the night before, spent $$$ for fuel, stayed in a motel and ate out 4 times. It was my choice to come down and spend part of my retirement money but it is for the right cause, one that I believe strongly in. ;)
I liked to get up early to hunt & fish back in the day but 8 am is a stretch....:D

etrain16, Ladies & Gentlemen... I took the chance, and hit UN-Ignore, when I saw that the penguin had spoken about the Poor turn out...

I see know, that we were ~All Wrong~ after all, by penguin's on bill, he says he talks to thousands of us "every week"... My gosh, a real Celebrity!!!

We should all allign ourselves with The Penguin, there are Thousands that the Penguin talks to... And we are only just a ~few~, and Old Worn out fogies, the most of us... So... Let us GATHER all Behind the Penguin for leadership, so it gits done correct, like HE DID IT Monday...

~~~~Right~~~~ ?????? :s0004:

Or. :s0013: One or the Other... Penguin = :s0016:

philipINtheBoonDocks o_O

My first drive to Junction City, was good... But my leg is, again throbbing... I will be getting another vehicle easier on my legs.... :confused:

I was bummed I couldn't attend. I've made it for the last 2 years. Had a chat with Lars last year that was pretty cool. I ended up having to work because of the flu floating around the country. I see work as probably the main reason more people aren't showing up. Liberals will drop any responsibility to bubblegum and moan about something. Most gun owners and conservatives will suck it up to fulfill their responsibilities. I've always wondered why we don't make the government work weekends and keep hours that are more amicable to a standard work week. Seems like whenever you have to deal with government you have to interrupt your normal work schedule to suit them.

I'm assuming the legislature takes weekends off. If they don't perhaps a rally on a Saturday or Sunday around lunch time would see greater numbers. Obviously having the rally when the legislature is not present isn't as in your face, but if the numbers are considerably greater it could garner more media attention.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews