JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i doubt this will spark a push for gun control from the citizens of salem.

it does suck that people just dont go talk it out or throw up their dukes in the parking lot anymore tho. like back when men were men.

ive lived in the salem keizer area for nearly 30 years. 12 years as a law abiding adult. every single person i know(and i know lots of people) in salem/keizer has a gun and is very pro gun. all the LEOs here are super super pro gun that im aware of. KPD SPD,MCSO and OSP(the ones in my area) are super pro gun too. marion county is a red county man. we aint no gun haters here.

i doubt this will spark a push for gun control from the citizens of salem.

it does suck that people just dont go talk it out or throw up their dukes in the parking lot anymore tho. like back when men were men.
I remember more than one occasion, after having been in a scrap, shaking hands and having a real sense of camaraderie for my prior foe.

Nowadays you can't be sure a kid wouldn't go pick up a knife or other weapon.

ive lived in the salem keizer area for nearly 30 years. 12 years as a law abiding adult. every single person i know(and i know lots of people) in salem/keizer has a gun and is very pro gun. all the LEOs here are super super pro gun that im aware of. KPD SPD,MCSO and OSP(the ones in my area) are super pro gun too. marion county is a red county man. we aint no gun haters here.
Have a keg party and pass out ballots

I remember more than one occasion, after having been in a scrap, shaking hands and having a real sense of camaraderie for my prior foe.

Nowadays you can't be sure a kid wouldn't go pick up a knife or other weapon.
I am nearing 40. I have carried a knife since I was about 7. Most of my life I have had multiple on me. If you punched at me there would be a very high probability the knives were coming out. They have come out many a time. Most of the time, that was enough. I grew up in a gang infested neighborhood full of drugs. But even so I had a measured response, but when young was very much a runt. Those things together spelled a need to defend myself with superior weapons. I am still alive, so it worked. I also in my younger days made all sorts of hand to hand improvised weapons to even the playing field.

I guess I don't get the fighting in the parking lot not being for blood. I am not a fan of TBIs. Had a few to be honest and I don't relish the idea of losing the ability to talk for several months again.

I am nearing 40. I have carried a knife since I was about 7. Most of my life I have had multiple on me. If you punched at me there would be a very high probability the knives were coming out. They have come out many a time. Most of the time, that was enough. I grew up in a gang infested neighborhood full of drugs. But even so I had a measured response, but when young was very much a runt. Those things together spelled a need to defend myself with superior weapons. I am still alive, so it worked. I also in my younger days made all sorts of hand to hand improvised weapons to even the playing field.

I guess I don't get the fighting in the parking lot not being for blood. I am not a fan of TBIs. Had a few to be honest and I don't relish the idea of losing the ability to talk for several months again.
Hope I didn't strike a nerve. If so, I apologize.

I also had no intention to boast of days of youth and poor judgement.

Not sure what else to say except that I'm glad you were able to take care of yourself from a young age. Kudos!

Hope I didn't strike a nerve. If so, I apologize.

I also had no intention to boast of days of youth and poor judgement.

Not sure what else to say except that I'm glad you were able to take care of yourself from a young age. Kudos!
Considering that I was polishing a razor's edge on my newest knife I forged, any nerves from that are long quieted. I just don't always see the old ways as inferior to overwhelming force. Mostly, because if I convince you that attacking me is not worth it, all parties leave alive and unharmed.

I am a scrapper still and still carry a pair of blades except at work.

The media has done a piss poor job of reporting on this. The 24 year old that died was acquitted last April of murder when he shot and killed a man. He was arrested though for illegal possession of a handgun. More than likely this was retaliation for the murder last year...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top