JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's the clearest pair of safety glasses? Because lately I've been taking mine off every opporunity I get because they get in the way of shooting. My scopes have clear glass, but its next to impossible to take advantage of that when the safety glasses are just awful. :mad:

Best? Not cheap but this is what I would do...

Go to an eye glass place and get a pair of glasses without a prescription that are safety rated.

You pick the frames and shape.

I have a pair with prescription (minor) but they make a world of difference with my longer shots and do not get in the way at all.

Thanks for the options, tomorrow I'll head down to the Wal Mart to see if they have any of those safety glasses before going to a eye glass place. If I don't find anything, I'll just look up the Oakley and the Dewalt.

When I was trying to shoot today, the glasses I had looked like they may as well been made out of fog! :eek: Big sign I need better ones.

If you see me outside. [Sometimes it's all day in the bright sun.]
I'm wearing wraparound, amber tint, polaroid, polycarbonate, sun glasses.

Been that way for the last 20 years or so.
Gota save the eye's! ;)

Last Edited:
Safety glasses are important... But if they make it look like you're shooting in dense fog, they aren't fun.

And it was a clear sunny day today when I was out there. o_O I couldn't even see the target at 100 yards.

Best? Not cheap but this is what I would do...

Go to an eye glass place and get a pair of glasses without a prescription that are safety rated.

You pick the frames and shape.

I have a pair with prescription (minor) but they make a world of difference with my longer shots and do not get in the way at all.

well enough to hit the bulls eye at 200 yds :D

BL.jpg I've been using these for a very long time. Don't know if you can still find them or not. They were actually called "Shooting Glasses" when I bought them.

Home | Wiley X Tactical
Best darn Shooting/safety glasses and goggles you can get for the money.
I swear by them, and only wear them. Pretty much year round, if the sun's out, I got them on. Winter sun in the snow is especially hard on the eyes, and these beat the Okleys hands down for UV protection and they stay clear.

Home | Wiley X Tactical
I swear by them, and only wear them. Pretty much year round, if the sun's out, I got them on. Winter sun in the snow is especially hard on the eyes, and these beat the Okleys hands down for UV protection and they stay clear.

I will be looking at these, Ura Ki. I have for 15 years used Bolle Vigilantes with the Rx clear insert but Wally World does not carry them any more. My vision insurance will cover 1 pair of prescription lenses upwards of $300.00.

Brutus Out

Home | Wiley X Tactical
I've had a pair of XL-1's for years and the company bought me another pair with rx lenses last year. I wouldn't wear anything else. The lenses being interchangeable is a huge plus.

Thanks for the options, tomorrow I'll head down to the Wal Mart to see if they have any of those safety glasses before going to a eye glass place. If I don't find anything, I'll just look up the Oakley and the Dewalt.

When I was trying to shoot today, the glasses I had looked like they may as well been made out of fog! :eek: Big sign I need better ones.
While you're there, if your Walbarf has a Vision Center you might talk to them. I need heavy-duty correctives (20/400 in my good eye) and they were able to cut high-index polycarbonate lenses to fill both my needs in one frame.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top