JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, it's always the cheapies that get fogged just sitting on a shelf or hanging on the pegboard. The Berkely fishing wraparounds I have get scratched but don't get fogged.

I'm thinkin I will try keeping my shop glasses in a baggie like DirectDrive mentioned. Maybe the air getting to them is the problem? Or maybe I just need to buy better shop safety glasses.;)

Anyone find it ironic that 90% of the safety glasses at industrial facilities are cheap plastic and actually impair vision?
When they started making us wear safety glasses all the time at work, one of the things I discovered about the company supplied ones was that they slightly magnified. Different for each eye, and different for each pair of glasses. It drove me nuts because I went home with headaches everyday. That's when I investigated and discovered that my Oakley's were classified as safety, so I started wearing them.

Yup, it's always the cheapies that get fogged just sitting on a shelf or hanging on the pegboard. The Berkely fishing wraparounds I have get scratched but don't get fogged.

I'm thinkin I will try keeping my shop glasses in a baggie like DirectDrive mentioned. Maybe the air getting to them is the problem? Or maybe I just need to buy better shop safety glasses.;)
I noticed that in the Radians product line there are "anti-fog" versions as well.
Can't say the I've used them, though.

At the time I got my glasses I was normally the only one at the range, so I never really wore any.

I went and bought a pair at Wal Mart, waiting on the lens to be put in.

I have ESS - not cheap. ESS Eyewear Crossbow Suppressor
Frames are very thin over the ear, which if you wear over ear muffs is important.
Getting down on a rifle can often open a gap between your skull and the muff - I advise avoiding that.

Amazon.com : ESS Eyewear Crossbow Suppressor ONE Kit 740-0472 : Hunting Safety Glasses : Sports & Outdoors

Search Results

Ballistic Goggles - ESS Products - ESS Eye Pro - Ballistic Goggles - Ballistic Sunglasses - Military Eyewear - Eye Protection – Shooting Glasses

Everything in these is replaceable -
lens,
nose piece etc.

View attachment 347519 I've been using these for a very long time. Don't know if you can still find them or not. They were actually called "Shooting Glasses" when I bought them.

Let me guess, you bought those when Starsky and Hutch was still airing as a weekly TV series and you saw Huggie-Bear wearing a pair!

:D

I wear Nemeis RX with x2 cheaters everyday, all day. They're awesome, even when covered in sawdust... LOL

IMG_3895.JPG IMG_3897.JPG

Last Edited:
That sounds like the lenses are getting scratched / scuffed. Do you have a hard case to keep them in when you aren't wearing them?
I do not. But when I'm not wearing them they sit on the desk, some of the scratches came from someone else's brass. The parts that aren't scratched were just not very clear to begin with.

When GI's started to show up, the Iraqis thought that their Oakleys gave them X-Ray vision.

:)
Are you saying they didn't!? If you looked at their website, you'd think they did. I love my Oakley's and being a truck driver, use the crap out of them, but they're awfully proud of their technology.

I don't wear prescription glasses but our health insurance provides $300 per year of optical so I get anew pair of "driving" (aka shooting) glasses every year.
The Ray Bans are my favorite so far. I have a pair Smiths, Oakleys and Nike glasses all with yellow tint but the Ray Bans are my go to. The Ray bans have a really good anti-glare and anti scratch coating and spring loaded hinges. Somehow I've managed to keep them stored in the hard case they came with so after 4 years they're still crystal clear.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top