JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you consider to be safe trigger pull for a .308 Remington 700 PSS rifle? Currently mine sits at 1.5lbs and was 2.0 but it still felt a bit heavy, so I had it turned down.

Just be careful you don't set it too low... :s0001:

I've got a Jewell trigger in my Remmy 700 (.30-06) set at 2.5 lbs and it breaks perfectly. I had it as low as 1.0-1.5 and it just felt TOO light, almost as if breathing on it would set the thing off!

Whatever happened to the Canjar trigger? I have one on my mid 70's .270 and it has been really handy in E. Oregon out in the flats.

I haven't kept track of such triggers for years because I love my rifle and it's all I've ever wanted for Oregon game. I switched to the AR for varmints just because it's fun.

There's the CZ setup, the double sets, the adjustables, the Savage Accutrigger... I wouldn't have any idea what's best today.

Guess time flies... :)

You have a PSS (Police Sharp Shooter), 2# is about average and somewhat conventional wisdom, according to the tactical websites I browse. I have a 5R with the Mark X Pro trigger and have it set to 2.5#. I've tried different weight settings and I do not consider this trigger to be safe below 2.5#.

I am hopeful that you have some experience with adjusting your trigger or are having it done professionally to check for safety.

Some folks seem to get along with the Mark X Pro's, but I sense that most just change them out for a custom trigger. Rifle Basix, from my browsings, have more issues than Timney's. Apparently some models of Jewell's are super but expensive.

I'm looking into ordering a #510 Timney for mine, FWIW.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top