JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya, it was likely bullet bulge. Either from misaligned seating or over crimping. Both can easily happen from a personal reload or major manufacturers.
I'll show a better angle later. I still have a few. It's not bullet bulge, I've seen that, but a definite dent in the case just below the bullet, like something with a defined edge hit it. The top one is the best example in the pic, but not the most dented.

Also.. golden sabres have never done well in terminal ballistics tests.. kinda surprised they still exist
Ok.
JHPs as a rule seem to do kind of schitty, of late. Even gold dot had to revamp its design. Additionally, manufacturers are finally making loads for subcompact pistols, since so many folks carry them and the terminal velocity can't really be met with short barrels.

FWIW, to me they look like they may have been used as carry ammo, loaded into magazines a couple of times, reboxed and put back out for sale. We've been seeing many shops buying ammo from costumers, marked-up and being resold.

FWIW, to me they look like they may have been used as carry ammo, loaded into magazines a couple of times, reboxed and put back out for sale. We've been seeing many shops buying ammo from costumers, marked-up and being resold.
That'sa rather scary concept. Yet I wouldn't be surprised if smaller shops are doing it. Sad really that some shops just don't have enough ethics not to do that sort of thing.

Well, OP got the answer as to will they work.

As to the question of the origin of the dents. How about if they were loaded in a magazine, then someone cycled them all in and out of the action, the dents coming from an edge on the ejection port? Loaded ammo ejects differently than empty cases due to the added weight of the bullet. One possibility.

If not the above, I'd then vote for a defect caused by mishandling during the packaging process.

I've had Winchester revolver ammo that had weird dents in the sides of the cases due to harsh handling from packaging in the factory.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top