JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the increase in the price of gunpowder was foreseeable, I had multiple staff at local retail stores mention they expected the price of powder to increase. I recently bought 10 pounds because of this concern...
Personally, I am restocking on primers also while they are currently available.

It is because they can. When was the last time any of the popular RL series powders was available anywhere? Maybe a price increase will change that some. I have been waiting on RL 26, 22, 7 as well as a couple others I would like to try but I won't hold my breath. The average reloader sucks hind tit when it comes to components like powder and they know many of us would pay 30% more if it were available.

WAIT, Wait, wait.......
1684785142208.png
Well they've already been higher that that for awhile now. Duh.

1684785344858.png

Aloha, Mark

It is because they can. When was the last time any of the popular RL series powders was available anywhere? Maybe a price increase will change that some. I have been waiting on RL 26, 22, 7 as well as a couple others I would like to try but I won't hold my breath. The average reloader sucks hind tit when it comes to components like powder and they know many of us would pay 30% more if it were available.
Alternative to RL22. Use code 2023 to save 12% on powder purchases. Prices include hazmat and shipping.

From what I've researched and heard through the loading industry...a gunpowder chemical plant in France had a fire last August, and have been running about half speed since. https://apnews.com/article/health-explosions-france-f6e6008351033f307851085f25b95234
That plant feeds a lot of countries their ingredients for powder etc., including the US.

There's a lot of of countries in Europe stocking up on ammo of various sizes etc.

Most of the powder we use at High Desert Cartridge comes from Belgium and surrounding areas, got a call last week...all shipments have stopped, and unknown when they will resume.

Supply and demand...the demand is still there, but the supply is way down.

Things in this realm sure are getting interesting! My tinfoil hat has never been deflecting signals as strong as it has lately!

Those RL series powders have been absent from shelves around here now for a long time. As well as most of the other stick powders. I seem to remember reading that extruded powders are no longer being made in the US. They come from Canada, Australia, and Europe. IMR 3031 is the only one I've seen occasionally for the past couple of years.

So what is a 30% increase on something you can't buy?? Maybe it's around somewhere in the US, just nowhere around here I've looked.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads