JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is no different than the plight of the Salmon and Steelhead, there are many groups that want (the gubberment) to get off their duffs and fix the problem (low returns) in all of the West coast rivers.
That being said, all groups recognize "what needs to be done" so each group is constantly cutting down the others because "they" have better methods (which by the way have not worked).
To each his own but we are all on the same page people and will fight for our2A rights!!!

The forum is viewable globally. It is not a closed commentary.
Just pisses me off when some badmouth the organizations that fight tooth and nail for us. It plays right into the leftist agenda.
The ones here should know better.
What we type is immediately searchable on every search engine out there. I have tested it.
Sometimes I think it should be a closed forum, then it wouldnt make a hill of beans, but when gun owners disparage the very organizations that fight for us, it does great harm. If someone has a gripe about pro gun organizations they should join them and voice their gripe directly, not on a totally public forum. I criticize many things the NRA does, as well as other groups, but I do it directly to them.
In the case of the NRA They have always been 100% responsive.
Changes have actually been made because of it.
To be called a rightist extremist by someone here for defending the Constitution does bot sit with me and only solidifies my opinion they are either a shill or obum supporter. There are many pretenders out there and I have dealt with them for 25 yrs on the net and much longer prior to the net. I have been with the NRA since the 50's and affilliates for 20 yrs.
The NRA is its members. People treat it like its some kind of gov agency. It is big and its members that make it so. GOA is another great organization that does much good, and OFF is a real fighter hor our rights in Oregon. OSSA has kept our ranges open in a very adversarial environment.
They are ALL good !

Rightist fanatic???
Because I wont disparage people that bust their butts for our 2nd Amendment rights....
Good lord get a life !

We are not saying you need to be vocal about them but thinking you and only you know where to draw the line is my issue with you...

I'm for people speaking up so we can discuss their point of view and learn from them or they from us....
But it's obvious you think you know it all and have nothing to learn and it pisses you off when people disagree with your righteous indignation...

I have a life... Actually a very good one...

I'm just here to share my views...but it seems this is your life.

I have news for you... you don't own this site and your opinion is no more important than mine... you are the shill for the right...look in the mirror... that is what brainwashing looks like...

I'm for equality of speech but you are for subservience to your point of view. ...

Who's the fascist now?

Some facts for you:
<broken link removed>

1. The NRA was originally not a civil rights organization.

The NRA was founded in 1871 after the Civil War by Army and Navy Journal editor William Conant Church and General George Wood Wingate of the Union Army, who were both dismayed at the horrible accuracy of Union soldiers during the Civil War. The original purpose of the organization was for rifle marksmanship training. However despite this, the NRA is the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.

2. The NRA has a history of being for gun control.

In 1934, the NRA supported the National Firearms Act, which served to regulate and tax firearms that were considered used by gangsters at the time. They also supported the Gun Control Act of 1968, which expanded on the system to license firearm dealers and prohibit criminals and those with mental impairments from owning firearms.

3. The NRA has a history of supporting the Civil Rights Movement.

While African Americans were being terrorized by the Ku Klux Klan, where the Klan were sometimes aided by local law enforcement, the NRA setup charters to help train local African American communities to be able protect themselves. The most prominent case being in 1960 in Monroe, N.C. where the local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People head Robert Williams also chartered an NRA Rifle Club that successfully defended an assault on one of their leader's homes by the KKK without casualties.

4. The NRA is active in wildlife conservation.

The NRA supports wildlife conservation through efforts to open lands up to managed hunting. For example, under the Pittman-Robertson Act of 1937, proceeds obtained through a tax on hunting firearms and ammo were used specifically to research and rebuild a vast array of wildlife species and habitats. Today, the NRA continues to seek expansion on these measures. It's worth noting that the proceeds from taxes and licensing go to support the governmental agencies charged with environmental research and conservation management, as "little funding comes from taxes paid by the general public."

5. The NRA offers extensive firearms training programs.

The organization offers training programs for civilians as well as law enforcement. The training programs offered are even recognized by law enforcement as acceptable to fulfill the training requirement for concealed carry licenses (CCW). Today, the NRA has trained over 10,000 police and security firearm instructors and 55,000 certified instructors who in turn train roughly 750,000 people a year. (This is now much higher at over 11,000 police and security firearm instructors and 93,000 certified instructors.)

6. The Eddie Eagle GunSafe program is used to promote gun safety to minors.

To date, the organization's Eddie Eagle GunSafe program has reached over 25 million kids. The main message of the program is to teach kids that should they find a firearm that they should "stop, don't touch, leave the area, and tell an adult." Despite the program's message, gun control advocates (such as the Violence Policy Center) liken the program to the late cigarette mascot "Joe Camel."

7. A majority of Americans have a favorable image of the NRA.

According to a recent Gallup poll, 54% of Americans hold a favorable view of the NRA, while 38% have an unfavorable view. Putting this in perspective, a more recent Gallup poll shows President Obama holds a 51% approval rating, while 43% disapprove.

8. The NRA has 3 separate organizations.

The NRA has three separate bodies. The NRA of America is mainly concerned with promoting training, education, and safety. The NRA-ILA is the lobbying arm of the organization. And the NRA Foundation is the the charitable arm of the organization.

9. Funding for the NRA might surprise you

According to FactCheck.org, nearly half of the funding for the NRA comes from membership dues alone. Voluntary donations to the NRA, however, still account for a majority portion of the remaining funding. This includes voluntary donations made during gun purchases at the point of sale as well as programs like the "round-up" campaign, operated by the NRA-ILA and retailers, where consumers can round a purchase up to the nearest dollar for donation to support lobbying efforts. With that said, gun manufacturers do donate to the NRA as well. For example, Sturm, Ruger, and Co., ran the "Million Gun Challenge" in 2011, which directly ties gun sales to donations with the target being one million dollars.

10. Current stance on gun Control

The NRA's current stance on gun control is to enforce existing laws more aggressively. In 2008, in response to the Virgina Tech shooting, the NRA helped to pass the "NICS Improvement Act," which would provide increased funding and grants to states to report vital information to the National Instant Background Check System (NICS), such as mental health. The NICS is used for background checks of potential gun buyers. Unfortunately, the system has been woefully underfunded (receiving only 5.3% of the authorized funding) and reporting has been lackluster. In addition, the NRA has pointed out that those who lie on their background checks when purchasing firearms are for the most part not prosecuted. In response to this, Vice President Biden claimed that they "don't have the time" to prosecute such violations, which, by the way, carries a minimum 5 year federal sentence, if convicted under the Gun Control Act of 1968.

<broken link removed>

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

We are not saying you need to be vocal about them but thinking you and only you know where to draw the line is my issue with you...

I'm for people speaking up so we can discuss their point of view and learn from them or they from us....
But it's obvious you think you know it all and have nothing to learn and it pisses you off when people disagree with your righteous indignation...

I have a life... Actually a very good one...

I'm just here to share my views...but it seems this is your life.

I have news for you... you don't own this site and your opinion is no more important than mine... you are the shill for the right...look in the mirror... that is what brainwashing looks like...

I'm for equality of speech but you are for subservience to your point of view. ...

Who's the fascist now?

Great alinskyisms.

Some facts for you:

<broken link removed>

Deen

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Yea, there are many things about the NRA people don't know.
They trained many of our troops to shoot,... back when they began.
Most were going into combat and had come from regions where they didnt know which end was which.
They gave the troops the edge over the enemy in those days.
They are responsible for training most LE, and train and certify their local trainers. They promoted youth programs and hunter safety above and beyond any other group in America. They conduct most competitive matches in the US.
We would have lost many ranges to politics had they not intervened and battled in the courts to protect them. More programs than I can even remember. All that and the battle every day in the US courts to guard our freedom.
They are a good friend to gun owners and hell to the leftist anti gun worms.
My biggest gripe to the NRA is they need to compromise less. I send email and call them often on that issue alone. Its one reason I like GOA, and OFF. They are much more hardcore, but The NRA does so much good, I cannot ever disparage their deeds.
Until someone does as much good as they have, they dont have a right to badmouth them in my book.
Thats what made me spit fire earlier.

Great alinskyisms.

Dude you keep repeating that...come up with something more original...

It makes you sound brain washed....

I don't even care to know who that guy is or what it means.

But if it makes you feel better call everybody that...

Debate the points of the statement not make dismissive comments...

I've met many egotistical folks like you... I know you will never change...

But boy you think so highly of yourself you should run for president

Some facts for you:

<broken link removed>

Deen

Thanks for posting that link too.
That was an article I was looking for last night.
My granddad told me the stories about the troop and militia training and the civil rights stuff in the 50's when he bought me my first NRA memhership and a new rifle to go with it.
The problem today is no one has a clue what the real NRA is and what they have done. And yesl he was po'd about the machine gun ban at the time. But again they do far more good than any bad. I stand by them and always will. Because they stand by us.

Dude you keep repeating that...come up with something more original...

It makes you sound brain washed....

I don't even care to know who that guy is or what it means.

But if it makes you feel better call everybody that...

Debate the points of the statement not make dismissive comments...

I've met many egotistical folks like you... I know you will never change...

But boy you think so highly of yourself you should run for president

Go away :-/
I'm done !

I will as soon as my vacation is done this week...

Sorry to be a bother, I'll try to remember to toe the line... lest I get in the way of your new world order... where only your voice counts...

Thought you were putting me on your ignore list? I will do the same.
I cant argue with scrambled eggs.
Too damn short on patience.

Thought you were putting me on your ignore list? I will do the same.
I cant argue with scrambled eggs.
Too damn short on patience.

Nice.. nope not going to add you to the ignore list...

Name calling is all you are good at...

Man you really wasted those college years huh... since name calling is your answer to everything...

At least you admit you have a patience issue...

But as righteous as you are, that's expected...

:huh:
The set of all NRA members and the set of gun owners in the United States are very close.

Not true. I keep reading that there are over 80 million gun owners in the U.S., and the NRA has, what, 4 million members ? This is part of the problem, too many couch potatoes sitting on the sidelines not contributing. What's worse is that some of them are complaining that the NRA isn't getting things done fast enough for them, and they're not even members! :huh:

:huh:

Not true. I keep reading that there are over 80 million gun owners in the U.S., and the NRA has, what, 4 million members ? This is part of the problem, too many couch potatoes sitting on the sidelines not contributing. What's worse is that some of them are complaining that the NRA isn't getting things done fast enough for them, and they're not even members! :huh:

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

bigger numbers (members) = more pull (voters) so if the NRA had 80 million members they would be the 3000 lb. gorilla in the room.
but some people would rather have 500 chimps in the room with very little pull.

Just because I don't donate to the NRA doesn't mean I'm not doing anything for the "cause".

Good for you! Excellent! But if you're not a member, don't presume to tell those who are members how to get it done. And if you are contributing in other ways, thank you. :s0155:

Hopefully it's contributing in ways other than pithy Internet insight. But, thank you!

I get stuff like "urgent! we need your help!" + a page of slogans without explaining why it is urgent and what exactly they are going to do with my contribution. I guess they motivate smart people with facts and stupid ones with fear-mongering, which is sad but understandable.

It's always "urgent", they regularly seem to be unable to pay their bills, at least looking at the tone of some of the stuff, and a ton of BOLD LETTERS. Gives me a lot of "small local free weekly newspaper plumber ad" vibe. Again, I understood they're quite successful raising money that way, so it's good I guess. I enjoy the newsletter though, interesting updates about what's going on and what they're working on.

It's always "urgent", they regularly seem to be unable to pay their bills, at least looking at the tone of some of the stuff, and a ton of BOLD LETTERS. Gives me a lot of "small local free weekly newspaper plumber ad" vibe. Again, I understood they're quite successful raising money that way, so it's good I guess. I enjoy the newsletter though, interesting updates about what's going on and what they're working on.

Every part of defending the 2nd amendment is URGENT.
And it will be as long as there are people out to destroy it.
Also the logistics of keeping an eye on 50 states and the federal government, the printing of several very excellent magazines, maintaining multiple websites and keeping them current and on schedule, maintaining an extensive legal staff, staff to do range and training coordination, supply support materials to their volunteers in the states, maintaining an efficient and prominent building to accomplish everything along with supplying all of those people with wages, materials, machines and..... well the list can go on for another hour.
It takes extradorinary funding to accomplish it all. They don't get government taxpayer grants and operating money like the left does.
They depend on people like us to pay that bill.
That should tell you how well the real American people appreciate them.
The NRA IS OF THE PEOPLE !
IT IS THE PEOPLE !
It always has been.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR