JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAF sues in New York over SAFE Act magazine limit

The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a lawsuit in the federal district court for the Northern District of New York seeking to enjoin the Empire State from enforcing provisions of the so-called S.A.F.E. Act limiting the use of gun magazines to seven rounds or less, even if the magazine is designed to hold more ammunition.

<broken link removed>

SAF sues in New York over SAFE Act magazine limit

Gottlieb's packin' cast iron nads, he must clank when he walks. Our nation needs him or someoene like him as our leader instead of the candyass we have in that role now. I gladly send the SAF an annual endor$ement.
(yeah, I am aware Holder just recorded my key strokes and IP address.) :s0131:

I started to support SAF financially after I learned how much they had been doing on the legal front. I like those guys and believe they provide a good return on my dollar (I sometimes wonder if half of donations to the NRA are spent on LaPierre's haircuts).

I started to support SAF financially after I learned how much they had been doing on the legal front. I like those guys and believe they provide a good return on my dollar (I sometimes wonder if half of donations to the NRA are spent on LaPierre's haircuts).

The NRA spends more fighting anti gun bills than all the other gun groups combined.
They hold a full legal staff dedicated to that only.
All the major pro gun groups are good. NRA, GOA, SAF (OSSA is the local arm of the NRA and mostly concerned with range issues.) , and locally OFF does most of the fighting..

The NRA spends more fighting anti gun bills than all the other gun groups combined.

The NRA is by far the richest so it spends the most. I am not convinced about the efficiency of that spending.

It appears to me (and maybe it is a false impression) that the NRA, instead of pushing hard towards our goals, remains very static and defensive, merely reacting on news knowing that whenever gun rights are attacked (instead of getting expanded) they receive a storm of donations from gun owners. It makes every sense for the NRA to keep the situation balancing "on the edge" and keep gun owners very concerned (and actively contributing).

Look at the NRA-ILA's homepage (http://www.nraila.org): "Obama calls for transformation of gun laws", "Obama Administration Signs United Nations Arms Trade Treaty", etc. How do you think they are trying to make you feel, and why?

The SAF, on the other hand, has a subtly different "business model". They take pride in filing and winning lawsuits, therefore creating the news themselves to generate donations (as "tips" from grateful gun owners).

Look at the SAF's homepage (http://www.saf.org): "SAF Sues Nebraska Over Carry Prohibition For Resident Aliens", "SAF Sues New Mexico Over Law Barring CCW Permits For Legal Resident Aliens", "SAF Wins Huge Victory For Carry In Illinois".

People that do not support every true pro second Amendment group are inviting defeat.
I can find bad things in every one of them, but the good far outweighs any bad.
Talking negatively about any of them is what anti's do.
Not done by truly pro gun people. That is like kicking the doctor before your surgery, of
calling a chef an azzhole before you get your meal. You'll get what you invited.

People that do not support every true pro second Amendment group are inviting defeat.
Not done by truly pro gun people. That is like kicking the doctor before your surgery, of
calling a chef an azzhole before you get your meal. You'll get what you invited.

keep-calm-and-don-t-ask-questions-6.png

You don't think gun control is a lucrative business? How many firearms, bullets and magazines do you think have been purchased within the last eight years? How about the spike in NRA memberships?

nra-memberships.jpg

If I owned gold stocks and wanted gold prices to hike, I would advertise things about how stable gold is and how unstable the fiat currency is...don't you think that the NRA does the same thing? I get their e-mails requesting more money...and I've come to believe that if every state was shall issue, no hi-cap laws and no assault weapons bans- NRA membership would be at an all time low. They need the fear, they NEED some laws on the books and more laws written every year...

Once the NRA gets Pro-Active and takes the fight to D.C. rather than D.C. taking the fight to us I'll jump on the NRA bandwagon.

If I owned gold stocks and wanted gold prices to hike, I would advertise things about how stable gold is and how unstable the fiat currency is...don't you think that the NRA does the same thing? I get their e-mails requesting more money...and I've come to believe that if every state was shall issue, no hi-cap laws and no assault weapons bans- NRA membership would be at an all time low. They need the fear, they NEED some laws on the books and more laws written every year...

Once the NRA gets Pro-Active and takes the fight to D.C. rather than D.C. taking the fight to us I'll jump on the NRA bandwagon.

EVERY ORGANIZATION
Out there asks for donations. Most much more often than the NRA.
It is an extremely high cost endeavor to do what they do.
Thats why Bloomberg ad Soros keep pushing millions to the leftists.
The pro gun groups have us, the citizens that supply a high % of their funds. That is why they sell product and ads to help stay solvent and in the fight.
We also vote for who runs the NRA.

The NRA HAS fought in DC IN A BIG WAY. Where do you get that garbage. You need to navigate all through the NRA websites and divisions.
Mother jones is Not a conservative information source.

Wayne Spends half his life testifying before congress and debating left wing JA's publically.
They have been involved and supported more pro second amendment legal battles than all the other groups combined x10.
And they are behind about 90% of the firearms training and education classes that exist. They also train and certify most of the instructors in the US.
They have sponsored and fought for more ranges and legislation protecting ranges than anyone in the country.
The NRA is much more than just NRA.ORG OR NRA.ILA.
most people can't comprehend just how much the NRA does.

There is a lot of mud thrown at the NRA and 99% of it originates from leftists that fear the strength of the Organization and the growing size of its membership. The other 1% is from uninformed people.
To fully comprehend the depth of what they do, go to the link below and click on PROGRAMS and SERVICES link to the top right on the bar.

NRA|NRA Programs
Check out the depth of what they do.

http://programs.nra.org/#

Go to the top right of the page and click on "Programs and Services"

I think you will gain a bit more appreciation of the enormity of their involvement in this war.

..Here are some more.
http://membership.nrahq.org/othersites.asp

How is that any different than the left you despise so much... they too don't think and don't question their support groups ..

Critical thinking requires that you question everything including your own bias...

You should question your doctor before surgery and make sure it's necessary and not just paying his mortgage

If you refuse to question some groups and their bias then you are just sheeple like the libtards...

That said I like SAF more than I do the NRA (I suspect somebody is about to blow their top for saying such sacrilege...)

Questioning is fine. just like questioning your doctor about the surgery, if the surgery is needed and he's paying his mortgage do you go to different surgeon because he is paying his mortgage. That is why members have a vote to where they can express their concerns and grievances

Questioning is fine. just like questioning your doctor about the surgery, if the surgery is needed and he's paying his mortgage do you go to different surgeon because he is paying his mortgage. That is why members have a vote to where they can express their concerns and grievances

Man you're the expert at twisting statements around...

The point was to question if the surgery is needed at all or not... or just being done because of profit...if it's necessary then the point is moot...

I'm glad you are willing to question things...some here think there are some untouchables that cannot be questioned

I don't think any reasonable pro-gun person is as you described.

Just hang around a bit... you will see who they are... they do exist...

If somebody makes an incorrect statement then the appropriate response is to point out the error with fact..instead the common response is name calling and emotional outbursts and talking down...

Again if you don't think they exist just hang around a bit

and here I thought I was agreeing with you, guess you can't please some people at all. your problem not mine.
Have a good day

Good day too..

my bad if you were agreeing with me... I guess my bias got in the way..

you've always been against what I've said..it takes some rereading to see what you meant..

I apologize for the error...

(I sometimes wonder if half of donations to the NRA are spent on LaPierre's haircuts).

You haven't been paying attention. The NRA stopped the antis in their tracks a few months back after the Newtown massacre. They even had Barry complaining about them.

The NRA seems to get more involved with stopping bad laws from being passed, while the SAF seems to be more involved in suing those who are exceeding the laws. I think they make a good team, covering all the bases.

You haven't been paying attention. The NRA stopped the antis in their tracks a few months back after the Newtown massacre. They even had Barry complaining about them.

The NRA seems to get more involved with stopping bad laws from being passed, while the SAF seems to be more involved in suing those who are exceeding the laws. I think they make a good team, covering all the bases.

that is the problem that a lot of people have. they don't understand they are just one of the many pro gun groups. just like you have medical lawyers and then you have trial lawyers they are doing the job for you just in different areas.

Nobody is saying the NRA isn't good for us, but calling them flawless and infallible is counter-productive. Any bureacracy as large as the NRA would be approaching government agencies in terms of inefficiency, waste and hidden agendas, and would only benefit from a healthy doze of criticism.

The NRA and its leadership are extremely rich, very powerful and possess what essentially is a "gun owner registry" of the entire country. We need to watch it, just like any big organization, and we need to be aware of the obvious conflict of interest: the more we are scared, the more we contribute. They do not thrive on our gun rights, they thrive on our fears so they have all the incentives in the world to keep the drama going.

It does not mean you have to stop supporting them, or you should be tinfoil-paranoid about them taking over the country, just keep your eyes open and consider helping other good guys as well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top